GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #809396
05/17/12 07:17 PM
05/17/12 07:17 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline
Settled Boomer

London, UK
I am a regular visitor to Gameboomers, but somehow I missed it. I don't know how. I usually arrive straight on the walkthrough or the page I wanted by doing a search in Google adding Gameboomers, or visit straight the latest games page. I must pay more attention in the future.

So, I just joined Pinkerton but I did not get any special email giving me special access yet. Will it arrive soon or do we have to wait until the Kickstart campaign is over? The "only 39 hours left" suddenly seem very long!

I just read the great interview with Jane Jensen on Gameboomers and read most of their website, but somehow I don't want to go to bed just yet...

Last edited by rmt; 05/17/12 07:25 PM.
Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809404
05/17/12 07:58 PM
05/17/12 07:58 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Rmt -- you should receive a "Thanks for becoming a baker" -- I mean, "Thanks for becoming a backer" email from Kickstarter soon -- you don't have to wait until the campaign has finished.

Last edited by Becky; 05/17/12 07:58 PM.
Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809427
05/17/12 10:14 PM
05/17/12 10:14 PM
Tel Aviv, Israel.
T
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer
Tomer  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Tel Aviv, Israel.
Grr, rmt, who knows how many more there are such as yourself!
Welcome in, glad you pledged... our goal is theoretically 450K (an orchestra for the game's music, 1000 extra dialog lines etc...) and practically 400K (fully cinematic intro and trailer, linux support etc...)

Anyway, welcome! smile

Edit: by joing pinkerton, you mean the forums or the kickstarter?

Last edited by Tomer; 05/17/12 10:23 PM.

There's definitely definitely definitely no logic to human behaviour.
Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809479
05/18/12 07:35 AM
05/18/12 07:35 AM
London, UK
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline
Settled Boomer

London, UK
I joined the $50 pledge group, I still have not received an email except confirmation of payment. They must be busy right now. In the meantime I will read the updates on kickstart, that should keep me occupied for some time. I have already watched two parts of the interview with the people involved in creating Gabriel Knight 2, fascinating. I have not joined the forum yet, I am awaiting their email first, just in case...

I used the PayPal button on the Pinkerton website, I hope it counts not just as donation?

Last edited by rmt; 05/18/12 07:42 AM.
Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809556
05/18/12 01:03 PM
05/18/12 01:03 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

RMT -- if you used PayPal on the Pinkerton website, then you haven't contributed to Kickstarter as far as I know -- you've given directly to Pinkerton. So that's why you haven't received a Kickstarter email.

Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #809563
05/18/12 02:28 PM
05/18/12 02:28 PM
G
gamern Offline
Shy Boomer
gamern  Offline
Shy Boomer
G

I bet casual gamers would be very interested- if aware of this fundraising attempt. Especially since new game will have "cartoony" graphics and casual/easy with hints game playing mode. Dying for Daylight and other Jane Jensen casual games have been popular.

Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809566
05/18/12 02:33 PM
05/18/12 02:33 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline
Settled Boomer

London, UK
It is on this page that I clicked to pay:

http://pinkertonroad.com/join-csg/

And it states to enter the amount of our desired reward tier. And I reached that page following a link from the kickstart website stating we can now pay using PayPal and to follow the link. That link is almost at the beginning:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005365109/jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-2012-2013-csg

So I would think my pledge counts or do you think I should contact them?

Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809569
05/18/12 02:44 PM
05/18/12 02:44 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Rmt -- I don't know all the ins-and-outs, and I'm sure your pledge counts in the sense that you have become a member of Pinkerton Road Community Supported Gaming, and you'll get the rewards at the tier you designated. But if you wanted to pledge via Kickstarter, rather than directly to Pinkerton Road, you may want to contact Pinkerton Road and see if the difference is meaningful in any way.

Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809584
05/18/12 03:36 PM
05/18/12 03:36 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline
Settled Boomer

London, UK
Thanks Becky, yes, it does not matter to me whether my pledge is reflected on Kickstarter or not, as long as I am actually registered in the tier and part of what they offer. Like you I do think I have joined. I did tried to see if my pledge had been taken into account on Kickstarter but the pledges went up by more than one in that few minutes, so I could not tell if mine was taken into account.

I did wonder at the time if it would not be preferable to make sure I paid from clicking on Kickstarter, but this organisation I think only takes the money if the goal is reached and only once the time has elapsed. I thought if I paid directly from the Pinkerton Road website at least they might have the money directly and instantly, and the goal was already reached anyway. If it had not, I would have paid via Kickstarter for sure.

