GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Slip Space/ Burma Shave Analogy-- Demo #621767
05/14/10 01:11 AM
05/14/10 01:11 AM
Southeast Asia
macmac Offline OP
Settled Boomer
macmac  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Southeast Asia
Has anyone played the demo for this newly-released game? I need some help getting started...Im at the very beginning, at the house "golden age etc." and so far I've only managed to get the three balls positioned at the top of their respective pathways. This produced a number in the upper right and a number in the front door. I also clicked the four "lollypops" at the end of the pathway so that the four lights on the towers are all at the top. Whats next?

Re: Slip Space/ Burma Shave Analogy-- Demo [Re: macmac] #621790
05/14/10 05:48 AM
05/14/10 05:48 AM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Hi macmac,

See if THIS thread helps you. luck

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Slip Space/ Burma Shave Analogy-- Demo [Re: Rushes] #621795
05/14/10 06:12 AM
05/14/10 06:12 AM
Southeast Asia
macmac Offline OP
Settled Boomer
macmac  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Southeast Asia
Rushes, thanks. Sorry I didnt realize there was already a thread on this issue. After reading the comments, I found this gem...

"Then you will notice 4 columns of 3 numbers. Each column matches to the 4 buttons on the stand out front. Take each number in each column and divide it into the number you wrote down. There is going to be only one in each column that will divide evenly with no remainder. This will tell you what four numbers the 4 switches are presently set to. Now, the number on the door is 8246. You have to get the 4 switches to match 4 numbers that when multiplied all together will give the door number."

After reading that a few times, I realized that maybe Im over my head here. Glad it was a demo...

Re: Slip Space/ Burma Shave Analogy-- Demo [Re: macmac] #621797
05/14/10 06:21 AM
05/14/10 06:21 AM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
lol I'm with you there. My brain isn't wired for maths type problems.

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Slip Space/ Burma Shave Analogy-- Demo [Re: Rushes] #622104
05/15/10 09:12 AM
05/15/10 09:12 AM
The Shave
Slip Space Offline
Shy Boomer
Slip Space  Offline
Shy Boomer

The Shave
Hi macmac. I appreciate that you downloaded the demo and gave it a shot. I would have liked it had you been a bit more persistent. I think you could have solved that puzzle even without an affinity for math.
Once you got the lights to the top of the towers, you could have gone back and reopened the cylinder behind the building and noted that the number changed. If you continued to change the positions of the lights and then checked for a new number, you would have made the connection that there is a relationship between the lights and the numbers that show up on the cylinder. Then you just figure out which combination is going to match the number on the front door.

I still think that if you like the Rhem games you'd like my game. The above puzzle is the "math puzzle" and the only one of its kind. Bob Washburne has written a very nice hint through for the game that I will gladly email to any player.
Regardless what you do, I am grateful to you for your feedback.
Thanks,
Dan (Slip Space)

Good news agent, you have successfully hijacked the Golden Age of Advertising.
Re: Slip Space/ Burma Shave Analogy-- Demo [Re: Slip Space] #622201
05/15/10 05:57 PM
05/15/10 05:57 PM
Southeast Asia
macmac Offline OP
Settled Boomer
macmac  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Southeast Asia
Dan, thanks for taking the time to respond. As a matter of fact, I DO have an affinity for math (Im an engineer), its just that it wouldnt have occurred to me that the solution involved mathmatical relationships.
But you've tweaked my concience. Im gonna download again and work my way through it, hopefully with a more open mind this time! Thanks again...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 521 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users