GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #992785
12/12/14 12:30 AM
12/12/14 12:30 AM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
I had another update today for the game, which I bet was the hotfix. I read that it was available now.

I started my game this afternoon. Spent a lot of time in character creation. I guess I'm ok with my hero. He doesn't look too dangerous right now though. lol12 The lighting in the creation screen was much darker than it is in the game itself. But actually my graphics are gorgeous. And the game play is very smooth.

The only issue I have is me, trying to figure out the controls. Marcus is acting like a bit of a doofus right now. It's a wonder Cassandra is even putting up with the guy. In fact, she does want to kill him.

"Please don't hurt me, Cassandra. I'm just a confused level 1 Mage in handcuffs." rotfl12

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #992885
12/12/14 09:36 PM
12/12/14 09:36 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
rotfl Hopefully, he'll get better! reindeer

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: looney4labs] #993023
12/13/14 07:59 PM
12/13/14 07:59 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Thanks! Things have improved. I re-keyed some of the controls to make them more comfortable for me.

As for my mage, he spent some time in Haven, gathering intel, assigning missions, crafting armor and weapons, preparing potions, and just getting to know more about those he's working with.

He also practiced his magic skills against a druffalo herd in the valley near Haven. And now, he has finally made his way to the Hinterlands. thumbsup12

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #993038
12/14/14 12:24 AM
12/14/14 12:24 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I love being able to outfit my own characters. wave12

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #993747
12/17/14 09:32 PM
12/17/14 09:32 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
Emprise du Lion help!

For some reason I cannot go forward, I have two camps I have closed 2 rifts but I cannot find a path through the mountains to go anywhere, I am blocked in all directions headscratch

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: mcc] #993752
12/17/14 10:07 PM
12/17/14 10:07 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Originally Posted By: mcc
Emprise du Lion help!
For some reason I cannot go forward, I have two camps I have closed 2 rifts but I cannot find a path through the mountains to go anywhere, I am blocked in all directions headscratch

I think if you finish a quest called Take Back the Lion, you can find a tunnel to pass through. I haven't done this myself yet, but here's a web page that might be helpful to you:

Stuck in Emprise du Lion

EDIT: That web page also mentions needing to deal with Imshael before you can leave. So that might create an issue as well as the other quest I noted.

Last edited by lanlynk; 12/17/14 10:29 PM.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #993772
12/17/14 11:29 PM
12/17/14 11:29 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Lan wave12

luck Mcc

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #993899
12/18/14 12:54 PM
12/18/14 12:54 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
Thanks landlink!

I have not been able to do Take Back the Lion because I cannot reach there, apparently the tunnel appears after talking to a woman in a yellow house, I did talk to her but I have not found the tunnel yet, maybe there is another yellow house ...

I will update if I find something.

Update: I found a Youtube WT, the tunnel is a passage (going out of Highgrove Camp) I had been in before but it has 2 exits and I had missed one slapforehead .

Advise, do not try to climb the mountains there, one only gets the character to jump in the less stylish way frown12

Last edited by mcc; 12/18/14 01:34 PM.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #993951
12/18/14 05:04 PM
12/18/14 05:04 PM
British Columbia, Canada
Templeton Peck Offline
Settled Boomer
Templeton Peck  Offline
Settled Boomer

British Columbia, Canada
Today is the day I start playing Inquisition finally!

Well maybe... I launched Origin and it needed to update first and restart.

Then I noticed you can upgrade the standard edition to the deluxe edition now. So I purchased the upgrade and then waited while it downloaded and installed all the updates.

I was finally ready to launch the game and... oh yeah it says my video card drivers are out of date and the game won't run until I upgrade.

So after the driver download, install and inevitable computer restart I'm hoping I'll get a look at the game today.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #993979
12/18/14 06:49 PM
12/18/14 06:49 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
@mcc: Glad you made it out. bravo12 That area sounds like it might be a little tricky to get through. Thanks for the hands up for when I get there!

@Templeton Peck: Your experience sounds like mine! Lots of prep and pre-game must-do's. I finally got a good start, but have been doing Christmas related stuff the last couple of days--had to leave my hero standing in a corral, waiting to mount his horse for the first time. laugh

EDIT: I just thought of another tricky quest, one I had trouble with and had to look up online. In the West Road area, near the Crossroads camp (Hinterlands), there are Templars and Mages fighting. I couldn't end the quest at first. Those Templars just kept spawning! I was getting desperate. Turns out I hadn't found the last camp site for them. It's past another camp left of the broken bridge. Once I dealt with that one, the quest finished. I guess there are several areas in the game that might be difficult to find! Lots of places to explore, some tucked away out of sight.

