GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: hawkavonpuka] #601466
03/01/10 01:26 AM
03/01/10 01:26 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thank you both very much !! I will try scrolling thumbsup

[I am past the door you are thinking of hawkavonpuka, I found and used the card on that earlier door.]

See !! I HAVE made SOME progress rotfl

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Mad] #601480
03/01/10 03:47 AM
03/01/10 03:47 AM
Waimea Big Island of Hawaii
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I hated that basement, was always getting busted. Since I was Malkavian I used Obsfucate or however it is spelled, that doesn't look right. It makes you unseen if you hold perfectly still, as in a crouch. I haven't played Gangrel so I am no help there. It is a great game, I loved it and if my pile of unplayed games ever goes down, I will play it again.

What kind of magic spell to use?
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: hawkavonpuka] #601521
03/01/10 07:53 AM
03/01/10 07:53 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
I'm playing again right now. Just doing the crack house. Drac is right, Mad - Scroll the middle mouse wheel until you see Blood Buff on the lower right part of the screen, then right click. All your disciplines are done this way. As a gangrel, you want to add experience points to "animalism" to get the best disciplines.

"Christof, do not play with thy food. 'tis unseemly".
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #601816
03/01/10 11:26 PM
03/01/10 11:26 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Sorry to be so late back but I had no chance to use my computer at ALL today mad

Anyway, I launched the game a few moments ago to try the mouse scrolling and Yahoo !! Worked a treat !!

So many thanks yet again thumbsup
[And I will remember that bit about where to allocate points too, Barb, thanks.]

EDIT :
Finished the tutorial and made it to Mercurio's bravo
Also gained 2 experience points, so I hit the "C" key to use them .. but no go !!
Does anyone know why I can't use them ??

Last edited by Mad; 03/02/10 02:39 AM.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Mad] #601853
03/02/10 05:10 AM
03/02/10 05:10 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Hi Mad, good going! When you have points to spend, just use the mouse to put them where you want. The higher the skill, the more points you need. The highest animalism discipline, pestilence, takes 20 points. So you probably need more XP before you can use them. Put your cursor on the skill you want to raise, & the game will tell you how many points you need.

The first animalism discipline you get is nightwisp ravens, then burrowing beetle, then spectral wolf, then bloodsuckers' communion, then pestilence. Try to get all of them when you can.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #602106
03/03/10 12:25 AM
03/03/10 12:25 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thanks, Barb thumbsup

I'm talking about things like "strength" etc.. where there is a row of circles after each attribute.
I was trying to tick the next empty circle but wasn't allowed.
So I'd better go do some mouse hovering and see what I see grin

I'm very grateful for all the help I am always so kindly offered here.
Even though I have played several RPGs now I still struggle with controls and stuff sometimes - especially when the manual doesn't cross every "T" and dot every "I" for inept folk like me lol

EDIT :
Ooooh !! Must getting a little better. Just made a good bit of progress happydance

Last edited by Mad; 03/03/10 02:01 AM.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: syd] #602171
03/03/10 08:27 AM
03/03/10 08:27 AM
NV, US
Cocoa Offline
Settled Boomer
Cocoa  Offline
Settled Boomer

NV, US
Hi all,
Syd you mentioned you played in Vista ...was it a CD or a dl? How many of you here have played in Vista no problems. I have Vista home premium 32 bit. Thanks
Patty

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Cocoa] #602233
03/03/10 11:06 AM
03/03/10 11:06 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Mad, woo hoo for the progress wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: looney4labs] #602278
03/03/10 02:46 PM
03/03/10 02:46 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Yeah !! looney4labs yay

I'm getting the hang of the controls a bit more now yes

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Mad] #603583
03/08/10 12:08 AM
03/08/10 12:08 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile
Not been able to play for a while but at last got back to the game tonight bravo

Stuck though ....

I'm still in Santa Monica and have travelled through the sewers to a haunted hotel where I have to "find an item".

Now, in an upstairs bedroom, I'm trying to smash through a hole in the floor that's been patched with wood.
I've tried (when I see the "bash" icon) using a baseball bat, a tyre iron or bare fists, both in a crouching position AND standing up, but I am obviously not doing the right action because the boards aren't breaking at ALL help

[When I was in the basement of the hotel though, I was able to break through the wall, when crouched, with just my bare fists !!]

Can anyone offer advice, please ??

Cheers.

EDIT : Solved

A couple of days away and I forget everything ....
All I had to do was hit the "E" key !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blush

Mad grin

Last edited by Mad; 03/08/10 06:05 AM.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Mad] #603655
03/08/10 09:58 AM
03/08/10 09:58 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
That basement was just about the scariest place I've ever been in a game. I was up very late one night playing and was home alone. I got so spooked I had to quit. I still had to go out to the barn to take care of the dogs and barn cats - I think I took my shotgun out there with me!

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #603876
03/09/10 12:42 AM
03/09/10 12:42 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Draclvr !!!! lol lol lol
[Although I must admit to getting a bit jittery myself whilst down there !!!! eek]

I've progressed another bit now and accepted a quest which entails visiting a cafe - but when I get in there, I soon get absolutely "finished off" by four thugs ....

Hmmm. Have to think about this one, I reckon slapforehead

EDIT :
Hah !!!! Went away to think - and then did 'em all in on my next visit. AND garnered a nifty lookin' rifle and another revolver of some kind.
[And then "replenished" myself courtesy of the counter assistant evil]

Last edited by Mad; 03/10/10 02:11 AM.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Mad] #604334
03/10/10 02:28 PM
03/10/10 02:28 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

I've come to a fight today that I just can't win frown
[At the Santa Monica warehouse where I have to set off the explosives.]

