GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Uru-Lower Gira : Yeesha page on ledge near puffers #99664
12/02/03 09:13 PM
12/02/03 09:13 PM
SNOHOMISH, WA
maryc64 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
maryc64  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

SNOHOMISH, WA
I thought I'd try to contribute.
If there is an easier way to do this part, please share!
There is a notebook over the tunnel near the puffer plants. It is obvious. But there is a Yeesha page on a ledge to the right if one stands on top of the tunnel entrance with notebook to back. It is on the right ledge from this vantage point.
Jumping from that spot was too difficult. I walked down to my right and went much lower and nearer the larger boulder.
These are my notes to help others: I found that if I walked very close to the big boulder near the more "shallow" end of the ridge over the tunnel, and lined up the head of the avatar until there appeared only an upside down triangle (reflection made from light hitting boulder) on the boulder then walked about two or three steps and lept, it was easier. If I aimed and there were more reflections than just an upside down triangle, it was too difficult. I figured this feature was there for a purpose and I was right. At least it worked for me!
I was much closer to the boulder than the Prima Guide infers.
Also, one is able to do a "partial jump" with just a touch of the key board if one lands part way up the boulder and one can turn right and left a bit if partially up or without feet really touching the boulder!
Then I aligned the big puffer plant a bit to the right of my vision. I took a step or two back on top of the boulder, but this time I ran and lept rather than walked. Then I touched the page on this ledge!
Now I worry there are more Yeesha pages that I haven't found. I wonder how many we should have?
I hope I have found all of them.
I also wonder, what other features we have missed like the upside down triangle for aiming correctly in certain sections of Uru!
I already finished the dreaded basket/firefly section which took several days.

maryc64
Re: Uru-Lower Gira : Yeesha page on ledge near puffers #99667
12/03/03 07:33 AM
12/03/03 07:33 AM
Kentucky
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer
Kayc  Offline
Settled Boomer

Kentucky
Hi,
I had found 5 pages when I finished, but I could have missed some. It took me a long time to finally get up on that ledge. I will keep this tip handy for my replay of Uru.
Kay

Re: Uru-Lower Gira : Yeesha page on ledge near puffers #99668
12/03/03 07:59 AM
12/03/03 07:59 AM
Footprint Offline
Settled Boomer
Footprint  Offline
Settled Boomer

I did that boulder too but Maryc64's description would have made it a lot easier I think!

I found 6 'green' pages but have still no idea what they are for!! Who knows all about it?

-= truth needs no words =-
Re: Uru-Lower Gira : Yeesha page on ledge near puffers #99669
12/03/03 07:40 PM
12/03/03 07:40 PM
USA
Shadow35 Offline
Settled Boomer
Shadow35  Offline
Settled Boomer

USA
The pages just add superficial changes to Relto, like a waterfall. You just touch them in the linking book to activate them if they're not already glowing; when they're glowing, that particular page is activated and that real estate change will "show up" in Relto. If a page isn't glowing I don't think there will appear to be any change in Relto.

By the way, that page near the puffers was tough for me to get, too. I kept slipping off of the danged rock! mad I was really hoping there would be a major plot twist on that piece of paper when I finally got it, too. lol Oh well, you can't have everything!

In the darkness, we all look the same.
Re: Uru-Lower Gira : Yeesha page on ledge near puffers #99670
02/21/04 05:57 PM
02/21/04 05:57 PM
antioch, ca
B
BROCKWAY MOM Offline
Shy Boomer
BROCKWAY MOM  Offline
Shy Boomer
B

antioch, ca
Mary,thanks for the assist. Couldn't have jumped without you. Successfully, that is. Any hints for the cave where I cannot find any bouys?
Brockway Mom

Re: Uru-Lower Gira : Yeesha page on ledge near puffers #99671
03/31/04 10:17 PM
03/31/04 10:17 PM
Oregon
rockingrjranch Offline
Settled Boomer
rockingrjranch  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oregon
Maybe I am not following this thread correctly and you guys are talking about a different jump. I went down to a ledge and pressed the first journey and now have to go to a small platform with a geyser below. I have tried a number of times (close to 20) and still no luck. I am always going over the platform adn having to restart. Is there another way???
think

Nancy
While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, thousands of pixels were inconvenienced. smile
Re: Uru-Lower Gira : Yeesha page on ledge near puffers #99672
03/31/04 10:31 PM
03/31/04 10:31 PM
Gillespie, Il. USA
MDAMLADY Offline
Addicted Boomer
MDAMLADY  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Gillespie, Il. USA
Yes, there's an easier way than jumping down to the outcrop below.

