GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here #576473
12/11/09 01:12 PM
12/11/09 01:12 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hi guys, the previous DA thread has become unwieldy so lets use this one for hints and helps please.

If you want to refer to the old one, Click Here. puppy

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: looney4labs] #576488
12/11/09 02:15 PM
12/11/09 02:15 PM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
Sherryah, two of those bonus items are available from Bohdan at the camp. I have a feeling you are not there yet but it should be soon. One of the items should be in your inventory. I don't know if this is random or not, but the one I got in my inventory was the book "Grimore...". If you haven't used a book yet, right click on it, hold, and then choose "Use". When you exit the screen you shoud get an indiction to level up or something like that.

I got the helmet but no one in my party can use it yet because of the requirements, but the staff is great for one of my mages. It's too bad about the blood dragon armor. I now have the armor and some of my warrior's can use bits and pieces of it but there are so many other great armour pieces in the game that it was really an unnecessary bonus.

Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Rowan] #576775
12/12/09 12:13 PM
12/12/09 12:13 PM
Somewhere between here and the...
Asha'man Offline
Shy Boomer
Asha'man  Offline
Shy Boomer

Rowan : Wait until you can get someone wearing the entire set of armor .. .. .. I agree that there are some other very outstanding sets out there, however the bonus to life and defensive stats of the armor are outstanding once you get the entire set on, I finally got it on Alistair last night!!!

As I am playing on the PS3 version my game didn't come with the codes for the Grimoire . . . I wonder if there is a way to still obtain that item without the code, or if those were truly " bonus " items . . .

I'm currently struggling trying to decide were to allocate points with my Rogue when he levels . . . he's already got 30+ Cunning and Dexterity so I'm thinking of putting some points into Strength so that I can eventually use better weapons than the ones available to me right now . . . anyone have any thoughts?

Isn't there supposed to be a way with this game to let others look at your characters and the builds you are currently using? Thought I read that somewhere . . .

"Not all those that wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien
Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Asha'man] #577168
12/13/09 10:47 AM
12/13/09 10:47 AM
Asha'man Offline
Shy Boomer
Asha'man  Offline
Shy Boomer

Question. My Rogue is currently level 14. I have already chosen the Ranger specialty, and just chose the Duelist path at my last level up. However I <finally> stumbled across the Bard specialization last night while playing, but as I already have 2 specializations chosen I was not sure what would happen if I purchased that book??? I know according to the game manual you get to choose one specialization at level 7 and a second at 14 .. .. .. so what happens if you stumble across a third? Will it let me get rid of one of my previous choices for specialization, or will I just need to wait for my next play through ... or .. .. .. help? =) Thanks !!!

"Not all those that wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien
Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Asha'man] #577268
12/13/09 06:21 PM
12/13/09 06:21 PM
Northern California
toger Offline
Settled Boomer
toger  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
If the specialization is usable by your main, I'm fairly sure it won't matter if you take a third as long as you meet the requirements. My main was a warrior and I used both Templar and another (which escapes me at the moment). When taught the Bard specialization it automatically was only available to Zevran, the only other non-Bard Rogue in my party. He already had two other specializations: Assassin & Duelist.

I don't think you can rid yourself of specializations once you've used them - never occurred to me to try - however, anything that you don't take for your main can be used by your companions.

Powered by PMS
Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Asha'man] #577345
12/13/09 11:20 PM
12/13/09 11:20 PM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lost in the Arizona Desert
With the Ranger spec you have the option to call up either a bear or spider to help you and they are pretty good. You can also control them just like any of your other companions.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: oldman] #577367
12/14/09 02:02 AM
12/14/09 02:02 AM
land gal just wanna have fun
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I am in Camp and I met Bodan the dwarf and his son who can enchant weapons. The spelling maybe wrong but you know who I mean. I have a journeyman rune and I want to use it on my sword because it is electrical rune.

Please tell me exactly how to enchant the weapon. I ask the boy and he yells "enchantment with excited voice" however when the black screen comes up after clicking on the boy, my rune is there but it also says there is nothing to enchant message also there. How do I get my inventory box to come up so I can get my equipped sword in that black box?

Is it worth enchanting a Great sword of balance that does 11 damage? Or do I save the run for a better sword? I have not found anything better thus far that does more than 11 damage.

What kind of helmet can a mage wear?

There is a man in my camp also that wants to clear his families name and it says "click here for fast downloadable content" Is this something I have to pay for?

I was to receive free downloadable content with dwarf Bodan but I am in camp and the dwarf merchant is not offering anything free to me unless it is the enchantment and I don't know is it suppose to cost something?

I let Loth is it too late to return to get Wynne to join my party? Others have said she is a healer and I need a healer in my party.

Last question I have not seen one book for sale only recipes where are the books for sale at?

