GB HOMEPAGE

Rhiannon

Posted By: gillann

Rhiannon - 10/23/08 11:00 PM

Hi, I've just begun, and am stuck already. This doesn't bode well! I can't find the front door. Have wandered to the horse barn-gone to the house to the right when first in the gate, and have found a blue door. It doesn't look much like a front door, and there is no pot, no key. Where is the front door located?
Thanks!
Gillann
The structure is on the left, not on the right.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Rhiannon - 10/23/08 11:07 PM

Here's the house click here - see the blue door.
Posted By: noelbruton

Re: Rhiannon - 10/24/08 12:17 PM

Gillian - can I just point out MaG's used an older graphic where we parked your car on the forecourt. In the released version, we left the car outside the gate, so don't get confused by the car being in the shot smile

Cheers

Noel
Arberth Studios

(I remember the day of the policy decision - "chaps, let's move the car - it's only in the way there anyway.")

Re: Rhiannon - 10/24/08 03:19 PM

Thank you so much, Noel. Onward and upward!
Gillann
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Rhiannon - 10/24/08 07:22 PM

I love this game.However, I am not finding the place to put the ladder to get on the roof for the starling. I am at the scaffolding & looked up. Following the wt. but I've not found a place for the ladder. Please help. I see I'm the only one having a problem with this. Oh my!
Posted By: Chief

Re: Rhiannon - 10/24/08 08:37 PM

Patsy, could THIS TOPIC be of some help.

Good luck. luck

Chief fall
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Rhiannon - 10/24/08 08:44 PM

Thanks, Chief. wave

Hope that helps, Patsy! luck

Re: Rhiannon - 10/24/08 09:22 PM

Thank you Chief. That probably is the problem. It really did cross my mind, but now I'll have to see if I have the other one.

Thanks again.
Edit

Only have 1 step ladder. can't find another. Checked all buildings. I shouldn't be playing games today I guess/Had trouble with every one I've played.

Re: Rhiannon - 10/24/08 10:08 PM

Patsy, go to the stone building. After entering (hope you have the key), go right to the end. There is a trap door there.

On the top shelf at left near the trap door, take the ladder. This one will work on the scaffolding.

Have fun.

Chief wave

Re: Rhiannon - 10/24/08 10:24 PM

Thanks again, Chief. I'm sorry to be a pain in the uh....Neck.

Re: Rhiannon - 10/24/08 10:39 PM

Enjoy the game Patsy. It's a good one. yay

Chief fall

Re: Rhiannon - 10/24/08 10:49 PM

It really is a good game. Thanks, I got the ladder with your expert patience & help.

Re: rhiannon - 10/26/08 08:25 PM

MaG I found the boiler room next to the bathroom, but cannot find a hotspot for the ladder to get the rat poison. I do seem to have a problem with ladders. Please help. I'm following your wt. That's the only thing that gets me thru.

Re: rhiannon - 10/26/08 08:47 PM

Patsy,

I moved your post to your original thread. Please use this thread if you have other questions.

As for the boiler room - do you have the stepladder taken from the unfinished dining room? That si the one you need to use.
Enter the boiler room, then turn right.
Face that wall and see an active spot. Place the ladder on that wall. Then climb up.

Re: Rhiannon - 10/26/08 08:53 PM

Hi, I've referred to MaG's WT, but can't find the boiler room. Still can't pick up ladder. It says the boiler room next to tne bathroom. Which bathroom? The bathroom next to the kitchen?, or the one next to the bedroom? Lost.
Thanks, Gillann
Posted By: JennyP

Re: rhiannon - 10/26/08 08:53 PM

Help, help help. I still cannot get the wretched wand out of the safe. I found the grave with the crosshole on it, it now has the cog sign. I found the pig, helmet & shroud and made 4 recordings. I looked at all the graves a million times, checked all the bowls but have put nothing in them. How do I get the wand to go into my inventory - I even checked the solution & I cannot see what I have missed. Now getting grumpy - help, please .
PS Yes, I fed the cat.
Posted By: TLC

Re: rhiannon - 10/26/08 08:57 PM

gillann,

I believe the boiler room is downstairs. Before you can pick up the ladder, you need to find the open rafter on the right wall in the boiler room. luck

Re: Rhiannon - 10/26/08 08:58 PM

Gillann,

It's the one next to the kitchen. The walkthrough states from Kitchen, then bathroom and then out to patio.
Boiler room: Turn around and enter the gray door on the left.

