GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: hagatha] #776689
12/26/11 08:27 AM
12/26/11 08:27 AM
Florida
AnneG Offline
Settled Boomer
AnneG  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
Well, I finished up the main and civil war quests last night. I was pretty satisfied with both of them except for after the main quest....

Click to reveal..
I'm still being attacked by dragons? WTH? At least twice now I've been ambushed after fast traveling somewhere.

I took Lydia out with me during the civil war quests, in hopes that she would bite it. Didn't work though. I sent her back home finally. I've picked up a stray dog by accident (note to self: must stop clicking on everything I see) I put him in the Whiterun house because I refuse to have a pet until I can make him unkillable with mods.

So what's next? Well, I think I'm going to go through my journal and try to finish all the unfinished quests that I can. There's a few that I didn't want and am never going to finish because they just aren't in tune with my character.

My next character is going to be a breton, I think. I've never played one before and it'll be interesting to be a different race in Skyrim. I'm going to try walking everywhere, no fast traveling, not buy a horse at all. I'm not going to get married unless I can get someone to make Jorn the bard in Solitude marriageable. Oh, and I think my breton is going to be kind of mean spirited. I may actually play through the Dark Brotherhood quests this time. I've also heard that if you don't go into Riverwood after the start, that the dragons never show up again. I'm going to give that a try.

Something else of note, I bought the game again, collector's edition this time, on ps3. It was on sale and my husband says he's been feeling a bit left out with all the arrow in the knee jokes going around and since I'm not about to give up the computer, I thought, what the heck, get it for him on console. Merry christmas, honey. presents12

"The three most terrifying things in the world are werewolves, clowns, and unplanned pregnancy."
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #776792
12/26/11 06:03 PM
12/26/11 06:03 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
AnneG, it is so funny that you can't kill Lydia off...I have a hard time keeping her alive rotfl12

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #776810
12/26/11 07:18 PM
12/26/11 07:18 PM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
I've got Lydia, too. Sometimes I appreciate her, sometimes I don't. It is most annoying when she jumps in front of me during a battle and blocks me from the enemy. She often gets an arrow in her back from me because of that. Right now I am in the depths of a ruin. I had to jump a level down and she refused to follow and left me to fend for myself alone. I'm too far into the catacombs to backtrack and hope there isn't too much danger left.

When I surface I'll consider getting a new follower. Any suggestions who may be good?

Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #776966
12/27/11 01:47 PM
12/27/11 01:47 PM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Rowan I recommend Illia from the repentence quest .

She stays out of my way most times and is a very powerful mage. Plus I equip her with various staffs that I find along the way.

I have Illia with me right now and my trusty steed Shadowmere. I have done all the quests for the potential brides that I could find in the game and am now off to shop for a wife. I haven't taken an arrow in the knee so what more could an adventurer want?

Last edited by oldman; 12/27/11 02:06 PM.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777013
12/27/11 05:07 PM
12/27/11 05:07 PM
Delaware
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tracy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Delaware
Oldman----"I haven't taken an arrow in the knee, what more could an adventurer want?" LOL!!! It kills me whenever a guard says that, especially when they say it with a voice that sounds like Arnold Schwarzenneger! I have to smile every time that happens. smile

PS Your follower sounds great, I haven't used a mage as a follower yet but I think I'll go hunting for her and see if she'll be my backup too.

Tracy

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
― George Eliot
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777024
12/27/11 05:31 PM
12/27/11 05:31 PM
Khi-Asia
hugh Offline
Settled Boomer
hugh  Offline
Settled Boomer

Khi-Asia
So what happens after you become the champion of Evil Deadric Prince? Does he need his share every time I kill an enemy? Or would the game be same like I competed just another quest? I just did this 'Abandoned House' mission ('House of Horrors' I guess) that you get at Markarth? I didn't want to do any deadric quests but you get this accidentally.

Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777029
12/27/11 05:39 PM
12/27/11 05:39 PM
Florida
AnneG Offline
Settled Boomer
AnneG  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
Originally Posted By: looney4labs
AnneG, it is so funny that you can't kill Lydia off...I have a hard time keeping her alive rotfl12

It's always the opposite way of what you want, isn't it? snicker

You could marry Aela from the Companions, oldman. Then she could go out and fight with you, I think.

I'm playing my new character now. A breton named Annick. I notice I get a lot of snide comments from nord characters about her heritage. Here she is wearing her fancy new outfit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/cira1/annick.jpg

Oh, and Tracy, those lines just get stuck in your head that you hear over and over in this game. I'll find myself at work, watching my coworkers standing around and I'll think to myself "no lollygagging" lol12

"The three most terrifying things in the world are werewolves, clowns, and unplanned pregnancy."
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777036
12/27/11 06:43 PM
12/27/11 06:43 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
AnneG, my poor Kadjhit is looked at askance from all the townsfolks and Lydia talks to her in a "oh my goodness I can't believe I have to serve you" voice. Son says she sounds differently when she talks to his character.

