GB HOMEPAGE

The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted

Posted By: MaG

The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/08/11 03:26 PM

The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted!

yay bravo thanks kissy
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/08/11 03:45 PM

It looks good! Thanks Chief and Venus. wave
Posted By: Chief

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/08/11 03:54 PM

Thanks for editing it MaG. thanks

I does look good. grin

Chief wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/08/11 04:08 PM

Thanks, Chief and Venus! thumbsup
Posted By: Kootsie

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/08/11 04:57 PM

Thank you Chief & Venus!

Venus...you have generously helped me already!
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/08/11 05:12 PM

Thank you Chief and Venus.That was very quick. I can't wait to play it. I have it downloaded,just have to finish up some other games first.

Cathy bravo
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/08/11 07:21 PM

My goodness !!!! That's fabulously fast !!!!
Thank you all so much broccoli
Posted By: venus

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/08/11 08:29 PM

thanks for the edit, MaG! It looks great. happydance

Kootsie, glad I could help, and that you were able to progress! smile
Posted By: sanford

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 04:09 AM

Thank you SO much, Venus and Chief. It's SUCH a great WT, and last but not least, to Mag, Thanks for editing this wonderful piece of work. I'm CERTAIN that all of our fellow Boomers share my feelings about this as well. Congratulations on another WINNER.
Sandy

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 04:51 AM

Thank you all for the good words. thanks

It was a great experience co-writting with Venus.

Chief wave

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 02:59 PM

Thanks, Chief! It was a great experience co-writing with you as well! yes Looking forward to doing Episode 5, too. bravo

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 03:13 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but I am finding the controls for the battle between Graham and Shadrack very cumbersome...the crown keeps appearing and hindering my attack/defense.

I've also found a few bugs in the game.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 03:29 PM

Kootsie, yes it took me several times to get through that battle. And unfortunately, I couldn't even keep a saved game afterward because
Click to reveal..
the final scene plays immediately afterward.
It's too bad they didn't implement a skip feature for those of us who aren't good at/don't care for action sequences.

Just keep trying. Is it the rocking of the boat that keeps giving you trouble? I know that's what caused me the most grief. What you have to do is ready your cursor over the arrow opposite the direction the boat is tilting and click it as soon as the crown cursor turns into an arrow. You'll have to do this two or three times, as Shadrack won't be content with only one attempt.

I'd offer to send you a saved game, but as I said, I unfortunately couldn't create one. frown

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 03:39 PM

Thanks Venus...I get to a certain point in the battle and the game hangs...very frustrating. I am able to keep Graham stable in the boat but like I said, it hangs up there w/Shadrack at about 1/2 helth.

I think I shall uninstall again and see if that works.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 03:46 PM

That's too bad; I hope reinstalling works for you! Did you install just Episode 4 by itself, or was it the full build? If you just installed the episode by itself, you may want to try uninstalling everything and try the full build. Make sure you copy and keep your saved games elsewhere, though, since uninstalling will delete them! I keep mine on a disk.

Another thing you may try is installing the game in C:\The Silver Lining instead of its default location. This may help.

If you already have the full build and reinstalling in a different location doesn't help, you can always ask over at the TSL tech forum here - http://www.postudios.com/blog/forum/index.php?board=58.0.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 03:48 PM

I did create a saved games folder.

Let's see what happens...arrrrrrrgh! LOL

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 03:53 PM

luck to you. I feel your pain. lol That action sequence is frustrating enough as it is. crazy
Posted By: traveler

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 04:12 PM

I ran into the Save/Restore problem mentioned in the TSL forum. I can't save or restore a game in the full version which I downloaded so I'd have everything in one file. I'm downloading it again in case that helps but this time I'm going to do what I should have done before and install the game in My Documents.

Talk about a bummer! I'd already played through Episode 3. Now it looks as if I'll have to do all that again.

Gil.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 04:15 PM

Traveler, can't you keep your saved games in another location, so you won't have to replay the entire episode?

