GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989707
11/22/14 04:08 PM
11/22/14 04:08 PM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I have figured out the quest/map items pretty much to my satisfaction and am zipping along pretty well on the game.

I'm not wild about having to open up areas before you can explore and don't really understand it but am living with it.

I have had crashes to desktop and a few times the game just froze while I was looking at the quest journal. There has also been some lags when I was in a conversation mode trying to choose the choice in the conversation tree. It's been mostly on the mouse though and when I used the keyboard to make my choice it worked fine. These are few and not game stoppers though. All in all I'm enjoying the game and hope the next patch will address those items as Karston quoted.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989714
11/22/14 04:58 PM
11/22/14 04:58 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Thanks for the update, Karsten. It sounds like most of the problems seem to be coming from players who want to push the game. I'm not one of those. I don't overclock, etc. I like nice graphics, but make sure performance doesn't suffer too much to get it.

Agree about the PC controls. I hope the patch really helps with that issue.

I'm finishing up my choices in the Dragon Age Keep--ready to import them into DA Inquisition. But I ended up getting sick a couple of days ago. I'm better now, but I'm lagging behind in most of my activities. sick

Glad to hear people are enjoying the game overall, though. yes

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989716
11/22/14 06:22 PM
11/22/14 06:22 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Glad to hear you are feeling better, Lanlynk wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989724
11/22/14 08:33 PM
11/22/14 08:33 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Thanks, looney4labs. I got a nice surprise in the mail today: my Prima Guide arrived! I've been browsing through, looking at the companions and so forth. The physical guide also comes with a code for the online version. Very nice. The online guide is kept up to date, easily searchable, etc. So I've been checking things out there too.

I think I'll probably play a male human mage this go 'round, maybe Knight Enchanter specialization. Josephine looks like a great romantic interest. wink

Anyone playing a qunari? That might be an interesting, different option!

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989731
11/22/14 08:50 PM
11/22/14 08:50 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
An online, searchable guide sounds like a great bonus. Have fun! wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989734
11/22/14 09:49 PM
11/22/14 09:49 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Here's another source for reviews, mostly positive.

11 Things You Should Know About Dragon Age Inquisition

Dragon Age Inquisition: The Kotaku Review

One of the things the author says is that DA: Inquisition is pretty dependent on Thedas backstories and lore. Here's his quick summary of Thedas history (kind of humorously told) to check out if new players aren't familiar with DA Origins or DA2 (or if they've forgotten some things).

A Beginner's Guide to All Things Dragon Age

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989776
11/23/14 11:48 AM
11/23/14 11:48 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Sweet! Thanks, Lan wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989818
11/23/14 04:53 PM
11/23/14 04:53 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Ok, I'm probably posting too much! But I love preparing and getting ready for new games. Getting into "character." lol For me, anticipation is as much fun as the actually playing. Anyway, today I ran across something I hadn't heard about and thought I'd share it with new players.

Besides the preorder and/or digital deluxe bonus items, there is also a free DLC promotional weapons pack available to all players. You can unlock this pack by playing a point and click style minigame online.

Red Lyrium Reapers Weapons Pack

Help and simple Walkthroughs: "The Quest for the Red Lyrium Reapers is a minigame available on the Dragon Age: Inquisition website. Completing the game will unlock the Red Lyrium Reapers Weapons Pack promotional DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition."
Wikia Quest Guide
EA Guide for Quest

And the quest starts here (you need to sign in to your Origin acct so the items will sync to your game):
Discovery Experience: Quest for the Red Lyrium Reapers

Oh and BTW, if you want more info on where to find your other bonus items in game (preorder or deluxe), here's the help page on that:
Where to Find Bonus Content in the Game

Have fun! wave

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989821
11/23/14 05:31 PM
11/23/14 05:31 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
We love your posts! And love it when gamers are having fun! Thanks for the info on free stuff happydance

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #990642
11/28/14 04:43 PM
11/28/14 04:43 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
I have a PC that should be able to handle this game, however with some negative experiences with PC games I bought the PS4 version. Play Station version rarely crash and this has not crashed once, also it has the advantage of I would be able to trade it in if decided to.

I am doing quite well, just recruited Cole, I was uncertain if t is better to recruit him or kill him but, for what I read, he is quite useful even when strange.

Does anyone have any bad experience with him? I could go back easily and get him killed.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: mcc] #990643
11/28/14 05:27 PM
11/28/14 05:27 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Originally Posted By: mcc
I

Does anyone have any bad experience with him? I could go back easily and get him killed.

rotfl wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: mcc] #990651
11/28/14 07:40 PM
11/28/14 07:40 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
I haven't dealt with Cole yet, but I intend to recruit him. I don't usually kill possible companions. Now, whether I take them out in the field with me later is another thing. wink

I get the impression Cole is a demon spirit, but mainly allied to the "good" side.
Cole Profile
Quote:
Beyond his skill in combat, though… Cole wants to help people who are hurting. He may not always get it right, but he never stops caring. He will walk into the most painful moment of someone's life and offer them comfort without hesitation or judgment. And then he will disappear from their mind and walk away, because it's not about getting thanked, or even remembered. It's about helping.

