GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Rhiannon #649259
08/26/10 11:58 PM
08/26/10 11:58 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
I downloaded Rhiannon from BigFish and I think I'm experiencing some glitches - although I'm hesitant to blame the game since I'm really good at thinking I'm doing everything right when I'm not. But I just read in another Rhiannon thread that people were experiencing problems if they started with the trial version and then downloaded the full version later. That's exactly what I did and now I'm missing things that I know went into my inventory. Everything I took from the desk drawer in the den is missing as well as the rock I just picked up in the shed with the car.

I also cannot get the three pieces of the slate to combine. I've double-checked how to combine items in inventory in both of the walkthroughs here on GB as well as the in-game help. It says that right-clicking on a piece slate brings it close up into "examine" mode but mine isn't doing that. I won't rule out gamer error on this one but I'm pretty sure I am following the directions correctly and they won't combine.

Are these my errors or game glitches? And if they ARE game glitches, do I have to start all over or can I get a saved game? I currently have all of the branches, the 3 slates and have gotten into the shed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rhiannon [Re: Celtic Lark] #649291
08/27/10 05:16 AM
08/27/10 05:16 AM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Hi Celtic,

Yes, it sounds as though continuing on from the trial version with the full game may be causing the problem here. Is it just the slates that won't appear in close-up when you right-click on them, or everything in your inventory? I think to avoid similar problems further on you may need to start the game over. cry I don't have any saves here, but you can download quite a few HERE. If they work for you, that's great. luck

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Rhiannon [Re: Celtic Lark] #649368
08/27/10 10:40 AM
08/27/10 10:40 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Oh man. I was afraid of that. I emailed the developer last night, as well, but haven't heard back yet. I'll check out that saved game site, Rushes. It's not even a matter of things continuing to not work further on into the game; I'm at the point where I can't do what needs to be done to move forward. At least I'm only in Chapter 2. Thanks for the help! smile

Update: I downloaded a save from that site but it won't show up in my "load game" list when I start the game. Do I need to go post in the Glitches forum? I don't see a file in the game directory that has a list of the games I've saved so I'm assuming it's saving the games to elsewhere on my drive and I'm not looking in the right place.

And to answer your earlier question - no, nothing in my inventory goes into "examine" mode.

Last edited by Celtic Lark; 08/27/10 11:15 AM.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rhiannon [Re: Celtic Lark] #649390
08/27/10 12:31 PM
08/27/10 12:31 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
I think your save folder for this game should be in My Documents. You'll need to locate your saves, check the last numbered one there and then renumber the new one so that it follows on sequentially, then place that renumbered file inside the same folder. Check also that it has the same extension as your own saves. If it's a different game version it may not be compatible.

Re: Rhiannon [Re: Celtic Lark] #649417
08/27/10 02:23 PM
08/27/10 02:23 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Ah ha! The saved games were indeed in My Documents. But I went ahead and started a new game while waiting for help and now I'm almost to where I was before so I think I'm going to just continue. Everything is showing up in inventory and I can "examine" things now. It's going quickly because I know what to do. Thanks so much for your help on this!

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rhiannon [Re: Celtic Lark] #649430
08/27/10 03:02 PM
08/27/10 03:02 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Glad you managed to catch up so quickly. happydance Have fun!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, BrownEyedTigre), 223 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users