Check the picture again. Here's the house click here - see the blue door at the front.
Then check the blue door at far left by the left patio and behind the car. That's the boiler room.

My monitor's color changes eek

--------
Jenny,

You snuck up on me.
Have you read the diary on Boswell's desk?
Have you clicke on the cross in front of Rhiannon's Boswell's grave?

wave TLC - I'm gone! :witch:

Re: Rhiannon - 10/26/08 09:00 PM

Jenny,

I don't think I've gotten to this part of the game, we'll have to wait for help. wave

Re: Rhiannon - 10/26/08 09:18 PM

I'm sorry MaG. Your instructions put me right thru.
Thanks once again

Re: Rhiannon - 10/26/08 09:29 PM

Glad you got it now, Patsy. yay wave

Re: Rhiannon - 10/26/08 09:46 PM

Has no one got to the unable to get the wretched wand bit ? cry I can do no more without it

Re: Rhiannon - 10/26/08 09:47 PM

Jenny,

Did you see my post above?
Have you read the diary on Boswell's desk?
Have you clicke on the cross in front of Rhiannon's Boswell's grave?

Re: Rhiannon - 10/26/08 09:47 PM

Jenny,

Did you see MaG's response to you above? think wave

wave MaG. smile

Re: Rhiannon - 10/27/08 07:53 AM

Yes, MaG, I read the diary & clicked on the cross. I will give it one more go then ask if anyone has a save. Thanks for everyones help.
Posted By: noelbruton

Re: Rhiannon - 10/27/08 08:02 AM

Hello Jenny

The object in the safe is not a wand. It is a key with expandable teeth, for which you have not yet seen a keyhole. Suggest you visit Rhiannon Boswell's grave, particularly its face.

Best

Noel
Arberth Studios

Re: Rhiannon - 10/27/08 10:01 AM

Thanks, Noel. wave

Re: Rhiannon - 10/27/08 11:57 AM

I know it wasn't the wand, thanks but could not remove it from the safe. I gritted my teeth, went to every location & looked at everything all over again & finally the game let me have it !!!
Thanks everyone for your help

Re: Rhiannon - 10/27/08 12:48 PM

<whew> Glad you got through, Jenny.
Posted By: Ladybug

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 12:32 AM

Stuck at the cauldron with the blue bottles. Can't seem to get the water orb. I've tried matching two of the bottles and clicking them on the cauldron and the water splashes up. I even got the gold plate showing on the left top of the screen, but no matter how I combine the bottles I can't get past this part. I even tried clicking the symbol (skull, bread etc.) on the cauldron and then two of the bottles, but nothing happens when I click the symbol on the cauldron. Am I the only one with this problem? Hope you can help.

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 12:48 AM

Ladybug,

What you add to the cauldron is the symbolic item and its matching bottle.
For example: bread and the blue bottle of humiliated.
Gold plate and the bottle of calm.
Posted By: Ladybug

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 03:08 AM

Thanks MaG, I will give it another try.

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 05:20 AM

luck Ladybug. wave
Posted By: georgeana

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 07:06 PM

have collected sounds for ; generator, refrigerator and bathroom; will not let me collect at water wheel ( this is for AIR symbol) on my tunobox.
help!

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 07:20 PM

georgeanna,

Try again. In one of my replays. I had to go close and redo the tunovox on the waterwheel. Be sure that you are at end of the walkway and looking close at it.
Check first where the hotspot is located, then use the tunovox on that hotpsot. luck

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 07:33 PM

Just finished this game. Wish I had another just like. My only complaint was hard to navigate around. But what else do I have to do?

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 07:57 PM

cannot find a hotspot on wheel; I think thats the problem

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 08:25 PM

Georgeanna,

Are you sure you are at the correct water wheel? It is the one at the end of the path and close to-right of the door of the mill.

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 08:48 PM

its the only water wheel i have found. (leading down steps from burning barrel)

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 10:01 PM

All I can think of is for you to press the tone button again. I don't think I have a saved game here.

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 11:25 PM

It won't let me press the tone button; but thanks anyway, I have a saved game to play.

Re: Rhiannon - 10/28/08 11:58 PM

Great that someone sent you a saved game.