Last edited by lanlynk; 12/18/14 07:08 PM.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #994086
12/19/14 01:24 PM
12/19/14 01:24 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
Bioware has updated their Bioware blog with news of an upgrade to multiplayer as well as an upgrade for the singleplayer game. You can read the news here:

http://www.dragonage.com/?sf34711320=1#!...s=1418760534937

Here's the quote for the multiplayer upgrade:

Quote:
Dragon Age™: Inquisition - Destruction adds new paths to existing destinations. The conflicts raging throughout the world have upset the balance of nature. Wild creatures now roam the battlefield, introducing chaos as they attack both friend and foe. Best of all, you can download this pack right now, totally free.

Here's what you get in the update for the singleplayer game for 9.99 US dollars.

Quote:
Skyhold Throne – Every ruler should sit in a place of high honor, but as the Inquisitor you will have the greatest throne of all, fashioned from an ancient dragon skull.

· Red Hart Halla – Navigate the perilous, living world atop this great-horned beast.

· Bog Unicorn – Once belonging to an evil marauder, this unique mount has returned to inspire fear into those who would oppose you.

Just thought I let you know...

Last edited by Karsten; 12/19/14 01:24 PM. Reason: fixed link

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #994126
12/19/14 05:29 PM
12/19/14 05:29 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Hey, Karsten. Thank you for the info. santa I already have the Digital Deluxe Edition, so the single player upgrade wouldn't add anything for me, but I did install the free multiplayer DLC through Origin today--just in case I ever want to do multiplayer.

Besides what you mentioned, the Digital Deluxe Upgrade also adds the Flames Weapons pack and Armor, an armored horse, and the game's soundtrack album (as an MP3 download). It's for those who originally bought the Standard game version, and would like to get the Deluxe items now.

And FYI: A while back, Origin added another free DLC option for the English Voice Over Pack. I live in the US and already have the English version of the game, so this is also something I don't need. But those who have other language versions of the game might prefer the English dialogue.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #994912
12/25/14 09:04 AM
12/25/14 09:04 AM
Land of Hamlet
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer
misslilo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Land of Hamlet
I absolutely LOVE this game. It's amazingly entertaining. Already have just under 300 hours in it. razz

Hi all btw laugh

Oh, if any Mods are around, can I post a link to a site which have detailed Maps of all regions.. well most anyway, working on the rest?
They show where Mosaic pieces, bottles etc can be found too.

Last edited by misslilo; 12/25/14 09:09 AM.

"You can not escape your past, but you can make your future" - Diana Melkumova - @wowdane
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #995019
12/26/14 03:07 AM
12/26/14 03:07 AM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
@misslilo: I'm pretty sure it's ok to post links to guides, maps, etc. as long as no copyrights are violated and credit is given when needed.

I'd love a link to a more detailed map. I have the game guide, but it's not always clear where things actually are. What I'd REALLY like to find is a map with drawn trails, paths and roads. I often find myself trying to jump my hero up the sides of mountains to get to places because I can't find a route through! laugh

I'd also love better maps of indoor places--caves, mines and such. I just spent some time in the Forbidden Oasis. Gorgeous desert place, but it's like a maze there. Lots of climbing and circling around. I'm suppose to find a miner, but I can't get to her. woozy Love the scenery though. It reminds me of some of the Myst games or even Knights of the Old Republic.

I did find this site for maps with color icons:
Game Maps and Guide for DA:I

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #995064
12/26/14 12:55 PM
12/26/14 12:55 PM
Land of Hamlet
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer
misslilo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Land of Hamlet
Yeah, that's the one I use too @Ianlynk :)

There's also the:
- DAI Archives - info on a lot of the Quests etc.
- Find all 10 Dragons - Maps of Dragon locations with info difficulty etc.
- Notes in Hissing Wastes - I had trouble finding all the notes & this helped a lot.

"You can not escape your past, but you can make your future" - Diana Melkumova - @wowdane
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #995075
12/26/14 02:07 PM
12/26/14 02:07 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hi guys, thanks for the links. No problem at all. wave12

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #995128
12/27/14 03:07 AM
12/27/14 03:07 AM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi all,
I have read where you can assign secondary skills to your hotkeys but can't find out how to do it. The only thing I can find from the game site is this manual under mastering combat and battle menu which only confuses me. I think it is meant for gamepad controls but there is no mention of how to map for PC.

Also maybe everyone knows this already but if you use the manual marker by right clicking on an area it is really helpful as it shows you exactly where to go. Especially helpful when you get close and the quest marker disappears from your compass.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #995164
12/27/14 12:54 PM
12/27/14 12:54 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Oldman, Mr. Google was so not helpful on this one. I hope a vet will be able to answer this for you. wave12

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: oldman] #995203
12/27/14 05:40 PM
12/27/14 05:40 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
@ oldman: From what I read, you can only assign 8 skills/spells to hot keys. I also had this question when my tactic slots started getting filled. I'm upset about this as are a lot of PC players. It looks like it's because of the console setups: they only have 8 skill controls so PC players now have only 8 choices. And you can't change them during battle, only in between battles, just like you can't change weapons during battle. It's going to really limit my play options--I haven't even gotten to my specialty yet. So far, this has been my main negative feeling about the game. mad12

I think I will have to respec my player because I did not plan for this limitation. Blacksmith NPCs sell an amulet that resets all skill points when equipped (to you, or to your companions). The first one costs 1 coin, consecutive ones cost 345 (?) coins. After equipping it, it disappears (it's a single-use item). This won't give me more skill choices, but at least will let me prioritize. I'll have to focus and only upgrade certain skills. The problem is, for a mage, you can't just go with one element, for example, because enemies are immune to some. And not only that, to get through a skill tree, you have to choose several tactics that you'll then have to discard if you're wanting one of the "higher" skills. Boo!

