GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Secrets of Da Vinci #650032
08/29/10 10:25 PM
08/29/10 10:25 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
I love how non-linear this game is! But I've hit what appears to be a snag and I need some help. I'm at the part where I have to make the syrup for Madame Babou's throat. I put all the ingredients in and clicked on the still with the empty bowl, but the syrup won't pour out.

I've already consulted all three walkthroughs here and it seems at some point I was supposed to give her some perfume and the necklace but I haven't done those yet. Could that be blocking me from giving her the syrup? Or am I missing something else? I've tried to give her the necklace now but my character says "Now is not the time. I have to give her something to make her feel better." I can't empty out the still to make the perfume, either. Any ideas on what I'm not doing properly?

Update: I went back to a saved game before doing the syrup and followed events in the order of the walkthroughs. I tried to make the rose water perfume this time and I can't get it to distill into the perfume bottle. I must be doing something wrong but I'm clicking the containers on every active spot on the still and nothing is clicking.

Last edited by Celtic Lark; 08/29/10 11:54 PM.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Secrets of Da Vinci [Re: Celtic Lark] #650054
08/30/10 04:09 AM
08/30/10 04:09 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Celtic did you use 2 honey combs, place the cover back on the hive and take the veil off valdo's picture?

Gerry
Re: Secrets of Da Vinci [Re: Kaki's Sister] #650089
08/30/10 06:56 AM
08/30/10 06:56 AM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Thanks, Gerry.

Hi Celtic, the perfume/necklace giving is optional, the only effect it has on the game is raising your white conscience bar.

You say you tried to use a bowl on the still -- for the honey mixture you need to use the teacup.

If there was any old ingredient left over in the still before you used it, that will affect the new mixture you're trying to make. Although the still automatically empties itself after a correct combo is made and used, it isn't possible to empty the still if you've made a mistake of some kind -- the only way out then is to go back to an earlier save before the still had the incorrect ingredient added.

Double check that you have charcoal in the still grate and that it is burning.

You should hear Valdo say "It's ready!" or somesuch when the mixture is correctly done.

With some of the "recipes" (the ones where the liquid transfers across to the equipment on the right) you need to put the lid on the still while it's brewing.

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Secrets of Da Vinci [Re: Rushes] #650215
08/30/10 03:19 PM
08/30/10 03:19 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Oh my gosh! I just figured it out. Your suggestion that I check to see if the fire is burning made me look down and see that the door to the fire wasn't closed. As soon as I shut it, the perfume started distilling. It's always something that makes you smack your forehead, isn't it?

Thank you to both of you!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Secrets of Da Vinci [Re: Celtic Lark] #650232
08/30/10 03:42 PM
08/30/10 03:42 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Always the little things. grin Glad you figured it out! Have fun.

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Secrets of Da Vinci [Re: Rushes] #650376
08/31/10 03:50 AM
08/31/10 03:50 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Glad to hear you solved your promblem Celtic! Enjoy! thumbsup

Gerry
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Fogfighter, 1 invisible), 439 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users