GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Schizm I DVD Install? #870440
02/25/13 10:07 AM
02/25/13 10:07 AM
Roswell, GA,USA
Murphy Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Murphy  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Roswell, GA,USA
I've been trying without success to install this old favorite on a 32-bit Vista system. I'd never played the DVD version, but had read it had no problems on a 64-bit Win 7 system. I've tried all my usual tricks: shutting down AVS while installing, or using an older compatibility setting. Something prevents the install from taking place, the install box never shows progress, and I'll have to use Task Manager to get out of it. Far as I know, drivers are current. A little web-crawling showed another with similar issues but no solution. Any ideas out there? Man I hate Vista...

Re: Schizm I DVD Install? [Re: Murphy] #870457
02/25/13 11:03 AM
02/25/13 11:03 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Going by the comments on this site
www.gog.com/forum/general/schizm_dvd_on_windows_7
whether it works properly or not on Windows 7 depends on your video card drivers.

But the fact that yours doesn't install at all (or installs really slowly) makes me think of a few possibilities:

1. The install box is inaccurate in Windows 7 and does not display progress even though it's taking place. It's a long install. Check your hard drive light for activity instead of going by the progress bar.

2. Your disc is damaged/marginal and hard to read. Try copying the contents of both sides of the DVD to a folder on your hard drive to make sure the disc is readable.

3. Change the Setup file on the DVD to run in compatibility mode for Win 98 or 2000 or XP before starting the installation.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 245 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users