GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Running Blackstone Chronicles in Vista #607944
03/22/10 07:08 PM
03/22/10 07:08 PM
V
Veggiechiliqueen Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Veggiechiliqueen  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
V

I'm trying to run Blackstone Chronicles in Vista (the game was released in 1998). I've installed the QuickTime 3.0 that came on the disc, but when I try to run the game in Win95/98 compatibility mode, the game won't run due to a QuickTime 3.0 error.

When I run the game under Vista, the graphics look fine (I'm using the second hi-res disc), but when I advance screens, the middle of the frames don't move, but the sides do as you walk forward. This happens in every screen, and it's driving me crazy. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Running Blackstone Chronicles in Vista [Re: Veggiechiliqueen] #607957
03/22/10 08:14 PM
03/22/10 08:14 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Are you able to disable DirectDraw in the DirectX on Vista?

The only tech help I could find for Blackstone Chronicles is ***here***.

Quote:
Winmain Exception…Occurs
When attempting to start John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles©, a "Winmain Exception" may occur. Insufficient memory or an incorrect video setting or both can cause this error. Ensuring that at least 32 MB of RAM is installed on your computer and editing the WIN.INI file will help to identify the source of the issue.

Black Screen or No Sound
While running John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles©, the screen may become black or there is no sound. The issue is the result of an incompatibility between Blackstone Chronicles© and QuickTime® 4.0. If you have no additional versions of QuickTime® installed on your computer, then you will need to install the version of QuickTime® that came on the Blackstone Chronicles© CD.

Multiple Arrows or Mouse Trails on Screen
While attempting to run John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles©, the mouse pointer may leave trails on the screen. The issue is due to a video card conflict. Disabling the DirectDraw option in DirectX® should resolve the issue.

Minimum System Requirements
The following lists the minimum system requirements needed to properly run John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles©. If your system does not meet the minimum requirements, you may not be able to run the program.

Cursor Thread Error
When attempting to start John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles©, the message "Cursor Thread Error" may appear. Insufficient memory or an incorrect video setting or both can cause this error. Ensuring that at least 32 MB of RAM is installed on your computer and editing the WIN.INI file will help to identify the source of the issue.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (flotsam), 529 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users