GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: family] #672155
11/19/10 09:27 AM
11/19/10 09:27 AM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
Also agree with Ana. As far as I'm concerned, BFG is a top-notch site that offers quality games at a reasonable price. You can be confident that the games are safe to download and BFG provides excellent customer service whenever there's a problem. I'll admit that I sometimes get frustrated waiting for a CE to come out in the standard version. But there are usually enough $6.99 games available to play in the interim. BFG is not a charity and has every right to establish pricing that keeps their business viable. In fact, I think it's quite amazing that I can download so many great games for such a reasonable price any day of the week and play them as much as I want. If I don't want to pay the price for a CE, it's my choice. As far as I'm concerned, BFG has no obligation to change their business model to suit my personal finances.

Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: Sparkle] #672169
11/19/10 09:45 AM
11/19/10 09:45 AM
somewhere in time
Happy Gamer Offline
Addicted Boomer
Happy Gamer  Offline
Addicted Boomer

somewhere in time
..ditto Sparkle...when we compare the cost of Adventure games over the past years the BF cost is cheap for lots of pleasure..rather one pays for a CE or regular price...and then with all the potential for free games via the Punch Card? Gosh...seems we have a fabulous deal at BF. I am personally spending lots less money these days for lots of fun. I feel I'm saving money.

Happy Gamer

Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: Happy Gamer] #672173
11/19/10 09:54 AM
11/19/10 09:54 AM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
Originally Posted By: Happy Gamer
..ditto Sparkle...when we compare the cost of Adventure games over the past years the BF cost is cheap for lots of pleasure..rather one pays for a CE or regular price...and then with all the potential for free games via the Punch Card? Gosh...seems we have a fabulous deal at BF. I am personally spending lots less money these days for lots of fun. I feel I'm saving money.

Happy Gamer

You got that right, Happy G. If it weren't for BFG, I'd be out shopping. And I very rarely spend $13.99 or less when I hit Target, Wal-Mart, etc. lol

Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: Sparkle] #672183
11/19/10 10:56 AM
11/19/10 10:56 AM
Indiana
Koalanut Offline
Settled Boomer
Koalanut  Offline
Settled Boomer

Indiana
When I would find a game at Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc and it would be 19.99, I would think it was "cheap" especially when a lot of games were pricing at 10 and 20 bucks higher when they first came out. Granted, the old adventure games lasted longer and the $13.99 price point seems about right. The best Collector's Edition so far for me, in what you get for your money is Sherlock Holmes The Hound of the Baskervilles. I spend 6 hours 12 minutes playing on hard/advanced and then the counter was at 9 hours exactly when I finished the bonus section. Then there is a Book of Mysteries, a puzzle section to complete, and then any HOG or puzzle can be chosen and replayed. Really a lot to do for the price, far more than other CE's. The CE continued the story and added more to the ending. The developers of this game really deserve a lot of praise for this one. It was mostly an adventure type game, so it was great to play for us old adventure gamers!

Koalanut

So many games, so little time....
Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: Koalanut] #672276
11/19/10 06:36 PM
11/19/10 06:36 PM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
On the record... I have no problem with the pricing. The CE games are worth every penny and more. My only problem (which is hopefully soon to be solved) is that you "have" to buy a credit every month and I'm spoiled on the better games and no longer like very many of the 6.99 ones so my credits are useless to me. If they weren't going to fix it I would quit my membership because there is no sense in paying for something you cannot use.

I'm not complaining... just wanted Big Fish to know that we have the problem and now I hear it's being fixed so I'll just keep saving the credits up until they make some sort of announcement, which I hope is soon. smile I feel it is a valid concern and not complaining. The games are worth 14.00 and even more for some of them. They are Great. If I sounded like complaining I apologize. I guess I'm getting crotchety in my old age. LOL.

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: orchid girl] #672310
11/19/10 09:36 PM
11/19/10 09:36 PM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
Sorry. Changed my mind.

Last edited by Sparkle; 11/19/10 09:38 PM.
Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: Sparkle] #672412
11/20/10 09:39 AM
11/20/10 09:39 AM
somewhere in time
Happy Gamer Offline
Addicted Boomer
Happy Gamer  Offline
Addicted Boomer

somewhere in time
You are so right NYLady....I thought folks were complaining because they couldn't find games to play....I get it. You love the more expensive games....and I agree now that the monthly fee we pay shouldn't just be limited to $6.99 games.

