GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: seagul] #585311
01/08/10 12:04 PM
01/08/10 12:04 PM
P
Phoenix Star Offline
Shy Boomer
Phoenix Star  Offline
Shy Boomer
P

Click to reveal..
I think as Old Lady pointed out, Amy put Mr. Bones up there to watch over her sisters somehow, but then The Inspector freed him, and at the end Amy said someone had to stay behind to look after her sisters. I think The Inspector killed Bones though.

And yes, I did notice we never learned his name lol! Everything was always to "The Inspector"...

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Phoenix Star] #585610
01/09/10 11:24 AM
01/09/10 11:24 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Here's another idea...
Click to reveal..
We know the guy's schizophrenic, right? Otherwise he wouldn't be taking Clozapine. What if he has split personalities (at least during this hallucination/dream/nightmare he's having while the doctors are trying to revive him)? What if Mr. Bones is the Inspector? Everything (or almost everything) we see in the game is taking place in his mind, so what we see may be distorted, or symbolic. The Inspector "killing" Mr. Bones may be the Inspector personality suppressing the other one.

This idea might explain why "the Inspector" is never given a real name in the game. And it's possible one of the guy's other personalities actually did kill Amy, though not the Mr Bones personality that the Inspector blamed for it.

Or if all the characters in the game are aspects of the same person's personality, there may never have been a real "Amy" outside of his dream/nightmare. So what might Amy (the evil kid archetype) represent in psychological terms?

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Jenny100] #585681
01/09/10 02:45 PM
01/09/10 02:45 PM
Germany
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer
seagul  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany
Sounds very confusing. woozy

But that is a possible interpretation. - Not the one i would prefere, because it gives way to new aspects i don't see hints for in the story (but that's only me). I try to explain this while speaking about the transformation, see below.

A new idea about the subtitle
Quote:
it knows your name
:
Mr. Bones seems never to use his own name, even the Dowerton Messenger doesn't mention his name. But
Click to reveal..
We find his ID card on his skeleton. So by letting know his name he got vulnerable? Or am i seeing to much? crazy

Does someone know what to do with the signs we see in the televion at the storeroom in the first floor?
Click to reveal..
The first six signs that appear on television we need to calibrate the artifact. I understand this. But what about the following sequence? Do they mean something?

There are so many hints to transformations.
Click to reveal..
For example:
In the storeroom at the television we see a blossom flourishing and the metamorphosis of a butterfly.
There is the creepy room 1C with the pictures of insects and the pods dangling from the wall (even the Life Leechs seems to evolve).
Gloria and the other ghosts state, before they dissapear, that now they can "move on".
The butterfly can be associated with the human soul that is freed from desires, pain and regretts that held her captive of the Dark Fall and its allys.
Hence for me a mayor theme of the game is the overcoming of internal limitations. The whole story of the Inspector can be seen by this idea.
A question that this evocates: is the Dark Fall really bad, as in "destroying"? It could be seen as a kind of help to find the right way - even if not intendet by the Dark Fall itself.

I would like to repeat my question about Amys angel:
Click to reveal..
Has someone a clue what the dark angels are? Are Amys so called sisters the dark angels? I can't seem to find a hint in this direction. And what is the bond between the sisters/dolls and Mr. Bones? Why can the Inspector free Mr. Bones by helping the 3 dolls?????? headscratch

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: seagul] #585686
01/09/10 03:19 PM
01/09/10 03:19 PM
P
Phoenix Star Offline
Shy Boomer
Phoenix Star  Offline
Shy Boomer
P

Click to reveal..
I think Mr. Bones is real. The Inspector wouldn't have left that note at Amy's altar (in the real world in the tunnel). And I think Amy had him there to watch over her sisters, so helping them freed him.

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Phoenix Star] #585699
01/09/10 04:07 PM
01/09/10 04:07 PM
Germany
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer
seagul  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany
I, too, think that

Click to reveal..
Mr. Bones is real. But my reason is another one. It has to do with the whole guilt-and-transcend-story i mentioned above.
The events that take place in the tunnel seem to me part of the twilight zone (or how else you will name it). The Echo sends a text message in the tunnel, and we know, that the Echo is part of the subconcience of the Inspektor.
I think the real world is represented black (like in the very beginning of the game, when the Inspector is chased into the tunnel) and white (when the inspector is having a near death experience.
The altar, as you say, Phoenix Star, is made by Mr. Bones. There is his name written over the matress, stating that this place is his home (pour guy).
What irritates me is the sign of the Dark Fall next to Mr. Bones name. Does this mean Mr. Bones put himself under the protection of the Dark Fall?
On Mr. Bones ID card is scraweled the sign of the Dark Fall on it. In the book of the Dark Fall the incomple signs stands for destoyed Dark Falls. What does this mean? headscratch

The idea of Mr. Bones beeing the one who
Click to reveal..
should watch over Amys sisters is interesting. But i don't find any hints for this in the game itself. I'm not even sure if Mr. Bones is creepy but harmless or part of the Dark Fall.