Cole reminds me a little of Justice in Dragon Age Origins: Awakening. And remember, Justice was the one who possessed Anders in Dragon Age 2 (and was tainted by Anders' anger).
The Spirit of Justice
Quote:
"Justice" is not a name, it is an identity. Not all the denizens of the Fade identify with darker emotions like rage and pride. Some embody the nobler qualities found in humanity: faith, hope, compassion, valor, and justice.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #990654
11/28/14 08:50 PM
11/28/14 08:50 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
I play mainly shooters and horror survival, not many RPG series, I have played the previous DA and The Witcher series.

I read that Cole is strange and sometimes make weapons disappear ...

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #991351
12/03/14 01:59 PM
12/03/14 01:59 PM
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well I have just finished the Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts quest which was rather frustrating for me as I had trouble getting around the castle. But that's just me and my navigation skills. lol

I'm getting pretty close to the end of the main quests but have a lot of side quests yet undone. I'm playing and enjoying the game in spite of the many crashes to desktop. I've read that Bioware is working with Nvidia on attempting to fix the problem of crashes so I guess it must be the Nvidia cards that are having the problems with the crashes. I have a GeForce GTX 660 and my rig meets the requirements for the game.

Maybe by my second play through they'll have the patch and maybe it will solve the problem (or not) crazy

John
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #991474
12/04/14 12:30 PM
12/04/14 12:30 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Oldman, so glad you are having fun wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #991534
12/04/14 08:28 PM
12/04/14 08:28 PM
British Columbia, Canada
Templeton Peck Offline
Settled Boomer
Templeton Peck  Offline
Settled Boomer

British Columbia, Canada
I have the game (I usually don't get games on release or so close to it), however, I haven't had a chance to play it. I'm probably just going to wait for the release of the first patch before playing so some of the bugs get squashed for a more enjoyable experience.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #991536
12/04/14 09:03 PM
12/04/14 09:03 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
@Templeton Peck: I haven't started playing either. Spending time in Dragon Keep and prepping though. I also did the Discovery minigame I posted about before, so I've earned my Red Lyrium Reapers weapons. Those videos you watch with that are neat. I want to spend some time in character creation in the next few days too. If a patch doesn't come out in the next week though, I'll probably start playing anyway. smile

@oldman: Sounds like you're making headway! I have an AMD Radeon graphics card, not Nvidia. Maybe I won't have some of the issues reported. headscratch

@mcc: So you're more concerned with glitches with Cole rather than his character? I haven't run across anything about him causing problems with weapons. duh

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #991537
12/04/14 09:08 PM
12/04/14 09:08 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
I didn't get Cole killed but in the first time i went out he had disappeared, he was not available, I found him later.

From The Matrix
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #992486
12/10/14 10:29 AM
12/10/14 10:29 AM
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Origin just patched my game and it seems to be a lot better. I haven't had one crash since the patch was installed.

The game is much more enjoyable now. I rushed through a first play through and got to the final battle and, after beating the final boss, the game crashed before it went to the final scene. Since the update I replayed the battle and got to see the whole ending of the game. (Good ending by the way)

Now I'm a female mage and am taking my time and doing most of the side quests.

John
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #992487
12/10/14 10:33 AM
12/10/14 10:33 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
So glad to hear that!

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #992553
12/10/14 04:34 PM
12/10/14 04:34 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
As for the patch, yes Bioware patched the game yesterday. Scylla Costa, DAI's producer updated the Bioware blog with this news a few days ago. Here's the link to the update:
http://blog.bioware.com/2014/12/08/upcoming-patches-and-features-for-dragon-age/

Scylla Costa writes:
Quote:
Patch 2 is focused on stability, but does include numerous improvements and fixes across the board. Full patch notes will be available soon, but generally Patch 2 includes fixes to:

Stability – Various crashes, freezes, audio/voice glitches, and many stability improvements.
Gameplay – Conversations, quests, plot states, combat, UI, camera, controls, follower/enemy AI and path finding, exploits, radar, and search.
Multiplayer – In addition to some of the gameplay improvements listed above, multiplayer fixes also cover areas such as animations, game mode bugs, stat reporting, and stability/crash fixes.
PC – Numerous control & UI fixes, fixes to some hitching, improved Mantle performance, graphical glitches.

Scylla Costa also talks about updating the content:

Quote:
As massive as Dragon Age: Inquisition already is, there were some things the team wanted to get in at launch, but we just ran out of time. We’ll be creating these new features and content and adding them into your game over time because we love our DAI players. Multiplayer will also be receiving regular content updates.

Glad to se the patch is working :)

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #992571
12/10/14 07:16 PM
12/10/14 07:16 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Great news! Thanks for the heads-up, oldman and Karsten. I opened Origin and it updated my game automatically. Now I feel safer starting the game. happydance12

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #992577
12/10/14 08:56 PM
12/10/14 08:56 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Have fun! wave12

Last edited by looney4labs; 12/10/14 08:57 PM.

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #992597
12/10/14 11:21 PM
12/10/14 11:21 PM
New Mexico
Gobobby Offline
Settled Boomer
Gobobby  Offline
Settled Boomer

New Mexico
It should be noted that a "hotfix" is being prepared to patch the patch. Stay tuned. It has also been announced that several more patches will be issued with the timing uncertain.

The cleanest thing in your house is your cat
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #992659
12/11/14 09:56 AM
12/11/14 09:56 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Gobobby. That seems to be the way of things reindeer

-Roger Caras
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Urban Worrier, Orion, robedits, oldbroad), 254 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users