GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Help in URU please!!! #98919
03/13/04 06:46 PM
03/13/04 06:46 PM
London
sweetpea Loamsdown Offline OP
Settled Boomer
sweetpea Loamsdown  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

London
Just wondering if anyone can help me in URU...Im not looking at the walkthrough because Im totally surprised how much I like this adventure..Im not too far in as I am still `feeling` the game but I am stuck....Im in relto...done sun aligining through telescope, machines running...Im at the bucket...can get in but no movement...tried getting out and pulling lever but no go...anyone can help would be appreciated...am I missing something??

thanks to all

sweetpea

`Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!`
Re: Help in URU please!!! #98920
03/13/04 06:55 PM
03/13/04 06:55 PM
Sandown, NH USA
which2 Offline
Settled Boomer
which2  Offline
Settled Boomer

Sandown, NH USA
Hi, sweetpea. You are in Teledahn, the 'Mushroom' Age. Relto is what your personal Age is named (the one where your bookshelf is). When you got the power running, did you send that power towards the buckets? wink

Re: Help in URU please!!! #98921
03/13/04 07:09 PM
03/13/04 07:09 PM
Aussiemystic Offline
Settled Boomer
Aussiemystic  Offline
Settled Boomer

Before getting in the bucket, check that you are able to start and stop them.

If not, refer to which2's hint.

If you can, it's all in a matter of sequence and timing.

Re: Help in URU please!!! #98922
03/13/04 07:31 PM
03/13/04 07:31 PM
London
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer

London
thanks which and aussiemystic...well it seems I have rushed through as usual!!....I have neither send the power to the buckets or check that I can start or stop them!!...:-) wheres me smillies its been so long since I have been here...lol...I was retiring to sleep land but as you have been so kind I can hear Teledahn calling (thanks which for the info!!) looks like Im off adventuring again!!

thanks loads,
sweetpea

Re: Help in URU please!!! #98923
03/13/04 07:32 PM
03/13/04 07:32 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Maybe you need to check out those three levers that are around the place where you caught the sun, Sweetpea... wave

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Help in URU please!!! #98925
03/13/04 07:51 PM
03/13/04 07:51 PM
London
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer

London
whhhhhhhhhhooooo got my lift..:-) the bucket shuttle has landed....

Im a happy boomer of to get that beauty sleep...

sweetpea

(till next time..;-)

Re: Help in URU please!!! #98929
03/14/04 06:08 PM
03/14/04 06:08 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Sweetpea says: "Hi all! (especially to my URU helpers yesterday!) well after getting the shuttle bucket problem yesterday I have been to some wierd and wonderful places..lol...but got myself back to the red book and have kept on course (I think!!!)....Ok if anyone can tell me if I am on the right road and if I have stuck to the game plan please do...:-)

After the bucket, done elevator, done fish tank (have I skipped loads?!!) read all on table and a really long interesting book..:-) looked through scope pressed wall thingy and transported me to a big block of wood!!!! eeeeerrrrrmmmmm is there a jump here? or have I done something I shouldn`t....Im sure all will be revealed if hopefully someone can figure out where or what I have done!!!

As I said yesterday, which still stands, I am really enjoying it, but I am a bit lost now and again in to where I should be heading...I have a load of books now in the save point section but am sticking to the red one!!!!

If anyone can help (and yes, first adventure I am resisting to peek at the walkthrough) mind you if if wasn`t for you I would be..;-) but just dont want to spoil it even though I feel a little lost most of the time...lol..

thanks guys...
sweetpea...aka jilly"

Jilly, I'm adding this to the end of your last thread--please keep all your posts about the same game in one thread. That way we can keep track of what you've done, and also every new thread you start pushes someone else's off the board.

As for your question--when you were looking at the fish tank, did you find the way to access another area? Clue: if not, look at the material on the table about the tank for a clue.

Also, when you were in the room where the buckets dumped you, did you manipulate the controls on the panel so as to drain the water out from under the cabin you started in? If so, you can go down in the elevator and go down there...

Re: Help in URU please!!! #98930
03/14/04 07:06 PM
03/14/04 07:06 PM
London
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer

London
oooooooohhh sorry Jenny...just didnt think peeps would look again at the same thread!...thank you for the hints..;-) I did drain the water..mmmmmmmm I think..lol..Im just stuck on this big bit of wood!!!! ooooooooooooherrrrrrrr!!
thank you anyways!!

jilly confused but Im like that normally...;-)

Re: Help in URU please!!! #98931
03/14/04 09:42 PM
03/14/04 09:42 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Jilly, when you post a new reply on a thread, it kicks it up to the top of the forum again, so people will spot it. Also, the moderators get a notification every time someone posts, so you definitely won't be overlooked.

After you drained the water, did you unlock the grate in the floor of the cabin and open it up? And if you are where I think you are, there isn't anything you can do there--you have to use your Relto book to get out of that place...

Re: Help in URU please!!! #98932
03/14/04 10:36 PM
03/14/04 10:36 PM
Sandown, NH USA
which2 Offline
Settled Boomer
which2  Offline
Settled Boomer

Sandown, NH USA
Unfortunately, you have reached a 'dead-end'. There are a few of them throughout the game. Speculation was that they would be utilized sometime in the future in Live. Now that we are not getting Live, but xpacks instead, the hope is that we will still find a use for these 'dead-ends' at some point. In the meantime, all we can do is link to Relto to get out of there. duh

Re: Help in URU please!!! #98935
03/15/04 01:44 PM
03/15/04 01:44 PM
London
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer

London
Thanks jenny and which whhhhhhhoooo I have now completed the age!! I had an awful time as I forgot to press a hand along the way and could not get back past the prison cell as I had messed about on the other side with the flap things..:-( but hubby done some wizardy on the comp with the save folders and I managed to do the level.....

No doubt I will be back!!

thanks again for your help

sweetpea jilly

Re: Help in URU please!!! #98936
03/15/04 03:27 PM
03/15/04 03:27 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Glad you made it through to the end of the Age, Jilly. Just for the record, you could have reopened those grates in the prison section by changing which plates you kicked rocks onto, according to which switches you had thrown on the panel in the next room...

Re: Help in URU please!!! #98937
03/15/04 07:27 PM
03/15/04 07:27 PM
London
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer

London
jenny jenny jenny!!! omgosh we are going to be so BIG pals by the end of this (if I ever reach the end..lol).....ok Im stuck on the rotating room thing...Im walking against it and it is just not letting me in anywhere!!! thinking Im in and throwing me out!!!aaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhh...this is a most compelling adventure..I am consumed....totally...help me out of this merry-go round quick!!!.....still not looked at walkthrough..........

any help jenny?

jilly

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (manxman, 2 invisible), 303 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users