EDIT Corrected: I had thought that party members you don't control directly could use any of the skills they have, not just the ones in the hot keys, but I'm pretty sure this is not true despite reports by players. A game designer says there are 32 total skills/spells available per 4-person party. I'll have to do some experimenting on this. think

...I found out about that right clicking on the map and also found it useful. It doesn't stay in place between visits to the area though--unless I messed up how to use it correctly. I wanted to mark places with certain herbs. That's a good idea to use it for marking my location though. yes

@misslilo: Thanks for the links! Very useful, especially the character builds. I think I'm going to have to do some studying on builds.

Last edited by lanlynk; 12/28/14 08:56 PM. Reason: Update on info gathered.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: lanlynk] #995221
12/27/14 08:18 PM
12/27/14 08:18 PM
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well I keep getting hints (and also reading about) combo attacks and I thought it meant that you could assign two skills to the same slot but then as I read the confusing manual it mentioned that you could only assign them while in combat but the keys they mentioned don't exist on pc keyboard so that's wherein my confusion lies. I just don't understand what they mean by combo attacks.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #995259
12/28/14 07:43 AM
12/28/14 07:43 AM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
I think the combo attacks is that you, (on the console controller?) can press A, and maybe another button. This lets your player(s) perform a normal attack and maybe swinging attack as well? I know that you can strafe backwards and shoot at the same time i.e. with a bow. (seen in one of the twitch streams videos released just before the game was released).

It could also mean that, as in DA:O, you can cast grease and then throw a fireball onto the grease or ignite the grease with fire.

And yes, as I understand, at the moment, you can only assign 8 spells/skills to your hotkeys pr. player, I mean for each character in your party.

Last edited by Karsten; 12/28/14 07:43 AM. Reason: content and clarification

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #995352
12/28/14 08:46 PM
12/28/14 08:46 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
@ Karsten: I think you're right. Your whole party only has 8 available skills/spells each. I had read conflicting reports on non-controlled characters, but have concluded that there are only 32 available skills per 4 person party.

Has anyone spent any time in the overhead tactic mode for combat? Unfortunately, I have heard some complaints about this camera view. I haven't worked with it yet. I need to try it out. Maybe combo moves make more sense there. You can more easily set them up. I don't think you can preset any combos with keys specifically. You have to tell your team how to attack individually. Combos are either made by one character or across classes.

Quote:
Here is an example: Cassandra, one of the Inquisitor’s companions, uses »Challenge« to draw attention; this draws an opponent over a »Fire Mine« placed by the Orlesian mage Vivienne. The Fire Mine explodes and knocks the foe down. This lets Iron Bull, a Qunari warrior mercenary, strike with »Mighty Blow«, which deals massive damage against »Fallen Foes«. This lets Cole, a spirit, strike with »Deathblow«, which deals massive damage against foes under 50% health.

Combat Design of Dragon Age: Inquisition

Dragon Age: Inquisition Skill Combo Guide

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #995710
12/31/14 02:24 PM
12/31/14 02:24 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
Where can one buy really good weapons and armor? I have plenty of money but not many places to buy these things.

I can have the last fight now but I want to fight some more, I only fought one dragon in Hissing Wastes I will use misslilos link to do so. Thanks.

Which partners do you take against the dragons? I took once two warriors (Blackwal and Iron Bull) and a mage (Solas) apart from me (a rogue), but the result was not good, later I took my normal team (Sera, Blackwall and Solas), this worked a lot better.

From The Matrix
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: mcc] #995823
01/01/15 02:43 AM
01/01/15 02:43 AM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
I'm not as far along in the game, but I read somewhere that Val Royeaux merchants have good armor and weapons. I also read that the best equipment is actually what you can find during exploration or what you craft yourself if you get the upper level schematics (especially armor). I've crafted a lot of my stuff, but it is time consuming.

Dragons: I'd choose more ranged characters over melee. And remember, not all dragons are fire ones, so prepare yourself with the right resistances and weapons.

luck

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #996139
01/02/15 09:24 PM
01/02/15 09:24 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
Thanks!

My weapons and armor don't seem good enough to kill some dragons even when I am at higher level. think

From The Matrix
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Fogfighter), 264 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users