I almost bought it at 20% off on Steam, but I figured it best to wait until it's closer to release date.
I'm sure they'd do refunds if something happened, but considering it's already been delayed considerably, you never know.
If it was to release within a month I'd be all over buying it though. I can't say I've ever really been a fan of pre-ordering anything so far in advance. I think they should really just wait till a few months away for that.