Re: Rhiannon - 10/30/08 05:20 PM

Hi, I'm having a problem with things in inventory. I've picked up most, or all of the twigs, but can't bring the tree book up to id them. Too, I can't read the map of the property, either. How do I "read" either of these items? Where are the standing stones? I have the block and tackle, but don't quite know where to go.
Thanks, Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 10/30/08 05:30 PM

Hi gillann,

Right-click on the items in your inventory and they'll appear in close-up.

To find the large standing stone: turn right from the workshop where you picked up the block and tackle, and carry on forward along the path until the end and turn right. Go forward until you reach the standing stone.

luck

Re: Rhiannon - 10/31/08 07:51 PM

Thanks, Rushes but the only standing stone that I can find is the one up the stairs, that has the markings on it. I can't find any other stones like that, nor can I find any hot spots on any of the assorted rocks, etc. I followed your directions, and the WT, but end up at that stone, and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 10/31/08 08:01 PM

That's the stone you need, gillann. Place the block and tackle on the active spot that appears above the stone. Move your cursor around that area if the spot is hard to find. luck

Re: Rhiannon - 10/31/08 08:49 PM

Rushes to the rescue once again! I just wasn't looking for the hot spot in the right place. Thanks, so much.
Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 10/31/08 08:53 PM

thumbsup Glad you found it, gillann.

Re: Rhiannon - 11/01/08 04:54 PM

Hello, once again I'm having a problem. I've put the slate together, picked up the scraper and have uncovered the spell from the three walls..the order, I think is correct, but I can't get anything to appear on the slate. Nothing is happening, after I cleaned up the last brick. I tried to click on the brick re:WT, but nada. Any suggestions? I'm fairly sure the order is correct.
Thanks!
Gillann
Hi, Well, I didn't have the correct order, after all. Problem solved.

Re: Rhiannon - 11/01/08 05:03 PM

Glad you figured it out, gillann. thumbsup

Re: Rhiannon - 11/02/08 04:31 PM

Hi, I've collected the crown, sword, crib, horse and claw and thought I had all of the twigs, but am missing #4-birch. I've looked everywhere, and can't find it. The WT says to go through the blue gate..which is the one leading to the river? I can't find it. Help, please!
Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 11/02/08 04:57 PM

Gillann,

Let's familiarize the area.
Exit the front door of the house.
Across you is the pond.
To the right is the stone building (with the wood cutting area).
To the left is the stable and shed and Malcolm's workshop.
Across the pond while standing with your back on the front door - see the wall of the farm.
Straight ahead and behind that wall is the orchard.
Pan to the right and see a blue gate. That gate leads to the water and later to the chapel-cemetery.

Now if you go behind the stable and shed that is on your left; you will find another road that will lead later on to the Mill.

So exit the front door, walk around the pond to the right and you will see a blue gate. Go through that gate and be in a path that leads to the water.

Re: Rhiannon - 11/02/08 07:07 PM

Thanks, MaG. I probably walked by it a gazillion times, but this time I walked right to it. Very pretty game.
Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 11/02/08 09:06 PM

Have fun.

Re: Rhiannon - 11/02/08 09:30 PM

I'm baa-ck. I'm at the scaffolding but don't have a ladder. I tried to pick up the one in the padlocked, flooded building, but it won't let me. Is there another ladder somewhere? I've done everything according to the WT up to this point. What am I missing?
Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 11/02/08 09:40 PM

Hi gillann,

Have you tried again to pick up the ladder from the padlocked building, now that you know you need one for the scaffolding? I had the same problem of not being able to put the ladder to inventory until this point. As soon as I went back for one last try, I was able to take it. luck
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Rhiannon - 11/02/08 09:42 PM

Hello the ladder you need is in the stone building it is padlocked and if you go to the back where
Click to reveal..
you pull the plank up and see water underneath to the left is the ladder
wave thumbsup

Re: Rhiannon - 11/02/08 10:09 PM

Thanks, all. I went back to the scaffolding, and looked up, then, went back and was able to retrieve the ladder.
Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 11/02/08 10:13 PM

Great. thumbsup

Re: Rhiannon - 11/03/08 07:05 PM

I can't find the saddle. I've checked the WT, and wandered all around, but find no hot spot. I'm facing the shelving-on the left are windows, and a trough-straight ahead are two openings in the wall, but I can't get close to them. Where is the gap that has the saddle?
Gillann
Posted By: catsmom

Re: Rhiannon - 11/03/08 07:45 PM

The gap is on the floor. Do you have the ring yet? smile

Re: Rhiannon - 11/03/08 07:59 PM

Thanks, catsmom.

gillann,
Be sure that you are standing on the very back part of the last (left) stall and facing the windows. Look down on the floor and a bit on the right.
There is a lifted tile there. Click on it.

