GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
BFG Blogs/Walkthroughs #588274
01/17/10 11:11 AM
01/17/10 11:11 AM
Tacoma, Wa USA
C
Cherie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Cherie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
C

Tacoma, Wa USA
I have noticed that there seems to be a lack of "Go to Blogs" shown on the more recent offerings of games.

Has BFG moved this feature or dispensed with it?

I enjoyed glancing at that feature before I purchased, gave me a chance to look at the clarity of the graphics and see if it looked like the dreaded timer was shown.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Cherie
Re: BFG Blogs/Walkthroughs [Re: Cherie] #588324
01/17/10 02:32 PM
01/17/10 02:32 PM
Maryland
Margie Offline
Settled Boomer
Margie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Maryland
Hi Cherie,

Is there a particular game you've seen this problem with?

Most of the time if you don't see a link for the blog it is because we do not offer a blog walkthrough for that particular title.

Once in a blue moon a hiccup may occur and the link may not be up right away but as soon as someone arrives at the office, they take care of it.

In the case of Penny Dreadful, the link was not up for the blog walkthrough because the game has a built-in strategy guide. Not sure if that is the exact reason but that is what i suspect even though we did put up a a link for the MCFDG CE. I will have to look into that one smile

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks! Margie

Last edited by Margie; 01/17/10 02:33 PM.
Re: BFG Blogs/Walkthroughs [Re: Margie] #588405
01/17/10 08:38 PM
01/17/10 08:38 PM
Tacoma, Wa USA
C
Cherie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Cherie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
C

Tacoma, Wa USA
Thank you Margie for the response...nothing in particular, I just happen to notice in the last month or so an occasional absence of the Blog link. I just figured perhaps you have all been overwhelmed by the transitions your making and it would be available later. That has been the case in the past...it would show up the next day or two. Then of course there are numerous games that a walkthrough is just overkill for a game that has a generous hint system. All in all thought this was an item you were going to discontinue or handle another way.

I am quite happy with all that BFG offers and have found that usually what decisions they make work out for the better for everyone.

There are many sites one can go to and get walkthroughs and help. Don't go to any trouble for me its just one of those trivial questions.

Cherie
Re: BFG Blogs/Walkthroughs [Re: Cherie] #588552
01/18/10 11:34 AM
01/18/10 11:34 AM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
I've noticed that sometimes the blog comes out a day or two after the game. I experienced that once. I bought the game and came here for help because there wasn't a blog... then Ana linked me to it. Either it wasn't out at the same time as the game or for some reason it just didn't show up on my BFG site.

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: BFG Blogs/Walkthroughs [Re: NYLady] #588706
01/18/10 08:03 PM
01/18/10 08:03 PM
Maryland
Margie Offline
Settled Boomer
Margie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Maryland
There are many factors that can lead to the link for the walkthrough not being up, don't want to bore you with details smile

However, the holidays did slow things down a bit for various reasons.

Most walkthroughs are done ahead of time. Our goal is to have it ready for publishing at the same moment the game gets released.

Once in a blue moon we may get a game to write for that is being released in 24 hours or less so we try to hurry up and get it ready so it can be published on the same day as the release, even if it's a few hours behind.

AS I'm sure Mag wave knows writing a walkthrough in 24 hours is a hard thing to do depending on the game. Luckily we have a great team of writers that will do what they have to do to get the walkthrough out.

The only time we did not have a walkthrough published on the same day of release was Anka. I believe we got it out a couple of days later. That was due to a miscalculation and the fact the game was hard to write for.

If you don't see a link for a walkthrough on the same day of the release, chances are we don't plan on writing one for that game.Most of the time I send Ana a PM letting her know when a link is up so she can post it in her announcements.

I also try to post in the forums at BFG if there is a delay for one reason or another.

Hope this helps shed a bit of light in our process smile

Thanks!

Margie

Margie B
http://www.BigFishGames.com

Strategy Guide Editor for Big Fish Games
Re: BFG Blogs/Walkthroughs [Re: Margie] #588709
01/18/10 08:07 PM
01/18/10 08:07 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks Margie. You all do a terrific job!

Ana hearts

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: BFG Blogs/Walkthroughs [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #588728
01/18/10 09:38 PM
01/18/10 09:38 PM
Tacoma, Wa USA
C
Cherie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Cherie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
C

Tacoma, Wa USA
Thank you for such a detailed explanition...I am in awe of you who make walkthroughs. I have tried to make some walks for my own use....I could never play a game and produce any type of walk in the short time all of you can and do. To me its the most unlikely job in the world to have. You are all special people to work that hard to please gamers and spoil us as much as you do.........Hats off to you.

Cherie
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (manxman), 462 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users