EDIT...........
Thank you Rowan, now what you wrote made sense, yes I did get Grimore book and yes it did raise my stats. I didn't realize that was the free gift from downloadable content. Rowan it sounds like we both have the same free content so what was the other 2 free d/c that I am to be given in camp? Is the story about the man that wants to clear his families good name part of the free downloadable content? The one that said Duncan said he would do him a favor but died first?

Last edited by Sherryah; 12/14/09 02:07 AM. Reason: more questions
Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Sherryah] #577372
12/14/09 02:17 AM
12/14/09 02:17 AM
Moondancer Offline
Settled Boomer
Moondancer  Offline
Settled Boomer

Sherryah, you need to find weapons with enchantment slots on them, to be able to enchant them. These will appear as little blocks at the bottom of the item description pop-up. At first you'll only find weapons with one slot, but I have by now found weapons that have 3 slots.

You'll just have to be patient and search. smile

Don't worry about "wasting" runestones, you can remove them again at any time, and use them for another weapon.

Mages wear mainly their own clothing, but if they are strong enough, you can put other clothing on them too.

You usually have to pay for the DLC you mentioned - if so,it will tell you that you need a certain amount of Bioware credits if you log on and try to redeem it.

No, you get Wynne later at the Mage's Tower.

You find recipe's from different traders all over the gameworld.

`Curiouser and curiouser!' cried Alice
Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Moondancer] #577373
12/14/09 03:03 AM
12/14/09 03:03 AM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
Hi Sherrayh smile

The other two free items are Bergen's Honor and a staff called Final Reason (source here: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Collector%27s_Edition_of_Dragon_Age:_Origins)

I can't remember if if you gotten the UK version of the Collector's Edition or the digital one?
In any case, you should have either a) a card which gives you a code for Final Reason and Bergen's honor.

You should have gotten a code for Blood Armour and the Stone Prisoner as well - regardless of whether you have the UK retail version or the UK digital version of the game.

If you did get the digital version of the collector's edition, you should have gotten a card with a code on it for Warden's Keep (that's the man in your camp keeps talking about).

Please note that sometimes the retailers do forget to include these codes in their versions.
If you have the digital version from say Game or Steam, you should have gotten emails with keys to unlock the promo(tional) content.

You'll need to log into Bioware Social Network, create an account, make sure the DAupdater is running properly, and then click the 'redeem promo code' link in the menu point. You'll need to first click on where it says 'profile', though.

If you have gotten the UK retail version, not the digital version, you'll need to buy 560 Bioware points to buy Warden's Keep.

And if this has gotten you confused, it is totally understandable.

As for mages (and other npcs or yourself), everyone can wear helmets or armour, if they have the Strength to do it. For mages, wearing armour might hurt their spell casting abilities, though.

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Karsten] #577383
12/14/09 04:34 AM
12/14/09 04:34 AM
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Your all so precious and thanks to all who responded to my questions. Gosh no wonder my normal sword was not able to be enchanted. LOL now I understand.

I bought the retail UK Collectors edition and already redeemed all my codes.

Also I found out the dude at camp wanting to clear his name is also the same one bioware wants us to buy his quest. LOL

BTW I love playing with my dog at camp, everyone came and was interacting with him and Allison got bit for getting too close to my dog Brutus's food. The other funny thing was the way Sten reacted to the dog and the way the dog reacted to him. If you haven't done any talking to your dog repeatedly in camp it is interesting what happens especially to Morgana and her unmentionable undergarments. LOL

EDIT..........
karstan your right I received these free d/l content

n any case, you should have either a) a card which gives you a code for Final Reason and Bergen's honor.

You should have gotten a code for Blood Armour and the Stone Prisoner as well - regardless of whether you have the UK retail version or the UK digital version of the game.

However I don't know when I get Bergen's honor the dwarf in camp has it for sale. How is it activated where I get it free?

Karstan I hope you will be able to get this game very soon your so knowledgeable about it and really a great help to everyone. Thank you it was the way you answered everyones questions and reviews that got me interested enough to buy this great game. I have never enjoyed a game more even enhanced witcher can't hold my attention like this game does. The storyline and the way they chat together is really something in a game I have never experienced. I love this and hope more game developers will do the same thing.

Last edited by Sherryah; 12/14/09 04:40 AM. Reason: more comments
Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Sherryah] #577419
12/14/09 08:25 AM
12/14/09 08:25 AM
Moondancer Offline
Settled Boomer
Moondancer  Offline
Settled Boomer

Helmets and armour hinder mages in the same way that it hinders warriors or rogues.

In the case of mages, the "fatigue" it creates causes the mages to have a smaller pool of mana available to cast spells from. With warriors and rogues, fatigue will cause a smaller pool of stamina to use special abilities from.

Increasing a character's willpower when levelling up, remedies this, it gives the mages more mana and the ohter classes more stamina.