As you're coming up the path from the first set of geysers and the path splits right or left; go left till you reach the edge of the cliff. walk/jump to the flat area beyond. Walk over the stone bridge down to another geyser and close it.
Turn left again till you see the next geyser on the outcropping. Get close to the edge and run/jump; close this one.

You'll have to link back to Relto; unless you can make the jump back. Don't worry you'll save all your closed geysers from there. Do NOT press the journey hand; press the picture and you'll start at the beginning path.

"So Many Games;So Little Time."

Now Playing: Sims 1 Always!!
Next adventure Please!
Re: Uru-Lower Gira : Yeesha page on ledge near puffers #99673
03/31/04 10:47 PM
03/31/04 10:47 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Seems as though there is often more than one way to do things in this game. I missed the way that Lady is talking about, but discovered I could make the jump from where you are IF I was walking when I jumped, not running...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Uru-Lower Gira : Yeesha page on ledge near puffers #99674
03/31/04 11:26 PM
03/31/04 11:26 PM
Oregon
rockingrjranch Offline
Settled Boomer
rockingrjranch  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oregon
Thanks Lady and Jenny. I just got back from trying it again with no success. I am always walking and trying to take only one step before jumping. I hit the ledge but then go right on over to the lava. Extremely frustrating. I will try the other way and see what happens. Have a great evening!

Nancy
While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, thousands of pixels were inconvenienced. smile
Re: Uru-Lower Gira : Yeesha page on ledge near puffers #99675
04/05/04 03:41 PM
04/05/04 03:41 PM
New Mexico
N
NMEagle Offline
Shy Boomer
NMEagle  Offline
Shy Boomer
N

New Mexico
In case you have not been able to jump to the ledge where the geyser is located, try lining up to the length of the target ledge rather than the width. That line up gives you more landing and jumping space.

Re: Uru-Lower Gira : Yeesha page on ledge near puffers #99676
04/30/04 07:54 AM
04/30/04 07:54 AM
Ottawa, ON Canada
P
pnormand Offline
Settled Boomer
pnormand  Offline
Settled Boomer
P

Ottawa, ON Canada
Hi All,

Below quote is suggestion to how I solved Rocks jumping in case someone is looking for some helps.
Quote:
Originally posted by maryc64:
I thought I'd try to contribute.
If there is an easier way to do this part, please share!
There is a notebook over the tunnel near the puffer plants. It is obvious. But there is a Yeesha page on a ledge to the right if one stands on top of the tunnel entrance with notebook to back. It is on the right ledge from this vantage point.
Jumping from that spot was too difficult. I walked down to my right and went much lower and nearer the larger boulder.
These are my notes to help others: I found that if I walked very close to the big boulder near the more "shallow" end of the ridge over the tunnel, and lined up the head of the avatar until there appeared only an upside down triangle (reflection made from light hitting boulder) on the boulder then walked about two or three steps and lept, it was easier. If I aimed and there were more reflections than just an upside down triangle, it was too difficult. I figured this feature was there for a purpose and I was right. At least it worked for me!
I was much closer to the boulder than the Prima Guide infers.
Also, one is able to do a "partial jump" with just a touch of the key board if one lands part way up the boulder and one can turn right and left a bit if partially up or without feet really touching the boulder!
Then I aligned the big puffer plant a bit to the right of my vision. I took a step or two back on top of the boulder, but this time I ran and lept rather than walked. Then I touched the page on this ledge!
Now I worry there are more Yeesha pages that I haven't found. I wonder how many we should have?
I hope I have found all of them.
I also wonder, what other features we have missed like the upside down triangle for aiming correctly in certain sections of Uru!
I already finished the dreaded basket/firefly section which took several days.
The trick to jump on rock that near destination and not on the one at opposite side.

The way I've done it is to simply stand apr. half way at right of tunnel not as an angle but straigth. I try different hight until I've solved. I know its hard but you will manage that eventuly. In fact I just finish entire game and boy! Am I ever looking forward playing with expansion pack 1 and I hope developper will do more expansion packs in future.

Phil

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (curly, oldbroad), 355 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users