GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
A Love Note for BFG... #611665
04/04/10 09:10 PM
04/04/10 09:10 PM
Cynder Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Cynder  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

It's no secret that BFG is very popular with Boomers, but here's an example of why:

As a plot lover, I quickly bought It's all about masks and was very pleased with the fact that some puzzles were difficult as well, so the whole thing was entertaining. It worked beautifully on my brand new Windows 7 machine which I got after my old one finally died, and was about 1/3 of the way through when BFG published an upgrade.

I dutifully downloaded and installed, even though I'd had no trouble so far, and then started up again. Disaster! "Video card not supported."

What! It was working fine, and then "black screen of death?" So I wrote customer support, and the wonderful Alex arrived by email, accompanied by Dr. Felix. I sent off the file to the good doctor, and waited for a fix.

Alas, Alex wrote back with a coupon for a free replacement game, and an apology that they couldn't fix the problem yet, but would keep working on it.

I opted for "Colossus Settlement," but I did miss "Masks" and hubby offered the laptop if I wanted to try it there.

My screen here is large, and I was at the rose puzzle in the game, which is very challenging, so I put off trying the laptop for a while, and, lo and behold, last night, up came a second update!

I installed that and got a "Video card may be unsupported" but a continue, which I clicked. Bingo, Masks is back! The rose puzzle awaits to drive me batty, well, battier than usual.

Did BFG make me pay again, since they had already replaced the game? No, they did not! Masks is installed and fully functional, and so is Colossus! They extended a courtesy to me for my trouble, and they stuck by it!

This is just one of the reasons why I will always be a loyal BFG fan, and will dent my entertainment budget every time they have a sale. laugh

You are just the best, BFG, Alex, and Dr. Felix. Thank you EVER so much!

Re: A Love Note for BFG... [Re: Cynder] #611667
04/04/10 09:14 PM
04/04/10 09:14 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
That is great Cynder, and BigFish is tops is my book too!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: A Love Note for BFG... [Re: Cynder] #611669
04/04/10 09:37 PM
04/04/10 09:37 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Cynder!

I had the same wonderful support from Carmen at BFG when I was having trouble with one of the games I had purchased and Dr. Felix was unable to resolve the problem. The level of customer service they provide is second to none.

Susan

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 617 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users