GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Resonance & "echoes" of audio #817979
06/25/12 10:18 PM
06/25/12 10:18 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Has anyone else experienced "echoes" of the dialogue in this game? I played the Demo on my desktop computer (XP OpSys) and the only reason the game took me longer to play thru was the audio played like a phonorecord stuck in a scratch or something - so when I purchased and downloaded/launched the game I used my laptop instead (newer, has Vista on it, should run a bit faster) and am having the same problem but not taking as long for speech/dialogue to get unstuck and proceed to end of dialogue part, click then to move or interact with something and wait a bit but not too long for next thing to do or say, moves a bit slow. Is there anything I can "adjust" or do to help with this problem, am not going to go out to buy a newer computer right now, too many other "holes in the dam" to plug with $$$ first. Thanks for any suggestions
Love, Betty Lou

I am 'the HAT lady"! and "who loves ya BABY?!"
Re: Resonance & "echoes" of audio [Re: Betty Lou] #817989
06/26/12 02:24 AM
06/26/12 02:24 AM
San Francisco
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer
fov  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco
If you go into the Resonance folder in the Start menu, there is an option for Game Settings. This gives you a few different things to adjust including sound options. I'm not sure what to try, but I'd start there with the Digital Sound menu - try each of the different options and see if it makes a difference. (Make sure to click Save at the bottom of the window before relaunching the game!)

Last edited by fov; 06/26/12 02:24 AM.
Re: Resonance & "echoes" of audio [Re: fov] #818075
06/26/12 11:25 AM
06/26/12 11:25 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
The funny thing is that at the beginning of the game on my laptop the speech would get "stuck" a lot, and now that I am into the game further (using that compt terminal after Walters leaves) it is the music background that is "resonating" (echoing sorta) and the speech is fine. Maybe I can try turning the music portion way down so I don't hear it so well, if that is a possible option. Will get back to you later on this "issue" and thanks for the help. Would love to know if anyone else has/had this problem with this game. Have had it with other games in the past, don't remember which one/s now. Or if it is part of the game because of the name/theme Resonance = a form of the word resonate which means "state or quality of being resonant".
Love, Betty Lou
How odd! 1. my desktop computer = Start (menu), Resoance, Options, Game Settings - I used "disable Music" setting and save, opened demo of game and played a bit from the beginning again and while there IS music in the background (go figure?) the "stuttering" appears to be gone so far as I played up to the first subway ride. 2. My Laptop = cannot get same "file" on it (maybe because of Vista, can't see how they figure that OpSys helps with anything at all) but can get to Resonane, option,game settings and when I try to also disable music or change any of the settings I get an error message that it cannot change/save my changes, do not know why. Am now intending to download entire game on my desktop and with disabled music (?) see if game runs better. Computers! Sheesh! Will come back and let you know if it works in a few hours, takes 1 hour + to download (without GOG downloader too).
Love, Betty Lou

Last edited by Betty Lou; 06/26/12 12:31 PM.

Re: Resonance & "echoes" of audio [Re: Betty Lou] #818189
06/26/12 08:33 PM
06/26/12 08:33 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
If you've got XP, you can try reducing audio acceleration (check the Sound tab in dxdiag).
Originally Posted By: Betty Lou
I used "disable Music" setting and save, opened demo of game and played a bit from the beginning again and while there IS music in the background (go figure?) the "stuttering" appears to be gone so far as I played up to the first subway ride.

That almost sounds like the game was trying to play two instances of the music at once and you disabled one of them. If you have a sound card with its own settings (for example a Soundblaster card comes with software that allows you to tweak sound card settings), make sure you've turned off 3D effects.

Re: Resonance & "echoes" of audio [Re: Jenny100] #818465
06/28/12 01:43 AM
06/28/12 01:43 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Interesting! On my laptop I can't disable music because of some error 0000000005 or something like that so gave up. Am playing it on my desktop and it is running just fine with "disbable music" option - can't remember what sound card I have in it. Sure is more fun not to have to wait for "echoes" and getting stuck (phonorecord again). Working better now and is a nice game. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
Love, Betty Lou

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, manxman), 213 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users