GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? #575888
12/09/09 06:12 PM
12/09/09 06:12 PM
United Kingdom
SkeeterUK Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SkeeterUK  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
Currently playing the remake of TSOMI and enjoying it. I mustn't have completed it last time i had it because i don't recall half of it after i got the ship.

Tho f10 isn't working atm when im on the ship or on MI, maybe bug i dunno anyhow..

Do you think LA might consider remaking monkey island 2 and maybe more la adv games in the future? I would die from happiness if they would do Indy and fate of Atlantis remade in HD, OH YEAH BABY, i would love that as its my fav game ever. Er well for old adv games that is. Try lasting till the end playing it on the amiga with disk swaps of 11 floppy's constantly every 5-10 mins. Thats dedication lol. smile

So comments...

Last edited by SkeeterUK; 12/09/09 06:14 PM.
Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: SkeeterUK] #575901
12/09/09 07:14 PM
12/09/09 07:14 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Have you seen This?

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #575907
12/09/09 08:05 PM
12/09/09 08:05 PM
United Kingdom
SkeeterUK Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SkeeterUK  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
Yes i have read that.

Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: SkeeterUK] #575909
12/09/09 08:09 PM
12/09/09 08:09 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I would think that this would answer your question since they themselves answered it:

Quote:
With the release of The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition, is LucasArts refocusing on the adventure game genre? What other plans does LucasArts have for sequels or remakes from the company's portfolio of classic adventure games?

We're refocusing on our heritage -- classic LucasArts games with often humorous situations, unlikely heroes and story driven game mechanics. It was an easy choice to start with remaking a classic like Monkey Island, but we're also very interested in taking characters out of the adventure game genre and creating all new games and experiences with them. Nintendo has done a fantastic job of this with their characters over the years and I would hope that we'll get an opportunity to do the same.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #575923
12/09/09 09:28 PM
12/09/09 09:28 PM
United Kingdom
SkeeterUK Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SkeeterUK  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
Rather have a discussion between fans rather than unclear replies from devs.

But no one seems to like to talk to me in topics, i asked about experiences in Tex Murphy that was moved to hints when i don't want hints. Same with other Tex Murphy topics.

Am i not being clear in wanting to talk to you all about these things. Do you not care? What?

Last edited by SkeeterUK; 12/09/09 09:29 PM.
Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: SkeeterUK] #575927
12/09/09 09:32 PM
12/09/09 09:32 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
If I didn't care, I would not have tried to find an answer for you. Perhaps I interpret your questions incorrectly, my bad.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #575930
12/09/09 09:36 PM
12/09/09 09:36 PM
United Kingdom
SkeeterUK Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SkeeterUK  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
No problem. Least you replied. wink

Basically the OP reads. Ok MI is mint in its remake tho the controls are horrible been hidden its hard to do stuff with one hand using mouse when ur lazy i.e sick of the alt and ctrl taps to get the inventory and verbs, they should be showing always like original. sigh. Sry erm to the point. The thread yep mi remake is good, what do you want to see coming out as a remake from LA. Comments..

Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: SkeeterUK] #575935
12/09/09 09:48 PM
12/09/09 09:48 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I only played the Monkey Island series. They are my favorite. I did not play the remake because I do not like the option to talk/hold etc that the old games had. I would like real modern versions of all of them actually, or just new ones like the episodic from Tell Tale. It's like playing with an old friend again.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #575982
12/10/09 02:45 AM
12/10/09 02:45 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hi Skeeter -- my understanding is that the Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition sold well. I suspect that if it sold well enough, we'll see more Special Editions of their classic games, and that would be wonderful. LucasArts seems to have grasped (finally) that their classic adventure games still have market value.

I think it's taking awhile for adventure fans to get used to the idea that LucasArts will be responsive to them, since (frankly) they weren't for several years.

One spanner in the works is that (again, this is only my impression) Lucidity did not sell well. Even though it isn't an adventure game, it was their opening salvo in original non-Star Wars games. That may have set them back a bit from creating original properties.

Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: Becky] #576063
12/10/09 09:20 AM
12/10/09 09:20 AM
United Kingdom
SkeeterUK Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SkeeterUK  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
Yeah i didnt understand Lucidity, it doesnt look like an appealing game at all. Hopefully the relaunch of MI will make them think about where the market lies and goes with proper adv games again. Do not want to see new titles that just dont appeal to me.

The news about them using characters from adv games in other games isnt true too much as it will s*ck to see guybrush in a fps lol or somit. razz

Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: SkeeterUK] #576096
12/10/09 10:49 AM
12/10/09 10:49 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
So sad to think that LucasArts might never again give us adventures as good as their great old classics duh

But do they still even have an "adventure" making team, since the majority of their games for years now have been other genres ??

And creating a totally new game must surely be much more cost intensive than revamping an already developed one - so would they take that financial risk with an adventure ??

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: Mad] #576107
12/10/09 11:28 AM
12/10/09 11:28 AM
Texas, United States
Pathfinder Offline
Shy Boomer
Pathfinder  Offline
Shy Boomer

Texas, United States
Given the profits involved in developing action and strategy titles, it's hard to guess how far LucasArts would pursue the development of new adventure titles. I would think that the success of TOMI and Secret should convince them that there is a viable market out there for adventure games. LucasArts enjoys a unique position in the market due to their intellectual properties and history. I could be way off the mark, but I think that if the company did begin development on a new adventure title/franchise, the game in question would attract interest from players that don't normally play adventures, just by virtue of the fact that it was a LucasArts title. So I'm inclined to think that they are in a great position to make a successful new adventure game, were they to choose to do so.

Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: Pathfinder] #576130
12/10/09 12:50 PM
12/10/09 12:50 PM
United Kingdom
SkeeterUK Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SkeeterUK  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
Tho i just hope they dont rely on telltale games, as i hate the way their games are, like the remade mi, sam and max etc. Just dont look very nice at all visually or gameplay wise play very nice.

Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: SkeeterUK] #576203
12/10/09 05:16 PM
12/10/09 05:16 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
I hope they continue to put out new adventure games and remake the classics. I would love to see a new Grim Fandango or Zak McKracken. Maniac Mansion would be a good remake too.

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: Space Quest Fan] #576212
12/10/09 05:50 PM
12/10/09 05:50 PM
United Kingdom
SkeeterUK Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SkeeterUK  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
Grim Fandango just needs a patch to make it able to force anti antilising to remove the jaggies. That would make me happy. smile

Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: SkeeterUK] #577849
12/15/09 12:39 PM
12/15/09 12:39 PM
Finland
Veera Offline
Shy Boomer
Veera  Offline
Shy Boomer

Finland
I really love the original Monkeys Island games so it felt a little blasphemous to play the Telltale Games version... still I did enjoy them and they have really tried to please the old fans smile The puzzles are quite nice in the 1st and 3rd episodes and although the graphics are simplified I think Telltale raised the bar compared to their Sam & Max. When you take into account that the whole series cost about 25€ in steam I really think it's worth getting! I did enjoy the Telltale version a lot more than the Lucasarts remake of Monkey Island I which was in my opinion obviously finished in a hurry.

All in all I think it would be great if the old Lucasarts games were revisited in some way. Loom, Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle left me wanting more smile

Last edited by Veera; 12/15/09 12:43 PM.
Re: With Monkey Island being a success with rerelease will lucas do more adv now? [Re: SkeeterUK] #577886
12/15/09 02:53 PM
12/15/09 02:53 PM
Sun City, AZ
Barry Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barry  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sun City, AZ
Hopefully future games won't have such high specs. I coudn't play the last one due to it requiring 3.0 proc. I have a 1.8 but it handles games that require 2.0 without a problem.

Regards,

Barry

I've seen God, and his name is iPad. Let us pray
yes, I do use my Hairbrush as a Microphone and Dance around in my Underwear. Thank you very much.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Pandora, curly, 2 invisible), 286 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users