GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Longest Journey? #952749
04/28/14 12:43 AM
04/28/14 12:43 AM
Arizona, U.S.A.
maggie57 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
maggie57  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Arizona, U.S.A.

Does anyone have the 4 disc game The Longest Journey, I have the two disc and it will not play on windows 7 and I have tried everything, except standing on my head and that will not work. Let me know please here of by PM.

Thanks

Maggie smile think wave

Re: The Longest Journey? [Re: maggie57] #952913
04/28/14 08:48 PM
04/28/14 08:48 PM
NJ USA
presto Offline
Settled Boomer
presto  Offline
Settled Boomer

NJ USA
I do.

I tried to send you a PM but you're over your limit.

"Halfway through life's journey I came to myself in a dark wood, where the straight way was lost."--Dante's Divine Comedy
Re: The Longest Journey? [Re: maggie57] #952951
04/29/14 02:46 AM
04/29/14 02:46 AM
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldmariner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Maggie57

If all else fails Gog has a DRM free download that runs without any trouble on Win 7. It sells for $9.99 and very often it's offered at half price or less. I have the DVD as well as the Gog download. The DVD played fine on Win XP but I have not tried it on Win7. I can't say if that will work any better than the two or four disc versions. Over the years I owned each version to discover the DRM is a different rendition of malware. I do not recall now for certain but I believe the four disc published in the US had that awful Starforce while the European version did not. If that is true Win7 will block install as that version of Starforce was identified as malware. It may be a better option to simply buy the Gog as that is malware free and will run on Win 7. There is a thread on the Glitches, Bugs and Patches Forum below this one that talks about what games will run on Win7. Perhaps someone there can tell you how to get your two disc version to run.

*Edit* Here is a link for you.

Gameboomers

That thread reports, "The Longest Journey InlandAZ has the 4-cd version and it plays fine"

I did not see mention of the two disc version. It is likely someone there can help if you ask

Last edited by oldmariner; 04/29/14 02:53 AM.
Re: The Longest Journey? [Re: oldmariner] #953142
04/29/14 11:42 PM
04/29/14 11:42 PM
Arizona, U.S.A.
maggie57 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
maggie57  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Arizona, U.S.A.

I do have the two disce version which is no good on mine, I had actually bought the game from Gog also and downloaded it again and while it started it froze shortly after starting, but it was great to see again. I sent Gog and email and they said it does not work on 7, I looked then and it will work on 8 but not 7, funny, you would of thought they would of fixed that too. So there is someone here that has the 4 disc version and I am going to buy it.

Maggie smile smile

Re: The Longest Journey? [Re: maggie57] #953257
04/30/14 12:56 PM
04/30/14 12:56 PM
NJ USA
presto Offline
Settled Boomer
presto  Offline
Settled Boomer

NJ USA
Maggie,

Got your PM and have sent a reply.

Speak with you soon.

Best,
Leigh-Anne

"Halfway through life's journey I came to myself in a dark wood, where the straight way was lost."--Dante's Divine Comedy
Re: The Longest Journey? [Re: maggie57] #953324
04/30/14 10:01 PM
04/30/14 10:01 PM
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldmariner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: maggie57

I do have the two disce version which is no good on mine, I had actually bought the game from Gog also and downloaded it again and while it started it froze shortly after starting, but it was great to see again. I sent Gog and email and they said it does not work on 7, I looked then and it will work on 8 but not 7, funny, you would of thought they would of fixed that too. So there is someone here that has the 4 disc version and I am going to buy it.

Maggie smile smile

They did not tell my system it wouldn't work. I'm running the GOG version right now on 64 bit Win7. The Glitches forum specifically list it as working on Win 7. I suggest you request help on the Glitches forum somebody there will be able to help you. Years ago I downloaded and installed it. The game ran without any tweaking on my part. Whoever told you that at Gog is flat out wrong.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (robedits, BrownEyedTigre), 506 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users