Yes, I know Chief encountered that saved games issue, and installing the game under C:\TSL solved the problem for him.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 04:32 PM

venus,

I think my saves will be alright in My Docs. I've had this issue so many times I should have learned by now not to put a game in any form of Program Files. Using My Docs for Tale of a Hero was absolutely the only way I could play that game (which I thoroughly enjoyed), forget saves. One of these days, I'm going to remember not to be forgetful.

Gil.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 04:42 PM

Traveler, I know what you mean about forgetfulness. lol Ah, that reminds me, I still have to buy Tale of a Hero! I know I have that link saved somewhere. grin

MaG, thanks for adding the pictures of Graham to the top of the TSL walkthrough! Chief's wife created them by using Graham's face from TSL's family picture, and I think she did a great job! thumbsup

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 06:05 PM

I tried writing down the sequence of defense/attack but every time I restore or retry, the sequence changes.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 06:40 PM

What do you mean, the sequence changes? Do you mean Shadrack's charges have different results? They were always the same for me.

Or do you mean that the order he performs them in changes? If this is what you mean, I'm afraid there is no way around that. You just have to try to anticipate what's going to happen. It's somewhat easy to remember because his spinning charges equals using wind protection for Graham, and his "normal" charges equal water protection.

The lightning bolts he shoots are a little harder to anticipate. You just have to guess where it's going to land and have Graham dodge in the proper direction. My only way through that was just my best guess. Sometimes I got it right and others wrong, but at least the latter only caused Graham's health meter to decrease.

It was the rocking of the boat that was the most cruel because if Graham fell, that was it. No lowered health meter, Graham was just dead, and I had to start all over. As I've said, all you can do in this situation is just hover your mouse over the opposite directional arrow the boat is rocking and click it as quickly as you can once you have control. Be prepared to do this two or three times.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 07:48 PM

I was referring to the type of attacks that Shadrack uses change.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 08:24 PM

Wow what a cool ending...I wish I could figure out what it meant! lol

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 08:51 PM

Yeah, wasn't it great? grin It's too bad you have to go through all those hoops in order to get there. I think a skip option would have been good for those action sequences.

Glad you were able to make it through, finally! thumbsup

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 09:25 PM

Difficult action sequences ???? eek

A "skip" patch might be good if we could have one, then yes

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 09:40 PM

Mad, yes at the very end. There is as "Easy" option for the first one, but I still didn't find it all that easy. I'd try to get through them if you play, though, because the ending is worth seeing! As I said, I just wish they would have included a skip option for those of us who don't care for/aren't good at those sequences.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 10:59 PM

I think a nice added touch could have been for the developer to put an option in to replay the end scenes!
Posted By: Cesar

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 11:18 PM

Hey guys!

Cesar here, designer from The Silver Lining.

I apologize for those who found the arcade sequences a bit jarring. We wanted to try something different to raise the tension, but I guess some people just want their adventure games to be passive.

So I want to ask for some feedback on how we can improve this for you guys, because I do really want you to enjoy these sequences, and there's a planned one in episode 5. I don't want to add a skip button, I just want to design something that all adventure gamers can enjoy.

I've created a topic over at a forums for you to provide feedback on the topic. Please go here:

http://www.postudios.com/blog/forum/index.php?topic=11336.0

Also, here's a tip for the lightning attack: Look at the sky as the attack is taking place, the clue is there for which side to dodge.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 11:29 PM

Thanks for coming over Cesar.

If you check my last post, there is a suggestion there.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 11:31 PM

I'll go to the Forum for a looksee - but I have to admit to being disappointed about timed action sequences - and especially the prospect of more in Episode Five frown

I know that type of thing did appear in some of the early King's Quest games but I hated them then, too !! smashpc

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/09/11 11:36 PM

Hello Cesar.

That topic you opened is a nice idea. I'm sure many player will offer their suggestion.

Chief wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/10/11 10:08 AM

urock Nice job chief and venus! Where do you find the time! Thanks MaG to and love the new "gremlins"! urock
Posted By: ddmayo79

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/10/11 10:31 PM

The issue with not being able to save games is actually the access rights applied to the folder and subfolders of Phoenix Online. If you go to your my computer and click on the hard drive icon, go to program files, and then scroll down to the Phoenix Online folder, you right-click on the folder and go to properties, uncheck the "Read Only" box and apply it to the main folder and all the subfolders, it will allow you to write data and enable you to save your games. Make sure you have administrator rights with the user you're logged in as.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/10/11 11:37 PM

ddmayo79, welcome to GB and thank you for your comment.

