GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #516424
06/27/09 08:56 AM
06/27/09 08:56 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I've never been able to get past the guards in the museum either. I think you just get a few more experience points or something.

You got the Bishop with a knife! I'm duly impressed. The shotgun was the only way I've ever gotten him.

If your persuasion is high enough, you will have some interesting options with a "gentleman" named Romero later... evil

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #516548
06/27/09 02:10 PM
06/27/09 02:10 PM
Waimea Big Island of Hawaii
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Naughty naughty Drac, my persuasion wasn't high enough, he wasn't interested.

My first time through the museum as a Malk, I was really a good sneaker and I made it. Second time as a Toredor, I didn't, though I kept trying, spent lots of time hiding in the staircase. I was still stuck there when my computer crashed, cry

What kind of magic spell to use?
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: hawkavonpuka] #516769
06/28/09 08:33 AM
06/28/09 08:33 AM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Hawka I know that staircase well - spent lots of time under it myself.

Drac I could never load the shotgun fast enough to do me any good against the Bishop so I just knifed him to death. I think the only time I've used the guns was at the warehouse a few times taking out the thugs at a distance. And congrats to you Drac on your retirement - enjoy - that's something I doubt I'll live to see lol

I'm in Hollywood in the cemetary to be more specific right now getting ready to go on a zombie hunt for the next five minutes it appears. What a way to start a Sunday grin

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #516802
06/28/09 11:08 AM
06/28/09 11:08 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Ah, so you've met Romero, syd! Hawka, I upped my persuasion and seduction feats on purpose so I could be naughty!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #517118
06/29/09 10:21 AM
06/29/09 10:21 AM
N.J. U.S.A.
croaker Offline
Addicted Boomer
croaker  Offline
Addicted Boomer

N.J. U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: syd
Speaking of the museum - have any of you gone through that and not killed a guard? I did fine until the first control room - I tried to sneak in and grab the manual but no way. I had to kill him. I also had to kill the guard that was in the control room right before you hit the laser beams in the hall. I could not get past him.

I've managed it once, but I ended up having all the guards on alert. You still get the bonus experience even though they are looking for you. I may have been helped that time as the guards seemed to get semi-stuck trying to walk past each other in one hallway, although that then made it impossible to sneak by them later on to get to the door to the next area.

Soldiers live and wonder why -- Glen Cook
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: croaker] #517408
06/30/09 07:27 AM
06/30/09 07:27 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
It doesn't make any difference to the game if you get caught in the museum. To me it's just much easier to kill everybody! I can do the Dane without killing anybody, but have never done it without being seen.

Syd, I don't think you'll have any trouble not haing level 4 persuasion. Maybe your seduction and/or intimidation will be enough. You really should work on getting your animalism up. The main reason I suggested a gangrel for your first game is because the animalism disciplines make the game much easier. When you hit someone with a bloodsuckers communion it not only kills him but returns a good bit of blood to you. Pestilence will kill some of the bigger monsters. It's especially helpful in the warrens.

The shotgun is very slow. I get the Jaegerspas XV from Mercurio as soon as possible. It's more powerful, reloads much faster, & holds more ammo.

"Christof, do not play with thy food. 'tis unseemly".
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #517421
06/30/09 08:11 AM
06/30/09 08:11 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Oh, yeah, the Jaegerspas... I love that weapon...

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #517515
06/30/09 02:03 PM
06/30/09 02:03 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I sucked with all the guns, give me a Katana anytime, slash and dash.

What kind of magic spell to use?
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: hawkavonpuka] #518118
07/02/09 02:50 AM
07/02/09 02:50 AM
Arizona, U.S.A.
maggie57 Offline
Addicted Boomer
maggie57  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Arizona, U.S.A.
Hi- grin

I have been reading all these posts and the game sounds really good. Can someone tell me if I can just use my mouse for the game, if so I will buy it.

Thanks

maggie think wave headscratch

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: maggie57] #518181
07/02/09 08:04 AM
07/02/09 08:04 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Sorry, Maggie, it is a great game, but you have to use the keyboard to move around. If you want a Vampire game that uses only the mouse, Vampire Redemption is played with mouse only. And it's a GREAT game.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #518621
07/03/09 10:01 AM
07/03/09 10:01 AM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

My mind is blank - where is Mercurio? Maybe I'd best be looking into that there fancy weapon grin I did just buy a sledgehammer - seemed the smart thing to do since I have to deal with a gargoyle and past experience has taught me that you have to beat them to death since they are made of stone. I also didn't do well on the zombie hunting - I tried it a couple of times (saved right before talking to Romeo - yes Drac I met your Romeo wink ) just could not keep them from breaking out of one gate or another so I gave up and decided not to take the quest. I may go back later and try again when I have a bit more points in either firearms or knifing.

Just got through with the nasty critters that had to do with getting the tapes. When that puppy crashed through the door I jumped 2 feet off my chair - good night nurse. Needless to say, he got in a few good swipes before I could recover lol

Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #518638
07/03/09 10:31 AM
07/03/09 10:31 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Mercurio is in the apt building in Santa Monica across the street from the pawn shop. He doesn't always have the Spazz XV, you may have to check back later. I've never done the zombie thing for Romero. I just do the pimp thing for him for the money. I don't use firearms much. Bloodsuckers Communion will take care of most enemies & I save my best weapons for the really tough opponents.

