GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Item names #516846
06/28/09 02:29 PM
06/28/09 02:29 PM
Kentucky, USA
acornia Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
acornia  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Kentucky, USA
I like it when get descriptive names for items like riddles or just a description. For instance got flying disc so was looking for a discus or frisbee. But am getting a bit bothered by mislabeling or too much generalizing of a group. For instance, lately have been clicking on grandmother's clock as a grandfather's clock. In case anyone is interested the difference is that a grandfather's has a square top while a grandmother's is round. Same with squashes--someone got zucchinin, squash, and pumpkins under same item name. Also got a kick out of american football so wouldn't confuse it with a soccer ball. Anyone else find if an item was given a different name, it would make it easier to fine?

Never resist a generous impulse.
Re: Item names [Re: acornia] #516847
06/28/09 02:32 PM
06/28/09 02:32 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Acornia, I like to be surprised too as along as it is not too subtle.

I had no idea there was a grandmother's clock. Live and learn wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Item names [Re: looney4labs] #516858
06/28/09 03:30 PM
06/28/09 03:30 PM
G
GPM Offline
Settled Boomer
GPM  Offline
Settled Boomer
G

I can't remember which game it was, but one recent release misidentified a "treble clef" as a "bass clef" (which, incidentally, look absolutely nothing alike).

Looking for a "bass clef," I immediately spotted -- and just as quickly eliminated -- a treble clef. I searched for that elusive bass clef for quite awhile before succumbing to the hint that directed me to the treble clef!

**long sigh**

Re: Item names [Re: GPM] #516907
06/28/09 05:38 PM
06/28/09 05:38 PM
Tacoma, Wa USA
C
Cherie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Cherie  Offline
Addicted Boomer
C

Tacoma, Wa USA
I have found those oddities also. Currently playing Margrave Manor 2 and had trouble finding a passport....Duh....I was assuming all passports were blue. Then I realized that some of the artists and developers are from other countries. Thus I had wrongly assumed they designed it only for the American player. I think the same thing is happening with other items. I have come to consider it an education in culture differances. I remember the Treble/Base clef error also. That one I had to chuckle at most likely the person knew very little about music.

Cherie
Re: Item names [Re: Cherie] #516940
06/28/09 07:14 PM
06/28/09 07:14 PM
Kentucky, USA
acornia Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
acornia  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Kentucky, USA
The one that I remember most was in one of the Sherlock Holmes adventure games. You could click on this pipe collection and Sherlock would say something about what a collection of plates. Did a triple take to make sure that I heard right.

Never resist a generous impulse.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 569 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users