I can only hope that it will help the players of the game having some problems with the saves. penguin

Chief wave

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/11/11 08:21 PM

Unless someone can tell me why the scroll isn't opening at the maze, I'm just going over to YouTube and watch the playthrough of the last episode. Evidently it's necessary for the conversation about the horn with the beast/king to take place or to find the place to dig.

I've had so much trouble with the game that I decided to follow the walkthrough exactly after Episode 3. I had downloaded the full install and in both E3 and E4 my cursor would abruptly slow to a crawl so I had to Very carefully work my way to Save and Quit. Reopening the game it would play normally but that happened a number of times. I wasn't able to see any cutscene at the end of E3 at all. Now this.

Urk.

Gil.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/11/11 09:00 PM

Traveler, since you have followed the WT, the scroll should open like it did for us.

There all sorts of problems about the install and many things said about it that it becomes difficult to see which is the better install and where to install the game.

At the Silver Lining Forum, someone suggested for those that get the scroll open but do not get the arrows at the bottom of the scroll to go to the boat, open the scroll and come back to the maze.
Maybe the scroll will open if you go back to the statue and exit again.

Please come back to tell us if this can work for you.

Chief wave

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/11/11 09:39 PM

Of course as soon as I complain, things work...sorta. I started over again from the boat but I didn't open the scroll there. The scroll opened later on but the page of text, I assume with the sisters names, was there and gone in a flash. Then the picture of the maze with an X appeared, the text showed up again very briefly and it went back to the ingredients list. So, I soldiered on since I'd gotten that much. The scroll didn't open again until I got the blood on the black rose. But I did get a prompt on where to dig though I would never have found either spot without your walkthrough's pictures to show me where to click.

I am so-o-o-o glad to be out of that maze! I was getting a tad impatient and I must have rammed Graham's head into it a dozen times. grin

Btw, I was cautious and installed in My Documents.

Gil.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/11/11 09:41 PM

Great. Have fun. penguin

Chief wave

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/11/11 09:42 PM

If I do, it will be thanks to you. smile

Gil.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/12/11 03:16 PM

Cesar, thanks for the tip about the lightning! That's helpful and something I admit I didn't notice. thumbsup As you can see by my avatar, I am really loving your game! No, I don't enjoy action sequences in general, but you can't please everyone all the time. smile The storyline is fantastic, and I love how you've added depth to the characters. I'm wondering how you're going to wrap it all up in episode 5. grin

Traveler, glad you got the game working again. Hope you don't run into any more problems! luck

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/12/11 06:58 PM

Hi Fellow Boomers. I'm trying to do the PANDORA'S BOX puzzle. I find that it "tis beyond my reach". If anybody has any clues as to how I can "beat" this elusive puzzle, I would appreciate getting that info. I've tried to do it on my own quite a few times, but "ALAS",I can't.
Sandy

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/12/11 07:50 PM

Sandy, except from saying that each symbol is made of four parts and that you will find a part in each of the circles, you will need much patience to do the puzzle. smirk

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/13/11 04:39 AM

Thanks and OK, Chief. I'll just keep at it. I'm sure that I WILL eventually solve the puzzle.HEY, I'm retired. I have all the time in the world smile
Sandy

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/17/11 05:00 AM

Well, fellow Boomers,
I finally finished the game. Although I "died" many times during the fight sequence, I started studying all the moves of Shadrack and I found that they were not "random" moves, so after awhile I was able to predict his patterns, and therefore I finally defeated that bad guy.It took a LOT of patience. What a BEAUTIFUL game, Cesar. The video, the sounds, and AMY'S comments were incredibly awesome. Now, I'm REALLY looking forward to Episode 5. "The best is yet to come."
Sandy

P.S. And lets not forget to give credit to the persons who wrote the WT. You all know who you are,so THANK YOU.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/17/11 01:55 PM

Sandy, great that you finished the game. urock

And indeed looking forward to episode 5.