I don’t know how this works either, but what a great way to ensure in the future that great quality adventure games are made, and we have seen less and less of them lately. I would not mind contributing the same way for Culpa Innata 2 and The Longest Journey 3 to be made. Who would have thought that Jane Jensen could raise almost instantly $400,000 (and perhaps $450,000 before this is over) to start up a company dedicated to creating the very type of adventure games we love? This changes everything.

Well, no one now can say that the adventure game genre is dying, look at how many pledged for something they might only get next year. What they really meant was that adventures just do not make the millions required now by top game publishers to be worth investing into, but it does appear there is quite a demand. Unless of course, as usual, Jane Jensen is an oddity, the exception rather than the rule.

It will be interesting to see if other adventure game creators try the same financing tactics, like Benoît Sokal and his defunct White Birds Productions company, and see how successful they could be at it. Someone should tell Benoît Sokal about this way of financing new adventures. I bet he could be successful too.

After DTP, all we need now is for Microïds to go bust… I hope they are not in any financial difficulties, because I would not mind pledging there too.

Basically for us it just means paying upfront to make sure these great games are made. Let’s face it, my £32 is probably less money than what it will cost me to buy these two adventures once they come out, and that way we are almost sure they will come out.

Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809586
05/18/12 03:40 PM
05/18/12 03:40 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
rmt, Microids did go bust and was bought by Anuman. Beloit is working on an adventure game for them but so far the details have been sketchy as to if it will be a Syberia 3 or another game.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #809603
05/18/12 04:09 PM
05/18/12 04:09 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline
Settled Boomer

London, UK
Dear me! BrownEyedTigre, I had no idea. I must keep up with the news. Recently I virtually bought every single adventure from Microïds on iTunes for my iPad, it never occurred to me they might have gone bust. They're all going bust, we should mobilise to save them by pointing out to them this new way of financing themselves. The recession is only getting worse, there will be nothing left of the adventure game industry by the time capitalism has re-invented itself and markets are striving again. Such good news that Benoît Sokal is preparing us another great adventure, and perhaps Syberia 3!, how can we make sure he finishes it before Anuman goes bust?

Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809606
05/18/12 04:25 PM
05/18/12 04:25 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I do not think that Anuman is going bust, they have many partnerships going to keep them fluid. THey are also into making lots of mobile games and staying current with market trends.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #809614
05/18/12 04:48 PM
05/18/12 04:48 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline
Settled Boomer

London, UK
So I have Anuman to thank for all my favourite adventures now being transferred to the iPad. I never thought I would be playing Versailles, Egypt and Amerzone again wherever I want on my retina screen. I just hope they will transfer Sinking Island soon, I just love that game, but that was White Birds Productions. However Benoît Sokal is now with them… there is hope. Thank you BrownEyedTigre for the news.

And more urgent is to transfer Atlantis 1 and 2 to the iPad, I am unable to get them to work on Windows 8.

Last edited by rmt; 05/18/12 04:51 PM.
Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809622
05/18/12 05:14 PM
05/18/12 05:14 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Yes, those games were indeed transferred by Anuman. I am glad you are enjoying them. yay

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #809631
05/18/12 06:07 PM
05/18/12 06:07 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline
Settled Boomer

London, UK
Ana, I just feel like dancing with your dancing banana, it made my day.

Such a nightmare of a day, I'm not sure which adventure game could help make me forget it. I'm almost at the point of considering moving to the dark side, as long as I can find all the hacks and cheats to turn them into normal adventures where no stress is required, only evasion from reality without having to wreak havoc my overworking brain.

Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809688
05/19/12 12:42 AM
05/19/12 12:42 AM
San Francisco
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer
fov  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco
The PayPal donations (through the Pinkerton Road website) are separate from Kickstarter. You probably should have received an email confirmation from PayPal that the money was deducted from your account (if not, check your PayPal history to see if it was taken out).

Jane is keeping the PayPal donations (with access to the same rewards as Kickstarter) open through May 25, and I'm pretty sure you can put in another $50 to reach the $100 tier if you want it. You should send her a message (there's a link on the Kickstarter page to contact her). If you have trouble getting an answer, feel free to send me a PM and I will help you get in touch with her. (I have been helping out with PR for the campaign.)

Re: Jane Jensen Talks about Moebius, Gray Matter, and More [Re: Becky] #809697
05/19/12 02:17 AM
05/19/12 02:17 AM
Tel Aviv, Israel.
T
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer
Tomer  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Tel Aviv, Israel.
I'm sure you could, rmt. And it'll really help us reach our (new) goal, which is currently the orchestra, in 6 hours. :-)

There's definitely definitely definitely no logic to human behaviour.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 273 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users