After trying for hours without success, I decided to cave in and use God Mode for this one.

So, I set things up to enable console cheating and once in game I can open the console window and type in "God" - but when I close it again, the game locks up eek

[I did patch Bloodlines .... with just the one official 1.2 patch.]

Can anyone offer help, please ??

Cheers.

Mad rolleyes

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Mad] #604356
03/10/10 03:37 PM
03/10/10 03:37 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I had the same problem on my old computer, Mad, and was never able to get it working. It ended up that I had to slog through the game without godmode! I tried it with the game both patched and unpatched. Hope someone else has a suggestion for you, as that's a hard level.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #604363
03/10/10 04:00 PM
03/10/10 04:00 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I was able to get God mode to work, but only in certain areas, like where there wasn't much going on. You could try going back to a save and set it there. I didn't use God mode for the warehouse, but it was difficult. I would use sneak alot and go around picking them off, then saving after each and every time. I am not sure if Gangrel can do it, but if you can sneak up behind someone you can either slit their throat (if you have a knife) or break their necks. Cool!!

I am getting tempted to put this one back on, I had to quit on my last play due to computer issues.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: hawkavonpuka] #604432
03/10/10 08:24 PM
03/10/10 08:24 PM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
I get through that area by setting the explosive, then running like crazy. I have plenty of time to get back to the guy standing by the fire.

Mad, do you have any disciplines yet? By now you could have burrowing beetle and spectral wolf.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #604452
03/10/10 09:15 PM
03/10/10 09:15 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi All and thanks for your replies smile

[I have been doing so well upto this point that I'm really annoyed with myself for being useless when the odds go up a notch yes]

So far, by killing one or two at a time - from entering the very start of this quest until I reach the very big inner room where there are LOTS of enemies - I can cope fine.
But it's this big room where I get into trouble !!
I can't seem to sneak up and kill more than one or two before I'm detected by the others and then that's that eek

My latest effort was not to go in there at ground level at all but to crawl along the rafters and drop down as near to the office door as I could and then run to it and unlock it.
And even though I am getting fired at I make it in OK.
AND once in, I can beat the men in there and set the explosives.

However, after I set the explosives and the timer starts, I have to run out into that big room again and so I still get slaughtered rolleyes

Yes, I do have "burrowing beetle", Barb, but not "spectral wolf".
And I've not found ammo anywhere for my rifle OR revolver. I think I only have two bits for each. Otherwise I would try taking potshots from the rafters before dropping down laugh

I guess I'll just have to keep trying. But going over the same part again and again and again takes away the FUN slapforehead

Cheers.
Mad zombie

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Mad] #604470
03/10/10 09:54 PM
03/10/10 09:54 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Mad, I think it took me two days to get past this part the first time I played! My problem was that I always got lost when I tried to run out of the building.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #604472
03/10/10 10:03 PM
03/10/10 10:03 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I got lost too among the train tracks and I also did the rafters bit. Have you tried going into one of the cubicles and hiding behind the desk? I did a lot of running and hiding out, I did try to do everyone in before setting the explosives, but those guys out in the yard got me quite a few times. I swear that there was an exit when they weren't there that vanished when they were.

Edit here: Ammo, can't remember where I found it, but maybe someone else will.

Last edited by hawkavonpuka; 03/10/10 10:05 PM.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: hawkavonpuka] #604487
03/10/10 11:07 PM
03/10/10 11:07 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
My problem was after I set the bomb and I only had 2 minutes to get out. Of course, all kinds of horrible monsters were waiting to attack me when I tried to leave!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Draclvr] #604576
03/11/10 09:00 AM
03/11/10 09:00 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
I doubt I will get chance to play today frown

However, I certainly don't want to have to give up on the game and certainly will be trying again and again grin

[I really like it and want to play lots more thumbsup]

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Mad] #604607
03/11/10 10:28 AM
03/11/10 10:28 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Mad, it's been at least a year since I played, but let me check my other two hard drives to see if I have any saves just in case...

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Mad] #604608
03/11/10 10:29 AM
03/11/10 10:29 AM
Leavenworth, KS
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer
Barb  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Leavenworth, KS
Yep, the problem with running away is you have to know which way to go! I've done it so many times I could probably do it in my sleep! As soon as you set the explosive, run through the door to the left, down the stairs & out the door to the outside. Go right, around the trucks and you should see the door back into the other building. Go through it & up the stairs there & jump up on the truck there, crouch & go forward under the overhang. Jump down to the left & start running! Eventually you'll make it back to the ramp & the guy standing by the fire.

The first time I played, I also killed everyone there & moved through the rafters but I soon figured out it was much easier to sneak and run!

Good luck, Mad!

Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Barb] #604636
03/11/10 11:43 AM
03/11/10 11:43 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thank you both yet again !! happydance

But ....
I have found a solution for the cheat codes causing the game to lock up yay
[I am playing in WinXP Home.]

Click to reveal..
To enable cheats in Vampire: The Masquerade : Bloodlines, right click the desktop shortcut icon to the game, and in the "Target" box, add -console after the quotation marks that follow vampire.exe.

"C:\Program Files\Vampire\vampire.exe" –console

[NOTE that there is a space between “exe” and “-console”.]

Then run the game and start to play.
Press ~ while playing to bring down the console window and enter the code in the text box and then click “enter”.

DON’T close the console window with the little X in the R hand corner – always close it by using ~ otherwise the game may lock up.

So, I can now still enjoy myself to the max - even when the going really is too tough for me bravo bravo

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - no doubt spoilers will abound - you have been warned [Re: Mad] #604689
03/11/10 01:47 PM
03/11/10 01:47 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Aha!!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Kaki's Sister), 561 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users