Thanks about the WT.

Chief wave
Posted By: bootskitty

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/18/11 04:42 PM

Ok, I give up with the fight sequence. Are there ANY better tips for defeating Shadrack?
I first played King's Quest I in 1986 - I was 25 years younger then, and just beginning my adventuring. At my age now, I definitely DO NOT LIKE fight sequences like this.

Can anyone at least give me some hints such as use water, arrow left, arrow right, use fire, etc.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/18/11 05:01 PM

bootskitty, for the water sequence, look at the amulet: when the arrows drop on one side(where Graham slips to), you have time to click on the other one that is up.

When you want to attack, always use the Earth attack, keeping the Fire attack when he is almost defeated and you see green lights from his hands and turning around him.

As for the lightning, if Shadrack is on the left, dodge right by cliking the right arrow. If he is on the right, dodge left. The lightning coming from above is hard to predict on which side it will land. But you can afford to be hit a few times.

When you see him coming to you with smoke, use the Water defence. When he turn around on himself with smoke, use the Wind defence.

I hope these little extras will be of help.

Have fun.

Chief wave
Posted By: footprints

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/18/11 05:20 PM

Where can I get this game for purchase and download.

Thanks - Footprints

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/18/11 05:22 PM

footprints, it is a free game that we have posted at Free Games Galore..

HERE is the link to the Silver Lining site.

Have fun with the game. rah

Chief wave

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/18/11 06:38 PM

Thanks much for the tips. I look forward to trying yet again using them.

I so appreciate this web site for my adventure gaming hints.

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/19/11 02:52 PM

Chief,

I just want to say thank you thank you and thank you for your wonderful tips on fighting Shadrack in the final fight sequence. With that guidance, I was able to complete the game.

Thank heavens for Gameboomers. happydance

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/19/11 03:47 PM

Great that you completed the game. bravo penguin

Chief wave
Posted By: Cesar

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/25/11 06:38 AM

Originally Posted By: sanford
Well, fellow Boomers,
I finally finished the game. Although I "died" many times during the fight sequence, I started studying all the moves of Shadrack and I found that they were not "random" moves, so after awhile I was able to predict his patterns, and therefore I finally defeated that bad guy.It took a LOT of patience. What a BEAUTIFUL game, Cesar. The video, the sounds, and AMY'S comments were incredibly awesome. Now, I'm REALLY looking forward to Episode 5. "The best is yet to come."
Sandy

P.S. And lets not forget to give credit to the persons who wrote the WT. You all know who you are,so THANK YOU.

Thank you so much for your kind words. You guys are the reason why we work so hard to give you the best we can give! And, yes, you are right, the best is yet to come! Episode 5 will be very epic!

Also, Chief, I mentioned this previously. It's very easy to predict the lightning once you know what to look for (the hard part is realizing what that hint is). It's not dependent on Shadrack's position, its dependent on the green clouds in the sky and where they show. Regardless of what side you are on, if they light on the right side of the screen, you have to dodge to the left, if they appear on the left side of the screen, you have to dodge right. Hope that helps smile

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/25/11 02:42 PM

Cesar, thank you again for the information on the lightning attack. thanks

I did replay that sequence but did not realize about the green clouds. duh

And I uninstalled the game a few days ago but kept the saves. smirk

Chief wave

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/28/11 05:08 PM

We have edited the attack sequence at the end of the game after replaying it and adding the info givin by Cesar in this topic.

Thank you MaG for editing the WT.

The Silver Lining Walkthrough

Have fun. penguin

Chief wave

Posted By: MaG

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/28/11 05:11 PM

Thanks, Chief! penguin

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 11/28/11 06:32 PM

Thank You Chief and MaG !!!! penguin urock penguin

Re: The Silver Lining Episode 4 walkthrough by Chief & Venus is posted - 12/01/11 09:08 PM

Cesar, thanks for the valuable tips on the lightning attack; they really helped improve our walkthrough! praise

Chief, it looks good! thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community