Twain Harte, CA – October 22, 2012 – Reverb Publishing and Phoenix Online Studios have revealed that the first episode of their upcoming adventure game, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, will be releasing on October 30 on PC and Mac. Players will be able to purchase the game on digital platforms Gamersgate, Rain Digital Games,
worldwide except Europe) and GameStop,
, worldwide except Europe), and you can vote for it Steam Greenlight here
to see it up on Valve’s Steam platform.
The first of four eventual episodes, entitled “The Hangman”, will be available for download at a $9.99 price point, as well as in a Season Pass that features all episodes and an exclusive digital comic for $29.99.
Additionally, those who pre-order the Season Pass prior to the game’s release will receive the entire package at a five dollar discount and get the original soundtrack of the first Episode in the package.
From Phoenix Online Studios, the acclaimed developer behind The Silver Lining, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller is an engrossing narrative with a truly evocative atmosphere. This chilling point-and-click adventure is a thought-provoking mystery following Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI agent, haunted by the unsolved case of a serial killer who took her brother’s life. With the use of her post-cognition abilities – seeing an object’s past with a touch – players are challenged to unravel a complex tableau of characters, plots and puzzles, over the course of four episodes.
Key features include:
• Engrossing, Episodic Narrative – As an engaging and narrative-driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over multiple episodes of thrilling mystery.
• Fully-realized Characters – A very talented cast of voice actors helps round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
• Choices Matter – Branching puzzles have several different ways to be completed and solved, offering unique paths for the player to take as they solve the mystery.
• Mind-bending Challenges – This game is easy to pick up and play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
• Stunning Art – The breath-taking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
• All-Star Dev Team – Developed by a true indie “dream team”, the line-up includes comic artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, Witchblade, Tomb Raider, X-Men) as Art Director and renowned adventure game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter, and the upcoming Moebius) lending her expertise as Story Consultant.
To a view a trailer, stills and concept art, visit the Cognition site Here.
. Review and vote for Cognition on Steam Greenlight here.