The sledgehammer is good against the gargoyle.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #518641
07/03/09 10:37 AM
07/03/09 10:37 AM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Barb - he's the guy you first meet - the one you get the first quest from right? If that's the same guy - I remember going back to the apartment once and he was gone - guess I'd better try again - maybe he was out shopping or something grin

Light Side:

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #518678
07/03/09 11:32 AM
07/03/09 11:32 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Yes, that's the guy. You didn't tell on him to the prince, did you? If you did, he won't sell to you. Try the beach - sometimes he shows up there.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #519611
07/05/09 08:27 PM
07/05/09 08:27 PM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Hi Barb - I went back to Santa Monica and found Mercurio - bought the gun and some ammo from him - haven't had a chance to use it yet but I'm sure I will.

I do have a strange problem and hope one of you could give me a pointer. I just made it to the second warren of the Nosferatu and I figured out what I need to do (since I got sucked up by the fan a time or two). My problem is I cannot grab the ladder. No use icon appears. I've tried to position my character towards the bottom rung - no go, towards the middle - no go - I've even surfaced thinking I need to grab on the top rung - still no go. I've loaded and reloaded about 9 times now and it's getting extremely frustrating. What's the trick? Something this easy should not be this hard lol

Light Side:

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #519634
07/05/09 10:12 PM
07/05/09 10:12 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I think I stayed on top of the water and used "jump" to grab it. Can't remember for sure. If you're still having trouble, I'll see if I still have my saved games and play it through again.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #519669
07/06/09 02:52 AM
07/06/09 02:52 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
As soon as you get to the area with the ladder, face the side & hold down the forward key. The water will pull you to the right spot, & you should climp up with no problem.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #519734
07/06/09 07:07 AM
07/06/09 07:07 AM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Drac I tried jumping also while I was on top - all I managed to do was alert the little nasties that are hiding in the tunnels. At least I know what awaits me should I ever make it out of the water lol

Barb I swear that's what I've been doing but I'll go back and give it another try - I spent an hour last night at it again until I finally gave up. Sometimes it's the easiest things that trip me up - I'm sure I'll be back with a slapforehead and a "how on earth could I have been so dumb" comment grin

Edit : regarding not being able to climb up the ladder : see slapforehead above - problem? I was trying to get her to the actual ladder - solution - she climbed up about an inch to the left of said ladder. Thanks Barb - it was the just letting her get it herself comment that had me slowing her down along the wall.

Light Side:

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #519764
07/06/09 09:10 AM
07/06/09 09:10 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Hurrah! On to slaying more creepy things.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #519786
07/06/09 10:29 AM
07/06/09 10:29 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Syd, I'm glad you got it! wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: looney4labs] #528808
07/27/09 12:48 PM
07/27/09 12:48 PM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Where are you, Syd? Finish the game yet?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #530827
08/01/09 09:10 AM
08/01/09 09:10 AM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Hi Barb

I am a long way from finishing the game.

Between having to put in so much extra time at work (I'm not complaining mind you - in this economy I'm very lucky to still have a job) and my 15 month old granddaughter deciding I'm her favorite person in the whole world (my daughter and granddaughter live with us)- there hasn't been much time to play (according to my last saved game that would be July 12). I'm at the Megahurz Computer Building doing some quest.

I hope to get in some playing this weekend. I finally bought me a back lighted gaming keyboard so I can play without turning any lights on - very important when you're slogging through sewers grin

Light Side:

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #533888
08/09/09 03:17 AM
08/09/09 03:17 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Hi Syd,

You're not too far from the end, You must be doing the Tangled Web quest - I just finished that one. I don't always do it - it's a lot of work & the reward isn't that great. Did you get the quest from Imalia - to put the cameras in Tawni's apt.? I usually do that one, it's worth $400. It is fun, though. Have you been to Chinatown yet? I like all the places to do there.

How nice that your granddaughter is living with you. I don't get to see mine too often. I'm sure she thinks her grandma is wonderful! Do you like your new keyboard? I haven't seen any like that.

How do you like retirement, Drac? I've been retired for 14 YEARS & I love it! Gives you lots of time to kill monsters!

We're going out of town Monday for a few days. We just need to get away for a while.

Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #533985
08/09/09 09:03 AM
08/09/09 09:03 AM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Hi Barb

Yep it was the Tangled Web quest and I finished it. I rather enjoyed it - and yes I got the quest to place the cameras - haven't done that one yet.

Got a lot of playing (at least for me) done last weekend. Made it to Chinatown. The one quest I may not do is the one (I forget the name) where you have to kill that monster in the warehouse. For some unknown reason, when I try to shoot that sucker, my aim is all over the map - I absolutely cannot shoot straight anymore (and I maxed my firearm skills right before taking him on). After getting the poor woman with me killed and myself killed about 12 times I think I'm giving up and ignoring that one.

Enjoy your vacation. We went to Vegas last month for 4 days (that's about 3 days longer than I can handle) lol

Light Side:

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #533994
08/09/09 09:23 AM
08/09/09 09:23 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
The shotgun works quite well on the Hungyogi (or however you spell it!). Some of those big tanks have also been known to explode if you hit them. Hmmm... if he were also close by???

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, Koala), 488 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users