GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: Damon] #629580
06/14/10 08:37 AM
06/14/10 08:37 AM
Florida
AnneG Offline
Settled Boomer
AnneG  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
Originally Posted By: Damon
Anne, Challis3,

It may happen if you have more than 3 items in your cart.
This is a anti fraud policy. More and more eastern & chinese companies use stolen credit cards to purchase activation keys. Theses activations will be sold at a very cheap price on the internet.
We had to fight this plague.

Thank you so much, Damon, for the suggestion but I had only two items in my cart.

challis, it's good to know I'm not the only one. I was beginning to think it was me. I've tried the same as you. Paypal, card, even made a brand new account with a different email addy but nothing has worked. I got an email from Adventure Shop this morning saying that it was due to a database error and that it was fixed, but it's still not working for me. I appreciate them working on it and hope it gets resolved soon.

Last edited by AnneG; 06/14/10 08:38 AM.

"The three most terrifying things in the world are werewolves, clowns, and unplanned pregnancy."
Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: AnneG] #629591
06/14/10 09:04 AM
06/14/10 09:04 AM
Damon Offline
Shy Boomer
Damon  Offline
Shy Boomer

AnneG,

Have you tried to flush your cache and your cookies?
It should work now.

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: challis3] #629593
06/14/10 09:05 AM
06/14/10 09:05 AM
Damon Offline
Shy Boomer
Damon  Offline
Shy Boomer

Hi to all,

Over the weekend we have encountered major issues with the online activation system protecting many titles available on the adventure shop.

I would like to confirm you that TAGES online activation servers are now LIVE and FUNCTIONAL.

You can freely activate the games you have recently purchased.

We sincerely apologize for this issue.

Have fun

Damon

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: Damon] #629602
06/14/10 09:22 AM
06/14/10 09:22 AM
Florida
AnneG Offline
Settled Boomer
AnneG  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
AnneG,

Have you tried to flush your cache and your cookies?
It should work now.

I have not. Thank you, Damon. I'll give that a try.

Edited to say: I just tried it and it still did not work. frown

Last edited by AnneG; 06/14/10 10:05 AM.

"The three most terrifying things in the world are werewolves, clowns, and unplanned pregnancy."
Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: AnneG] #629624
06/14/10 10:37 AM
06/14/10 10:37 AM
Damon Offline
Shy Boomer
Damon  Offline
Shy Boomer

Well, I am getting lost with your problem.
What sort of payment solution are you using?

Have you reported it to our tech support?

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: AnneG] #629625
06/14/10 10:38 AM
06/14/10 10:38 AM
Southern Exposure
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer
lexxy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Southern Exposure
Ana,
Thanks for moving my post to Glitches. I will see if they can solve my problem.

carol
It doesn't cost a dime to be kind
----------------------------
Currently playing The Moment Of Silence
Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: Damon] #629641
06/14/10 11:27 AM
06/14/10 11:27 AM
Florida
AnneG Offline
Settled Boomer
AnneG  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
Well, I am getting lost with your problem.
What sort of payment solution are you using?

Have you reported it to our tech support?

I've tried my Mastercard and Paypal. Both return the same error of Payment Refused. I reported it on Saturday, got an answer this morning saying it was resolved, and I replied back to say that it was still not working.

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: AnneG] #629956
06/15/10 09:21 AM
06/15/10 09:21 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Thanks Damon for the notice that my technical problem with launching my games was not my computer but your server not "having enough hands" to handle all of us. I have now activated my 2 games and they are playing just fine (only started them both to check them). Thanks much. Life is good!
Love, Betty Lou

I am 'the HAT lady"! and "who loves ya BABY?!"
Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: Betty Lou] #630051
06/15/10 05:30 PM
06/15/10 05:30 PM
Florida
AnneG Offline
Settled Boomer
AnneG  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
And now the saga continues, I've never heard back from my second email to tech support and I just checked my bank account and found 5 pending transactions for 24.98 from them. I don't even want the games now. lol

challis, I suggest you check your card and make sure it isn't the same for you.

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: AnneG] #630057
06/15/10 06:26 PM
06/15/10 06:26 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I am sorry you are still having troubles Anne.

