GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #828817
08/14/12 11:24 AM
08/14/12 11:24 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I do not believe there will be one. Where are you stuck?

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #828882
08/14/12 08:55 PM
08/14/12 08:55 PM
Rockland, Ontario, Canada
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

On this one I agree with a lot of the reviewers from Big Fish, this is a great game and I would even call it an “Adv. lite game” and I noticed from a lot of the reviewers that the HOs scenes would not close after finishing it and they were right but I also noticed that once you finish a certain HO scene that there was still an article that you had to get on your own which may explain the HO scene not closing automatically, still no excuse and maybe the developer should patch this small glitch.
I tested this game for 54 minutes and it is a Buy for me, my criteria’s for buying a Casual game (since I am an Adv. game person 1st) is the HO scenes themselves:
A) Are they too hard to spot?
B) Does the Hint button refresh quick enough and the most Important along with A and B above… Drum Roll……
C)If one gets punished for 4 clicks or less, then this game = Goodbye, Sayonara, Salut, Get out of my Face, Delete, Garbage, Hit the Road Jack don’t come back no more, etc.. Regardless of positive reviews by other reviewers…
Well this game has it’s share of HOs and a few items within each HOs for me are hard to spot, But No Penalty for Over-Clicking and the Hint button refreshes fairly quick so I can forgive the number of HOs + the game story for me is very interesting and the graphics very clear and based on the Demo, the story seems to be interesting and the cut scenes are fun to watch.

Note: For some of you who have small download speed you will have to be patient, I am at the cottage with download speed averaging 1.2Mbps and it took me about 90 minutes to download, it is a Huge file for a demo , the demo file = 800MB.

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #828884
08/14/12 09:02 PM
08/14/12 09:02 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
THanks Starcom! Good info. wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #828886
08/14/12 09:10 PM
08/14/12 09:10 PM
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thank you Ana,
I just hope I wasn't too long and drawn out in my explanation of this game.
Take care

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #828887
08/14/12 09:16 PM
08/14/12 09:16 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Not a bit Starcom. I am always happy to see why or why not someone likes a game. It helps decide if it's worth a look.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #828888
08/14/12 09:18 PM
08/14/12 09:18 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Ditto what Ana said. Very informative post, Starcom. wave

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Starcom] #828898
08/14/12 10:00 PM
08/14/12 10:00 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Starcom
C)If one gets punished for 4 clicks or less, then this game = Goodbye, Sayonara, Salut, Get out of my Face, Delete, Garbage, Hit the Road Jack don’t come back no more, etc..

LOLZ Starcom smile

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #828944
08/15/12 04:03 AM
08/15/12 04:03 AM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
This game confused me. It starts out talking about a seventeen year old girl and a thirteen year old boy losing their father. Then the lead character starts talking about her brother's new family. Huh? Apparently some years have passed, although that's never made very clear. And she must mean that he's old enough to be married now. She can't make up her mind how to refer to the others. Most of the time she calls them "his family" as if she's not connected, but near the end she says "my family" but then at the very end its back to "his family".

Oh the villain looked too young to me.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #829512
08/18/12 11:15 AM
08/18/12 11:15 AM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
I'm finding this game to be very challenging. Using the Hint feature quite often. As far as the HO scenes are concerned, I think it was the developers' purpose to make it part of the challenge to have to revisit HO scenes to find inventory items. But I've found that these items are hard to spot unless you already have a clue as to what your looking for. All in all, I'm glad I used a punch card for this one. Not because it's too short of poorly done in general. But because the gameplay is a bit haphazard.

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Sparkle] #829864
08/20/12 07:43 PM
08/20/12 07:43 PM
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well I bought the game a couple of days ago and finished it today and I agree with Sparkle’s review of the game but nonetheless this game is repayable for me only because it is….. well, different and amusing in it’s quirky ways and for those of you who bought the game and have not played it yet, let me know what you think of the Cut-Scenes, especially the Live actor cut scenes and on a scale of 1 to 5, 1= I can act better than that and 5 = WOW Oscar Nomination performance cool

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 562 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users