GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Slip Space: The Burma-Shave Analogy Available for Digital Download [Re: Becky] #628940
06/11/10 05:54 PM
06/11/10 05:54 PM
Ontario, Canada
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer
colpet  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ontario, Canada
I have just finished the game, and give it a 4/5, and only then because of the graphics. Given the lower budget, Dan uses imagination and artistic design to overcome the lack of bells and whistles.
The puzzles are excellent - very fair yet a good challenge, especially for those of you that like applied math. The story is basic and the concept of 'slip-space' is explained in the cut scene narratives using the infamous Burma Shave signage advertisments. There is a lot of sarcastic humor at the expense of the Strategic Intellegence Alliance, a bureaucratic institution reminiscent of the 'cube' area from Obsidian. The SIA would have you believe that Webster Wotsletter and his 5 sons are subversive, but you will discover the truth as you progress through the game.

Re: Slip Space: The Burma-Shave Analogy Available for Digital Download [Re: GreyFuss] #710455
03/25/11 06:23 AM
03/25/11 06:23 AM
Rome
ostrich Offline
Shy Boomer
ostrich  Offline
Shy Boomer

Rome
Originally Posted By: GreyFuss

If you liked the Rhem games - Then you will like Slip Space
If you liked the Mysterious Journey games - Then you will like Slip Space
If you liked games like Drowned God, The Dark Eye and the like - Then you will like Slip Space
If you like first person, point & click, solo exploration games - Then you will like Slip Space
If you like puzzles that are seamlessly built into the landscape - Then you will like Slip Space
If you like a fresh, new & imaginative story line - Then you will like Slip Space
If you like new Indie Developers with tons of talent - Then you will love Slip Space
If you like games where you use your own brain and not be led around by the hand (like many of the new releases) - Then you will like Slip Space

I quoted GreyFuss because i wanted to lift up again this topic, as Slip Space deserves.
I just finished playing this enchanting game and I'd like to invite any puzzle-lover that hasn't played it yet to give it a try!

I loved everything in Slip Space: story, puzzles, graphics and any little detail! Leaving the Shave was for me as painful as it was leaving Rhem after completing each chapter.
I DO hope that Dan will go on creating genial games like his first one! I'd also love to meet again the great Webster Wotsletter!

Dan was also much helpful when I had problems in launching his game and refunded me even before waiting to see if I could succed, so I had (gladly) to purchase it a second time...

By the way, the new site address to download the demo and purchase the game is:
Slip Space game

Last edited by ostrich; 03/29/11 01:08 AM.

"There is still a difference between something and nothing, but it is purely geometrical..."
Martin Gardner
New Reviews for Slip Space: The Burma-Shave Analogy [Re: ostrich] #745719
08/10/11 07:50 AM
08/10/11 07:50 AM
The Shave
Slip Space Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Slip Space  Offline OP
Shy Boomer

The Shave
Adventure Classic Gaming and Adventure Lantern have posted new reviews for my game. It's interesting that the game still garners interest after almost a year and a half. It seems this is the pattern for self-published, independent games that offer something slightly different.
If you're interested in testing your Italian language comprehension (or want to see how Google Translate mangles it), check out the review on Adventure's Planet.
Slip Space is only available from the official website.

Good news agent, you have successfully hijacked the Golden Age of Advertising.
Re: New Reviews for Slip Space: The Burma-Shave Analogy [Re: Slip Space] #745741
08/10/11 08:55 AM
08/10/11 08:55 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Intriguing reviews! wave

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 508 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users