Happy Gamer

Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: Happy Gamer] #672427
11/20/10 10:35 AM
11/20/10 10:35 AM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
But the membership fee entitles members to get the CE's for $13.99. So, you end up just about recouping the fee with the purchase of one CE game. I suppose if you buy just one CE a month, you could say you're losing 99 cents. Otherwise, it's no different than getting a $6.99 game with the membership fee. Bottom line is that the membership fee is a wash.

Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: Sparkle] #672459
11/20/10 12:16 PM
11/20/10 12:16 PM
G.H. WA
zookeeper Offline
Addicted Boomer
zookeeper  Offline
Addicted Boomer

G.H. WA
The CEs have the extras but once they become the 6.99 edition they are usually the same quality as any other 6.99 game. So unless you want the minor extras (IMO) for the higher price, I don't see the point in buying them. I've bought a few CEs and I thought (when they were new) that they did offer some neat things that were worth the extra bucks... Like the morphing objects. Now it's seems its just wallpaper and in game strategy guide. I don't use either. One game gave 25% more game play so that was good. And I do like that BFG gives extra credits for the CEs so if one comes along that looks worth the extra $ to me I'll buy it. But, I try to keep my purchases to one 6.99 game a month. And if I get those extra credits from a CE I'm going to want to finish filling up my card. Which I suspect is pretty typical human behavior and the marketing dept knows that. smile So, I get carried away and buy games I don't really want just to fill the card! eek There goes my 6.99 limit for the month. smile

I child-proofed my home... but they're still getting in!
Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: zookeeper] #672483
11/20/10 01:28 PM
11/20/10 01:28 PM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
Originally Posted By: zookeeper
The CEs have the extras but once they become the 6.99 edition they are usually the same quality as any other 6.99 game. So unless you want the minor extras (IMO) for the higher price, I don't see the point in buying them. I've bought a few CEs and I thought (when they were new) that they did offer some neat things that were worth the extra bucks... Like the morphing objects. Now it's seems its just wallpaper and in game strategy guide. I don't use either. One game gave 25% more game play so that was good. And I do like that BFG gives extra credits for the CEs so if one comes along that looks worth the extra $ to me I'll buy it. But, I try to keep my purchases to one 6.99 game a month. And if I get those extra credits from a CE I'm going to want to finish filling up my card. Which I suspect is pretty typical human behavior and the marketing dept knows that. smile So, I get carried away and buy games I don't really want just to fill the card! eek There goes my 6.99 limit for the month. smile

Agree. In my experience, the only real advantage to buying a CE is that you get to have it early on instead of having to wait for the standard version. I've caved once or twice for a CE when I was out of other games and already had some punches. For me, only one of them ended up being worth the extra cost due to the bonus content. Anyway, I tend to get bored once the basic game is over and am not interested in playing more of the same. For the most part, I've found plenty of games to keep me busy while I'm waiting for a CE to go standard. But I'm one who likes to change things up every so often and appreciate some of the "lighter", simpler games once in a while. I think BFG does a great job of having something for everyone. And that's the key. It wouldn't work for them to cater to a certain type of gamer at the expense of leaving others out. I started as an avid adventure gamer when PC adventure games were easy to find in retail stores or at Amazon for reasonable prices. Now I find myself waiting for longer and longer periods of time before I can justify the cost of the new games. The choices on BFG give me something to enjoy while I'm waiting.

Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: Sparkle] #672760
11/21/10 01:07 PM
11/21/10 01:07 PM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
I agree, Sparkle, it's nice to get the game when most of the others do and are all excited and talking about it... very hard to wait. I've caved in a few times too. Now I don't try the demo's of the CE's until it comes out at 6.99 and it makes the waiting a big easier. smile

I do understand why BFG operates as it does... but I also feel the new credit adjustments will make everyone happy. Hope it is soon.

Zookeeper, I did the very same thing just two months ago. I needed one more credit for the free one and quickly bought "anything" close to midnight on the last day just to get my 6.99 credit before I realized that it was a "wash".
I spent 6.99 to get 6.99. Had I not purchased it I"d have saved 6.99 but not gotten the free one... there's something magical about the word FREE.

Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: NYLady] #672800
11/21/10 04:06 PM
11/21/10 04:06 PM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
Just a suggestion NYLady: If you haven't already played "Phantom of the Opera", it's an absolute steal for $6.99. Absolutely gorgeous game and plenty to explore. Hours of gameplay.

Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: Sparkle] #672827
11/21/10 05:29 PM
11/21/10 05:29 PM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
Thanks Sparkle... I have that one. Loved it.

Re: Big Fish Collector Editions [Re: NYLady] #672830
11/21/10 05:32 PM
11/21/10 05:32 PM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
Thought you would, NYLady. We often seem to enjoy the same games. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TLC, robedits), 494 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users