Re: Rhiannon - 11/03/08 09:54 PM

Thanks, everyone. I was looking at the walls! Got it.
Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 11/03/08 10:14 PM

Great!

Re: Rhiannon - 11/04/08 05:28 PM

I'm nearing the end, but am stuck with the symbols in the basement. I placed the stone near the staircase, but can't push the correct symbols. Per the WT, it says to go counterclockwise starting with the symbol behind the boat to the right. I've pushed both symbols on either side of the boat, but it pops back out, and the laughter begins. What do the symbols look like for air, spirit, fire, earth and water? They all look the same to me. Help, please!
Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 11/04/08 05:45 PM

That is not what the wt stated. smile

Make the pentacle:

Forming the pentacle in sinister (counterclockwise) order, go to the far left circular plate close to the back right end of the boat. Press the Air symbol. If correct, the plate stays recessed and no laughter is heard.

Go to the circular plate right of the spirit stone and top right of the boat. Press the Fire symbol.

Go to the circulate plate left of the spirit stone and close to the stairs. Press the Earth symbol.

Go to the circular plate close to the left side of the boat. Press the Water symbol.

The symbols light up. Watch the appearance of the glass case from the water. Open the case and take the wooden wand.

Re: Rhiannon - 11/04/08 06:44 PM

I have a quick question. If you press the wrong symbol plate, do you have to go back to a Save, and start over? I've followed the WT, (Thanks, MaG), but to no avail. I've gone to the far left plate to the rear of the boat, but apparently it's the wrong one. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 11/04/08 06:49 PM

I do go back to a saved game since I usually save before any puzzle. So I think it might be best that you do.

Before you do this - have you read Boswell's diary and the scroll that describe what you are about to do? It might be best also, to read them both.

Also that stone - it should be on the base of the staircase.
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Rhiannon - 11/04/08 07:30 PM

I really feel dumb! I am at the front door and I do not know how to look down. When I use the arrow with the curved tip, I turn turn around to the the pond.

Re: Rhiannon - 11/04/08 07:59 PM

Kazzmo,

Move the cursor close to bottom of page. The cursor should be narrower than the usual forward arrow.
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Rhiannon - 11/04/08 09:30 PM

Thank you MaG, I am on my way now. I have a feeling I am really going to like this game! thumbsup

Re: Rhiannon - 11/04/08 11:28 PM

Hi, I'm very close to giving up. It's so frustrating. I'm sure it's not that hard, but I'm just not getting it. Facing the spirit stone on the staircase, I go left, but for how many clicks? I clicked on the stone to the left-it's on the gray part of the wall. Nothing. Is the back of the boat facing the spirit stone and stairs, or is that the front of the boat? I've clicked on all of the stones after reloading, and no luck. I really feel like a dolt.
Gillann
Well, I went back for one last shot, and did it perfectly. Thanks, MaG. You have the patience of a saint, and patience is something I seem to lack!
Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 11/05/08 12:08 AM

Gillann, I was about to draw a diagram. Glad you got it. smile

Kazzmo, I love this game.

Re: Rhiannon - 11/05/08 12:19 AM

Thanks, MaG. I loved this game, too. It's so serene.
Once again, thank you for all the help.
Gillann

Re: Rhiannon - 11/05/08 02:44 AM

Hope that you continue to enjoy.
Posted By: stephen

Re: Rhiannon - 11/07/08 01:46 AM

im playing the demo of rhiannon and i too am having problems looking down..i move the cursor to the very bottom of screen and it still makes me turn around..

Re: Rhiannon - 11/07/08 02:00 AM

See if this helps - I had to move the arrow higher so that it will show up better.

Posted By: stephen

Re: Rhiannon - 11/07/08 09:27 PM

ill try it but im wondering if in the demo the arrow doesnt get smaller to look down?..i didnt need the key to get into the front blue door i just walked in..and also in the demo i turned left to the flower pot and i wasnt able to move it..

ok i tired it but it still no letting me look down..i dont get a small narrow arrow at all just eh arrow withthe tail

Re: Rhiannon - 11/07/08 09:44 PM

If you got in the house, then you don't need this key. lol
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Rhiannon - 11/08/08 08:45 AM

The demo differes quite a bit from the walkthrough stephen smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community