Ana

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: AnneG] #630062
06/15/10 06:49 PM
06/15/10 06:49 PM
New York
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer
Leeana  Offline
Addicted Boomer

New York
Thank You for this great news will be getting mine on friday afternoon Yea!!!! rah

Last edited by LEEANA; 06/15/10 06:49 PM.

'Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up.'
Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: Leeana] #630471
06/17/10 07:34 AM
06/17/10 07:34 AM
New York
Mary Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mary  Offline
Addicted Boomer

New York
Well,I guess it's not meant to be for me. I thought long and hard whether to give downloading a try, so I thought I'd buy one game. But I can't get my payment approved. I have no idea what the problem is, since all they say is payment not approved-same c.c. I've used for a while now.

Oh well, I like hard copies better anyhow. I was looking forward to Darkness Within 2, though. frown
I just don't have the time to pursue this right now--off to work.

The answer is....chocolate! Who cares what the question is.....
Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: Mary] #630483
06/17/10 08:33 AM
06/17/10 08:33 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

I will see if we can flag the head honcho again.

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: MaG] #630515
06/17/10 11:26 AM
06/17/10 11:26 AM
Midwest
gatsbygirl Offline
Addicted Boomer
gatsbygirl  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Midwest

I am curious about burning the game to a disc. I bought Still Life 2 and can't get it to download (corrupt files) but I have contacted The Adventure Shop and am hopeful that I can get it to work. However, it is a very large file and takes up most of the space on my computer. I had to remove a game in order to have enough room for it. I am wondering if I burn a disc can I then remove the game from my computer and play it at a later time?

I contacted The Adventure Shop and asked about burning it and they said to create a folder and then burn the cd there. I have burned music cds but am not sure how to burn a whole game.

I am skeptical about the folder part because when I downloaded the game, I created a folder and told the game to install there and it didn't. I had to do a search of all of my files to actually find out where the game went.

Also, how will I know whether to burn it to a cd or dvd? I would appreciate any helpful hints anyone can give me.

Thanks you!

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: AnneG] #630519
06/17/10 11:43 AM
06/17/10 11:43 AM
Damon Offline
Shy Boomer
Damon  Offline
Shy Boomer

Originally Posted By: AnneG
And now the saga continues, I've never heard back from my second email to tech support and I just checked my bank account and found 5 pending transactions for 24.98 from them. I don't even want the games now. lol

challis, I suggest you check your card and make sure it isn't the same for you.

AnneG,

I sincerely apologize for this issue.
Have you contacted the tech support at support.adventureshop@gamesplanet.com and did you report them this transaction?
I am not worried about a refund as it sometimes happens, but it is annoying for you as you will have a to way for a couple of days in order to see the refund.

If you don't get any answer from them, please send an email to MAG, she will forward me your details and I'll take care of it personally.

Damon

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: gatsbygirl] #630522
06/17/10 11:50 AM
06/17/10 11:50 AM
Damon Offline
Shy Boomer
Damon  Offline
Shy Boomer

Originally Posted By: gatsbygirl

I am curious about burning the game to a disc. I bought Still Life 2 and can't get it to download (corrupt files) but I have contacted The Adventure Shop and am hopeful that I can get it to work. However, it is a very large file and takes up most of the space on my computer. I had to remove a game in order to have enough room for it. I am wondering if I burn a disc can I then remove the game from my computer and play it at a later time?

Have you tried to download the game using our download manager?
The download manager is a small piece of software that supports a basic function called "resume downloads". It allows you to download very large content, and not to suffer from poor internet connection or simply disconnection.

Usually, if you get a corrupted file after download completion, you can suspect a disconnection during the download process.

Another possibility is the lack of available space on your hard drive.

You can burn the downloaded archives on a disc or DVD (size matters), and you can reinstall the game at any time. However, your key is limited to 3 activations. If more activations are required we would be happy to renew them.

I contacted The Adventure Shop and asked about burning it and they said to create a folder and then burn the cd there. I have burned music cds but am not sure how to burn a whole game.

CD or DVD. It depends of the size of the game 700 MB vs. 5 GB.

I am skeptical about the folder part because when I downloaded the game, I created a folder and told the game to install there and it didn't. I had to do a search of all of my files to actually find out where the game went.

