GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Shivers II #98534
07/08/03 01:30 AM
07/08/03 01:30 AM
Waimea Big Island of Hawaii
hawkavonpuka Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I have been playing this game for a couple of days and have not been able to: get the object in the recipe box in Burt's trailer, get the object in the cash register or the token in Phil's Market (for all of these I get a weird sound). I though in this game that I could p/u things as I came across them, so far I have. Do I have to do other things first, if so, what. I am starting to lose track of what I am doing here, going back and forth. I have placed two Bahos sticks, the first one in the office and the one from Pearl's house. Any help would be appreciated.

What kind of magic spell to use?
Re: Shivers II #98535
07/08/03 02:28 AM
07/08/03 02:28 AM
OXON, UK.
Rick36 Offline
Settled Boomer
Rick36  Offline
Settled Boomer

OXON, UK.
This doesn't sound right to me. Although I played the game many years ago, I do not recall being unable to pick-up objects when you find them.

It could well be that there is a specific sequence of activities you need to perform before being able to pick the items up, but this really does not seem right. You might have to perform specific tasks in order to gain access to, for instance, a cash register or draw, but once you have access you should be able to pick up anything therein.

This might be a bug in your version of the game that requires a patch (the game did suffer from a few gliches when it was first released). Try and find a patch site for the game and see if the problem is mentioned.

To give you some additional help to perhaps turn your attention to something else while you try and sort out the problem, if you are not already aware of it, many clues to puzzles are contained within the songs and videos of the band. I did not realise this until after many days of wandering back and forth wondering how and what to do next.

Sorry I cannot be of more help, bottom line is that your problem appears to be a glitch more than anything, as I cannot recall anything like this happening to me.

Re: Shivers II #98536
07/08/03 09:56 AM
07/08/03 09:56 AM
Oslo, Norway
Carolin Offline
Settled Boomer
Carolin  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oslo, Norway
You might carry to many tings in your inventory. When it is full, a strange sound is heard. I replayed the game three times before discovered it. Try to get rid of something, and try then to pick up something new. I thing you can carry 10 or 12 things.

Caroline.

I haven't lost it, I just can't find it....
Re: Shivers II #98537
07/08/03 10:14 AM
07/08/03 10:14 AM
Texas
Tom Sr Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tom Sr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
Yep, that's the problem -- you can only carry 12 items. After that it starts making that weird noise. Combine things that can be combined and place things where they need to go. The chessmen can be placed with the chessboard even though you may not yet know what squares they go on. You can even stash the coins in the coin returns of the vending machines if you have to.

I don't know of any patch for this game.

Tom
Re: Shivers II #98538
07/09/03 12:38 PM
07/09/03 12:38 PM
Buffalo, NY USA
Brian Offline
Settled Boomer
Brian  Offline
Settled Boomer

Buffalo, NY USA
JohnBoy and anyone else,

If you get really stuck on a puzzle in Shivers II, you can use the auto solve puzzle option in the options menu. I used it on the slider locks to open some of the doors as well as the spider puzzle in this game. It's just a matter of clicking on the little gold lock in the optons menu and the puzzle will be solved for you.

hope this helps,
Brian
Re: Shivers II #98539
07/09/03 05:23 PM
07/09/03 05:23 PM
Texas
Tom Sr Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tom Sr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
That decoder (from the drink machine) is used to decode one line or so from the message on the S&L computer. There are 24 letters to decode but the decoder will only handle 8 so you'll have to do it in 3 groups. Put the coded letters in the line next to the arrowhead and read the decoded version in the other row.

Good luck!!

------------------------------

There is another template device sometimes called a decoder. Let me know if that's the one you meant.

Tom
Re: Shivers II #98540
07/09/03 08:03 PM
07/09/03 08:03 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Got ya on the decoder, have been too busy today to get back into the game. The other one is that square thing in the recipe box in the trailer. Where will that be used? So far I have been in the office, rooms 5 & 6, the cafe, Pearl's house, garage, trailer, bank and the market, two trips to the canyon. I am assuming that there is a Bahos in the trailer where the bees are, don't want to open that up again yet and I know there is one under that pottery looking thing in the bank.

Re: Shivers II #98541
07/09/03 09:56 PM
07/09/03 09:56 PM
Texas
Tom Sr Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tom Sr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
The square one with all the holes will be used when you open the bank vault.

A little smoke will take care of the bees.

Tom
Re: Shivers II #98542
07/09/03 10:19 PM
07/09/03 10:19 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thank you, so now I have to find something to light. I think I better go do something everywhere so I can take advantage of the map and jump about.

Re: Shivers II #98543
07/10/03 09:54 AM
07/10/03 09:54 AM
Texas
Tom Sr Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tom Sr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
Oh, that reminds me; there's one small glitch in this game that I need to warn you about. Let's see . . . how can I word this without giving too much away . . . You only have 2 matches and there are 2 things that need to be lit. Be sure to light the other object before lighting the one to chase the bees. Lighting the latter uses up all your remaining matches.

Tom
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 416 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users