-Roger Caras
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777047
12/27/11 08:01 PM
12/27/11 08:01 PM
Florida
AnneG Offline
Settled Boomer
AnneG  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
I believe it. I'd almost hate to be an argonian or khajiit in this game. They seem to really get the shaft, along with the dark elves.

Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777048
12/27/11 08:07 PM
12/27/11 08:07 PM
Lexington, Texas
Yankee Clipper Offline
Addicted Boomer
Yankee Clipper  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lexington, Texas
Hey L4L - haven't they taken a shine to your Khajiit yet, shame on them. That's all right she slays dragons. BTW I'm so thrilled because I'm on my way to Dawnstar to my 1st Dark B'hood assassination. In Oblivion after my Khajiit closed the 1st Ob Gate all Cyradill revered her.

When I replay this game I'll be either a Khajiit or Argonium. If it's some consolation, Bruno, my Nord, doesn't even look at Lydia.

Where's mcc she was playing this.

Skyrim truely is an outstading game. Most of the caves, ruins etc are ++++++

L4L it just occured maybe if you joined the companions they would like you because everyone greets them well. And you'll get to be a werewolf.

I wish I were a cat and belonged to me ~ My Aunt Helen Mary Rose
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777067
12/27/11 10:10 PM
12/27/11 10:10 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Yankee, I am at that point where I can join the Companions.....just haven't done it yet. I just had to laugh at son's surprise when he heard Lydia talking to my toon.

I won't get to play again til next week. Hubby is off all week. wave12

-Roger Caras
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: AnneG] #777090
12/28/11 03:10 AM
12/28/11 03:10 AM
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: AnneG
Originally Posted By: looney4labs

It's always the opposite way of what you want, isn't it? snicker

You could marry Aela from the Companions, oldman. Then she could go out and fight with you, I think.

I'm playing my new character now. A breton named Annick. I notice I get a lot of snide comments from nord characters about her heritage. Here she is wearing her fancy new outfit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/cira1/annick.jpg

Oh, and Tracy, those lines just get stuck in your head that you hear over and over in this game. I'll find myself at work, watching my coworkers standing around and I'll think to myself "no lollygagging" lol12

Actually I have plenty of helpers and the companions will go with you whether you marry them or not so I'm looking around for a wife that strikes my fancy. After seeing your breton, if she were in my game I might just put on my ring for her. rotfl12 happydance12 hearts

John
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: oldman] #777117
12/28/11 06:31 AM
12/28/11 06:31 AM
Oakland, Ca.
kazzmo Offline
Addicted Boomer
kazzmo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oakland, Ca.
I am in Whiterun, have killed dragon Jarl has told me I can buy house there and to see Avenicci. Guide says he is usually in Dragonsreach, but I can not find him. Any suggestions where he might be?

Brick walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage. Give no thought of tomorrow, today was tomorrow and tomorrow will be today.
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777160
12/28/11 09:46 AM
12/28/11 09:46 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Kazz what time is it? If it is night or early morning you probably just need to advance the time by sleeping or changing the time (T button).

-Roger Caras
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777199
12/28/11 12:25 PM
12/28/11 12:25 PM
Oakland, Ca.
kazzmo Offline
Addicted Boomer
kazzmo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oakland, Ca.
Yes, That did it, Thank you!

Brick walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage. Give no thought of tomorrow, today was tomorrow and tomorrow will be today.
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: oldman] #777219
12/28/11 01:29 PM
12/28/11 01:29 PM
Florida
AnneG Offline
Settled Boomer
AnneG  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
Originally Posted By: oldman

Actually I have plenty of helpers and the companions will go with you whether you marry them or not so I'm looking around for a wife that strikes my fancy. After seeing your breton, if she were in my game I might just put on my ring for her. rotfl12 happydance12 hearts

Yeah, she is pretty adorable, isn't she? lol12

Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777266
12/28/11 03:39 PM
12/28/11 03:39 PM
Delaware
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tracy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Delaware
Wow Anne G your Annick is very cute! Wish I looked like that in my RL. LOL And I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who hears those lines in her head during RL stuff. smile

PS I have a question for anyone/everyone....I've thought about becoming a vampire just to see what it's like and if I like it better or worse than being one in Oblivion, but despite hanging out in vampire locations and getting into fights with them, I never seem to catch the disease. Do you know if I need to do something special in order to get it?

