GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Looking for a good game. #903833
07/26/13 10:40 AM
07/26/13 10:40 AM
Cassadaga, FL
C
cassadaga Offline OP
Shy Boomer
cassadaga  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
C

Cassadaga, FL
I love playing games on my nook hd but it's hard to plow through all the lists to find a good one. I'm not crazy about HOs which makes finding a good one all the harder. Games like 'Lost City' and 'Tesla's Electric Mist' were good puzzlers and I also enjoyed 'Twisted Lands:Insomniac' despite the HOs.
Anybody know of any other good ones, and even more important, has anyone got a good method for finding these mini adventure games?

Re: Looking for a good game. [Re: cassadaga] #903836
07/26/13 10:49 AM
07/26/13 10:49 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
If you liked Twisted Lands: Insomniac, then you might like the first game in this series, which was Twisted Lands: Shadow Town. Insomniac was actually a continuation of the storyline that began in Shadow Town - this is assuming that Shadow Town is available for the nook HD.

I can't recommend a good method of finding a mini-adventure game other than to read player comments for the PC version on Big Fish (assuming there was one) in order to get a good idea of what the game is like.

Hopefully others will have more ideas and suggestions. wave

Re: Looking for a good game. [Re: cassadaga] #903852
07/26/13 11:41 AM
07/26/13 11:41 AM
Cassadaga, FL
C
cassadaga Offline OP
Shy Boomer
cassadaga  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
C

Cassadaga, FL
Thanks Marian. Shadow Town isn't available for Nook HD. I also checked Microids and they have games but they are very well done HOs with very few puzzles.
I play most of my games on a desktop. It's too bad I can't continue them on the Nook when I leave the house.

Re: Looking for a good game. [Re: cassadaga] #904848
07/31/13 09:22 AM
07/31/13 09:22 AM
Cassadaga, FL
C
cassadaga Offline OP
Shy Boomer
cassadaga  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
C

Cassadaga, FL
I did find Twisted Land: Shadow Town. I missed it first time around? It's a great game for a 7" screen. It's funny that games I play on the nook, I wouldn't play on a PC. Also, old reliable sites like Big Fish for casual games haven't changed their format to be playable on a 7" screen. Big Fish has some good titles for android but I haven't found one yet that doesn't call for a magnifying glass. It doesn't look like too many people are interested in android games but if you are, be sure and read the revues before you purchase.

Re: Looking for a good game. [Re: cassadaga] #904849
07/31/13 09:30 AM
07/31/13 09:30 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Glad you found the game. It didn't seem right that the second game would be available and not the first one as well. thumbsup wave

Re: Looking for a good game. [Re: cassadaga] #904877
07/31/13 10:43 AM
07/31/13 10:43 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
What you want is the Instant Games offering of BigFish which allows you to play the games on multiple platforms.

You can check it out here.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Looking for a good game. [Re: cassadaga] #904953
07/31/13 04:00 PM
07/31/13 04:00 PM
Midwest
gatsbygirl Offline
Addicted Boomer
gatsbygirl  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Midwest
Cassadaga,

I play tons of adventure games on my Android tablet and I know other people who play adventure games on their android devices,too. Be sure and check out the Google Play store because it offers more adventure choices than the Nook store does. I also downloaded the Amazon App and they have lots of adventure games. Some of them are only compatible on the Kindle but they still have some good choices. Have you checked out the Broken Sword games? They are great on tablets. The games by G5 are good too. Check out The Haunt, Letters from Nowhere or Special Enquiry Detail.

I am doing the Big Fish Streaming games and there are lots of choices with more being added daily.I don't have great vision but have found that most of the games on BFG have the zoom feature so most things aren't that difficult to find. I still play on my PC but find that with my work schedule, playing on a tablet works well for me. With BFG streaming games, you have to have a Wifi connection or you can't play or resume a game.

Like you, I don't want a whole game of hidden objects but I don't mind some HO scenes. It seems that most of the games available for tablets seem to have this HO component in them.

Keep looking and I know you will find some games that you will like!

Re: Looking for a good game. [Re: cassadaga] #905442
08/02/13 11:18 PM
08/02/13 11:18 PM
Cassadaga, FL
C
cassadaga Offline OP
Shy Boomer
cassadaga  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
C

Cassadaga, FL
Thank you all. That's a lot of great information. I like the Instant Game concept from Big Fish and will probably join later. Right now I'm a regular member and have most of the games they offer. Later, maybe next year, I'm thinking of dropping one membership for the other. So far the games from Big Fish, that I tried, didn't zoom in on the HO lists, just on the junk pile and I couldn't read the list without a magnifying glass.
I use games from Nook and Google Play but have not tried Amazon. I'm especially excited to try the Broken Sword games. Broken Sword on a 7" screen. How great is that!? Thank you. It's adventure games that I'm looking for.
I've played a couple of good games from G5. Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings is a good one. But G5 also has a lot of expensive turkeys. lol
Thanks again for these excellent ideas.

Re: Looking for a good game. [Re: cassadaga] #905446
08/02/13 11:41 PM
08/02/13 11:41 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Glad it helped!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Pandora), 201 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users