Stamina will be more important for rogues and dual-wielders who really rely a lot on their special talents and abilities, and of course mana is ultra important for mages who cannot cast without mana.

However: Mages can drink lyrium potions to restore their mana in battle, while warriors and rogues don't have such an equivalent for stamina. They can chew on deep mushrooms, but these restore such a teensy amount that it's actually insignificant.

So the safest people to give heavy armour to, are warriors who don't rely a lot on special talents and abilities in battle.

You'll get a 'feel' for this as you go along. Mage's robes and clothing are often the best for mages, since the clothing often gives some advantage to spellcasting, such as, for instance,: spellpower +2.

Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Moondancer] #577638
12/14/09 07:48 PM
12/14/09 07:48 PM
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I have another question and it is about the dansk elves and finding that werewolf. Yikes I didn't know what I was getting into when I walked into that camp. How do you fight spiritual creatures in the forest? How do I kill the old werewolf when he sounds immortal? I didn't see any silver bullets on the merchandise list.

Last question, how do I get back to camp and rest without having to walk all the way back again? The bandits were a rough group outside of the elves camp.

How do sneak and open the chest where the keeper is standing? I get caught everytime.

What is the best armor for a rogue? I admit I have her in chain mail but I have her strength up high 21 also and thus far stamina wasn't a problem. The lighter the armor the more she was getting hit.

Last edited by Sherryah; 12/14/09 07:53 PM.
Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Sherryah] #577734
12/15/09 03:30 AM
12/15/09 03:30 AM
Moondancer Offline
Settled Boomer
Moondancer  Offline
Settled Boomer

I never managed to open that chest...

..but regarding the armour. You know the trader Varathorn? If you talk to him you can get a quest about getting some wood bark for him. If you get the quest, a quest marker will show up in the forest where you can get that wood bark for him. Warning; it involves quite a hard fight - but he will make you some cool armour if you ask him to make you a "breastplate" out of it.

So I would suggest you do that quest first, and then walk around the forest killing wolves and wherewolves- you will find someone there (2 people actually) who will help you, but watch out! Lots of fights too.

Don't worry about killing the "big boss" wherewolf. The storyline itself will prompt you what to do when you get to that point.

You first have to find the wherewolves den and fight through a lot of them before you get to that point, though.

The normal wherewolves you fight just like you would fight a normal wolf, they just look a bit scarier with an extra ability or two.

Good luck!

Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Moondancer] #577783
12/15/09 09:17 AM
12/15/09 09:17 AM
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks Moondancer, Big relief I was afraid I didn't have what it takes to survive werewolves if they attacked me right away. I also am relieved to know the quest for the Dalish or is it the (dansk elf) will be easily found. How do I help the love sick guy who can't go hunting and needs proof he is a hunter?

EDIT.................
Help when I leave the dalish camp I am taken to the world map, but I don't know where I am to go from here to get into the forest to retrieve the tree bark as the Dalish elve quest for the merchant. Where do I go please?

Can I enter the camp anytime without finishing a quest?

Last edited by Sherryah; 12/15/09 09:49 AM.
Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Sherryah] #577794
12/15/09 09:57 AM
12/15/09 09:57 AM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
Follow the conversation threads with this hunter. If you accept the one to help him a map marker should lead you to the solution.

Both Morrigan and Wynne now have so many skills and talents that not all will fit on the quickbar below. I do have some slots used by mana and first aid. Is there a way to expand the quickbar so you get a second one above or can toggle two bars? I've already stretched it to the complete width.

Drizzt, how did you get Leliana to sing? I have an approval rating of 100 from her. I've done her personal quest but haven't used her since I finished it.

Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Rowan] #577802
12/15/09 10:22 AM
12/15/09 10:22 AM
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Rowan, no hunter would speak to me in the Dalish camp. I don't have any option on the world map except on the outside of brelin forest and that just has me standing there with only the option to return back to the world map.

I have the quest given to me to find the tree bark ironwood if I remember correctly. Also of course the keeper wants me to kill the werewolf but there is no new opening for the brealin forest. Where do I go on the map? Thanks for your help.

Re: Dragon Age: Hints and Helps Here [Re: Sherryah] #577819
12/15/09 11:15 AM
12/15/09 11:15 AM
Northern California
toger Offline
Settled Boomer
toger  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
There are two exit points for the Dalish camp: the first is where you originally entered (there should be three hunters there including the woman who confronted you when you first arrived) this exit only leads to the world map; the second exit is on the opposite side of the camp and is tagged Brecilian Forest. If you bring up your map, you should be able to see all the exit points and figure out where you are in relation to the Brecilian Forest exit.

For me, Leliana sang after the I'd secured the Dalish help for the final battle.

Last edited by toger; 12/15/09 11:17 AM.