Thanks!
Tracy

― George Eliot
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: Tracy] #777295
12/28/11 05:42 PM
12/28/11 05:42 PM
Florida
AnneG Offline
Settled Boomer
AnneG  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
Oh, me, too, Tracy. I don't think I've been that tiny since I hit puberty. I'd kill for that figure now.

I have no answer to your question regarding vampires. I've run into them very little in Skyrim and like you, I've never caught the disease either which is strange considering that every time I turn around in that game I'm catching rockjoint or whitbane. think

Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777307
12/28/11 06:54 PM
12/28/11 06:54 PM
Lexington, Texas
Yankee Clipper Offline
Addicted Boomer
Yankee Clipper  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lexington, Texas
Joined the Dark Brotherhood yesterday and made one of my 1st assassinations as a werewolf - what fun. Fluffy mopped up the river bank with him and noone in Iverstad knows who the murderer is HaHaHa. So now I have 4 quests going on.

Strange about the vampires - I was always getting infected. Is there something in your active effects causing immunity or being a werewolf prevents infections.

Is nybody else playing on the PS3

I wish I were a cat and belonged to me ~ My Aunt Helen Mary Rose
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: Tracy] #777321
12/28/11 08:37 PM
12/28/11 08:37 PM
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: Tracy

PS I have a question for anyone/everyone....I've thought about becoming a vampire just to see what it's like and if I like it better or worse than being one in Oblivion, but despite hanging out in vampire locations and getting into fights with them, I never seem to catch the disease. Do you know if I need to do something special in order to get it?

Thanks!
Tracy

Vampire information for all who are interested.

John
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777356
12/29/11 12:10 AM
12/29/11 12:10 AM
Delaware
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tracy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Delaware
Anne G--Me too! SIGH......

Oldman-Thanks for that link, I didn't realize that because I was already a werewolf that I couldn't become a vampire. No wonder it wouldn't work! lol I don't really like the werewolf thing anyway so I'm going to go see if I can cure myself like I helped cure Farkas and Vilkas.

Wish me luck! wink

Tracy, hoping for fangs and living in Broken Fang Cave in the meantime just for fun

― George Eliot
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: oldman] #777410
12/29/11 10:36 AM
12/29/11 10:36 AM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
Oldman, I haven't done the repentance quest yet. I still have Lydia. Other than getting in the way of my arrows, she is not all bad. I love her sarcastic comment that she is sworn to carry my burdens when I make her carry some of my loot. I always get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when she announces that she has a bad feeling about some of the dungeon rooms we enter. She's always right as there is always a particularly nasty person or group ambushing us. I appreciate the warning.

I came across a dog who is now following me everywhere. He gets in my way way even more than Lydia. However, he is virtually indestructible as he has been attacked by huge mobs of evil beings and he just never dies. I think he is a "quest object" so he can't die which makes him invaluable as an ally. I don't think I'll give him back to his owner as then he may become mortal again.

I used to have a horse named "Frost". I lost him somewhere and have no idea where he disappeared but he used to help me fight, too.

For every quest that I finish I seem to pick up five more. I think I will be playing into old age.

Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777430
12/29/11 11:27 AM
12/29/11 11:27 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Rowan, your horse normally shows up at the stables in whatever town you are in unless he was killed. I stopped riding mine though cos I like to herb along the way and whenever my horse died I'd reload and play the fight over. rotfl12

-Roger Caras
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777437
12/29/11 11:58 AM
12/29/11 11:58 AM
billy Offline
Settled Boomer
billy  Offline
Settled Boomer

Here's something interesting perhaps someone knows about (I did a search but could not find anything)

I was fighting some wrath-things outside the college - I noticed Lydia just standing there (not really fighting) but she had some black smoke coming out of her neck - I went away to kill a couple wraths hiding up the hill... when I came back Lydia was gone... but there was a chicken with black smoke where Lydia was... Did she get turned into a chicken?

Anyone know if that is part of the storyline? or a bug?

I reloaded several times... I even tried to keep her in my sights as I walked away to kill the other wraths... but its almost like the game waits for me to turn away before she disappears and the chicken appears.

Last edited by billy; 12/29/11 12:00 PM.

William R Fisher III
Last Half of Darkness: Beyond the Spirit's Eye
Re: All Things Skyrim.....Part 2 [Re: looney4labs] #777445
12/29/11 12:27 PM
12/29/11 12:27 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Wow, that is odd....can't say I've had that happen yet. rotfl12

Update: Are you using the Wabbajack?

Last edited by looney4labs; 12/29/11 12:31 PM.

-Roger Caras
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (oldbroad, Urban Worrier, 1 invisible), 187 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users