Have you checked if all parts of the download went to the same folder?

Also, how will I know whether to burn it to a cd or dvd? I would appreciate any helpful hints anyone can give me.

What is the size of the archive?
I can not remember.

Damon

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: gatsbygirl] #630523
06/17/10 11:51 AM
06/17/10 11:51 AM
Florida
AnneG Offline
Settled Boomer
AnneG  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
Mary, I had the same trouble and I tried it multiple times. It was very, very frustrating.

Thankfully the pending transactions that were on my account were canceled transactions and the money just went right back into the bank. I think I may try it just one more time on a different computer, to see if that makes a difference at all. I'm not sure why it would but just in case.

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: Damon] #630557
06/17/10 03:35 PM
06/17/10 03:35 PM
Midwest
gatsbygirl Offline
Addicted Boomer
gatsbygirl  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Midwest
Damon,

I did use your gameload manager and it appears that all of the game downloaded to the same place. I had to do a search of all of my files in order to find the game. It took hours and I have a pretty fast connection. The file is 4 or 5 GBs.

When I first tried to download, I got a message that I didn't have enough space so I removed some things and tried again. That time the download started with no error messages and I did not get a message that there wasn't enough space for the download so I am not sure what the problem is.

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: Damon] #630565
06/17/10 04:30 PM
06/17/10 04:30 PM
Florida
AnneG Offline
Settled Boomer
AnneG  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
AnneG,

I sincerely apologize for this issue.
Have you contacted the tech support at support.adventureshop@gamesplanet.com and did you report them this transaction?
I am not worried about a refund as it sometimes happens, but it is annoying for you as you will have a to way for a couple of days in order to see the refund.

If you don't get any answer from them, please send an email to MAG, she will forward me your details and I'll take care of it personally.

Damon

Thanks, Damon. I did contact tech support a few times and it seems as if every transaction canceled itself. The money was deducted while the transactions were pending but then went right back in when they failed. They told me it was due to a database error and that it was fixed but last time I tried it still wasn't fixed. I'm going to make one last try to purchase the games tonight on my other computer to see if that makes any difference at all.

Update: I did try it on my other computer and it worked that time. There was one big difference between this transaction and all the others. When I clicked the button to submit my order, I was given a series of letters to type in. That never happened on this computer so I'm sure that's why the payment was refused.

Last edited by AnneG; 06/18/10 08:23 PM.

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #631031
06/19/10 10:44 AM
06/19/10 10:44 AM
Saskatchewan, Canada
DMpress Offline
Junior Boomer
DMpress  Offline
Junior Boomer

Saskatchewan, Canada
Can anyone tell me if you are able to download from adventureshop if you are in Canada?

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: DMpress] #631038
06/19/10 10:58 AM
06/19/10 10:58 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

welcome Yes, DM.

We have a lot of membersfrom our neighbor up north that have done so.

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #631160
06/19/10 04:43 PM
06/19/10 04:43 PM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
Thanks for the heads-up, Ana. kissy I've been waiting for a good price on Dark Fall: Lost Souls. Can't beat $14.99. Downloading was a bit more complicated than I'm accustomed to and I needed to call in my husband for some technical assistance. Even he had some difficulty, despite being a retired IT professional. But now that we know how it's done, next time should be no problem. I appreciate being able to come to Gameboomers for recommendations because I know I can trust the sites you reference. Thanks again.

Re: Huge Discounts During Adventure Week : 50 Hit Adventure Games at 50% Off at The Adventure Shop! [Re: Sparkle] #631188
06/19/10 09:51 PM
06/19/10 09:51 PM
Southern Exposure
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer
lexxy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Southern Exposure
Damon,
I feel your frustration with the downloading process. It took almost 18 hours for me to download Runaway A Twist Of Fate and after the download I still was unable to get an install. The failure to install was probably my inexperience but I paid $19.99 for a game I could not install. I later went in search at Ebay and found the game for $14.99 and bought and installed it and I am currently playing and enjoying it very much. I guess what I am trying to say is downloading is quickly becoming an alternative way to purchase AG and I am going to have to get on board and learn how to download and install.

carol
It doesn't cost a dime to be kind
----------------------------
Currently playing The Moment Of Silence
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 524 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users