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: seagul] #586206
01/10/10 10:23 PM
01/10/10 10:23 PM
P
Phoenix Star Offline
Shy Boomer
Phoenix Star  Offline
Shy Boomer
P

Click to reveal..
I forgot about the text in the tunnel. It could be some limbo dimension or "the Twilight Zone" as you called it. Maybe the Inspector was half dreaming already when he entered the tunnel. After all, Amy laughed after he repaired the doll and knocked over a cart.

The broken Dark Fall sign is interesting. Perhaps Bones also gave himself to the Dark Fall after Amy did, and had power over it.

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: Phoenix Star] #586674
01/12/10 12:43 PM
01/12/10 12:43 PM
Germany
seagul Offline
Settled Boomer
seagul  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany
I bought yesterday the offical companion guide written by Jonathan Boakes himself.
I thought it might help me to understand more. Perhaps i didn't get some details because english is not my native language.
That was great idea. So now i can happily (ans satisfied) close the chapter Lost Souls (till i want to replay ist) and start another game. zombie

By this i don't say that the companion guide answers ALL questions, but it gives a better picture of the whole story (at least to me).

Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: seagul] #586681
01/12/10 12:59 PM
01/12/10 12:59 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Glad it helped you seagul.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #589236
01/20/10 12:36 PM
01/20/10 12:36 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
The environment is nightmarish,
Click to reveal..
I started looking at it as a dream possibility, I posted in a different place
Quote:
I looked for dream meanings and found that psychoanalytically scissors tend to point to the need of "mending" our life affected by issues of the past.

because I was asking myself about the meaning of so many scissors.

The meaning of mannequins seem to point to that the dreamer is not taking enough action about something he should address.

Maybe more meanings can be found in this way think

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: question Dark Fall Lost Souls - SPOILERS [Re: mcc] #595772
02/10/10 11:50 AM
02/10/10 11:50 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
I've been replaying this game and thinking more about it. I'm not sure whether to still use spoiler tags because the thread title says spoilers, so I'll kind of wing it. grin

I think the Dark Fall is an evil force that the ancients encountered and finally trapped under the earth near what eventually became Dowerton. It's stronger with proximity -- so the closer you are to the station, the more powerful it is. The evil seeks release and also tries to influence the living and the dead.

It affects the living by making them prone to hatred, and fear, and further on to suicide and murder. Perhaps it also calls the living toward occult practices and pulls them toward "suicidal" addictions -- drugs, alcohol, etc. (I think the room with the playing cards, syringes, bottles and magazines represents addictions.) The local people seem to have more than a common share of problems, according to the local newspaper.

The Darkfall affects the dead by calling them back to it after death, using their "regrets" and then trapping them.

Maybe the mannequins
Click to reveal..
represent Mr. Bones? They are in his hidey hole at the beginning of the game, and in the cafe where he prepares his meals. We see mannequins twice with their hands as though in handcuffs -- we know Mr. Bones was arrested. In the cafe, there's a brief glimpse of a ghost wearing handcuffs.

I think Bones killed Amy or allowed her to be killed in room 1A -- perhaps he let the shadowkin kill her, or perhaps the shadowkin possessed him and he killed her.

The mannequins around the hallways on the first floor are shutting something out -- two cover their eyes, the another his ears. The mannequin originally outside the storeroom near Platform 2 on the first floor appears to be in "handcuffed" position early in the game. Later in the game, he has moved and points to the storeroom, his head bowed in shame.

The wall just outside the storeroom has a drawing of the devil. In the storeroom, Amy has drawn a picture of the hotel and the only dark room in the picture is 1A. You can hear "silent night" playing as if on a music box as the camera zooms in on the dark window of 1A -- and in 1A itself, the same tune plays when you get close to the TV screen and hear the interrogation.

The mannequins in 2B -- two sit with heads bowed, the other is trying to get out. I think this is the only place that mannequins are actually in the rooms. There are scissors all over the bed, and blood. I think 2B is where The Inspector killed Mr. Bones, using scissors.

There are red crosses on the doors of all the first floor rooms, and red crosses on the four coffins (3 in the water tower, 1 in Mr. Bones' hidey hold at the beginning of the game). I think the red cross represents a murder.

The doors upstairs don't have red crosses on them, and there are many fewer symbols of the Darkfall. The second floor seems to be the suicide floor, while the first floor seems to be the murder floor.

EDIT -- thinking more about this -- I should have said room 2B is where the mannequins are sitting with heads bowed, and where the Inspector probably killed Mr. Bones. I've changed that above to correct the mistake.

I've also realized that 1E has a suicide (Gloria Grable) instead of a murder victim in it. So my theory of the first floor as the murder floor doesn't hold water. frown

Last edited by Becky; 03/01/10 09:25 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (michele rose, 1 invisible), 176 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users