Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/29/08 08:45 PM

Thanks, Wael.

Click here for the Frogwares store.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/29/08 08:54 PM

Wonderful news! thumbsup
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 12:19 AM

I am downloading it now. I do hope this is in English, it is right?

EDIT................................
Help! I bought the download at frogware and started setup to download it and it is asking for disk 2 but of course there are no disks. What do I do now? Haven't even begun to download the game yet. Any help would be appreciated feeling very confused right now.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 01:01 AM

See if you can contact: techsupport@frogwares.com

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 01:33 AM

Doing it now MaG,Thanks this is what I get for my not being patient and waiting for Dave to get the game instock. LOL.

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 03:14 PM

There's now a demo for Dracula: Origin, available here.

Thanks Chief!

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 03:34 PM

Hi Becky, I am waiting for tech support to get back with me after buying the download version the activation code isn't working. I decided to check out the demo at the link you said, but it says "you do not have permission to download this file"
anyone else getting this, or am I just getting singled out? lol

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 03:51 PM

Well that's odd! I've never been denied permission to download a demo before.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 03:58 PM

I just went there...I had no problem..

You have to click on the Download now Icon...
Posted By: kjos

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 04:02 PM

I'm downloading the demo now, no problem's.
Richard

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 05:07 PM

hmm this is strange, trying again. Thanks for your comments. Sooner or later I look forward to playing this game with you.
Posted By: Mary

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 05:52 PM

I was just denied access to download the demo. Do you need to be a member to download?

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 07:23 PM

Mary

I was just at the site again to download again...You don't have to be a member..Click on the Box that is orange with white letters that says ...Download Now..

I am not having a problem at all duh
Posted By: Chief

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 07:26 PM

Mary, you do not need to be a member to download. Very strange!!!

You can try this LINK

Chief wave

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 09:49 PM

Just to let you know I never did get permission from frontfiles the link that you recommended Becky. Glad I am not alone and someone else experienced this access denied, and yes I did click on the download box. However I am now downloading dracula origin demo from the link that Chief supplied. Thanks Chief. Also one word of caution I purchased and downloaded Dracula from www.frogwares.com site and have been repeatedly emailing them and telling them the activation number they gave me is not working even though I copied and pasted what they gave me. Very frustrating when you pay for something and not get what you paid for. I cllck on the game launcher and put in the numbers hit enter, but the NEXT box does not give me an option to proceed. The NEXT box stays grey and nothing else happens until I cancel it. So until Frogwares gives me an answer I at least hopefully will be able to sample it with the demo. One bit of bright news Dave from Interact sent me notice since I preordered Dracula Origin it has been sent and should arrive in 7 days. LOL I will have a download and a CD also.

now playing....casual games..thats why I am bored but in 7 days I Won't be. LOL
Posted By: RatonDepeligro

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 09:59 PM

I'm down loading the demo now, 11% as I post yay

Can't wait to play this one scared

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 10:08 PM

Sherryah...

I know its very frustrating...I am sure you will get some info on the download purchase soon..

So sorry this happened to you..Maybe you will get your credit card credited for the amount you paid...

luck

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 10:36 PM

That is so sweet of you Darleen for your compassion. I will be joining in the hunt for Dracula eventually. For now I am 88 percent downloaded for the demo, at least I will be able to play a sample of it. I will request a refund also if someone at frogware doesn't help me quickly. Ah if only more game companies would care about their customers more than their profits. LOL, Ok I just woke up from dreaming, game companies like that are few and far between. Big hugs from Ireland
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/30/08 10:49 PM

Sherryah, it is the middle of the night at Frogwares. If they work weekends they will answer tomorrow. They are a very attentive Developer and they will help during business hours. Things happen beyond other peoples control and it is not fair to speak ill of them because you needed something when they were closed.

Ana

Posted By: Phoebe

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/31/08 12:09 AM

Thanks for the wonderful news

Love Maria hearts
Posted By: Trisha

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/31/08 12:28 AM

Hello I bought the download version from frogwares and I can't figure out what it means when it says to insert discs I have no idea what to do does anyone know pleae help Thank you Trisha

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/31/08 12:28 AM

Hi Ana, I have tried all day, before they closed. Just to let you know and someone wrote me back and said most likely no one would contact me until Monday, because of the weekend. Playing the demo and really impressed with the voice and way the character moves.
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/31/08 01:00 AM

Hi All.. I bought the download as well and mine plays just fine. Activation Code works well. Trisha I had the same message about inserting discs but then there should be three options, cancel, activation, try again, or something like that. Just press activation and enter the code they gave you. I didn't copy and paste Sherryah I entered the code manually. I don't know if that helpsyou and you probably already tried that...but just thought I would mention it. I have started playing and although I'm not very far, I think I'm going to love it. Already stuck though so will have to spend some time trying to figure it out. : )

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/31/08 01:05 AM

Hi Sly One, please tell me how did you enter the activation manually? I have vista 32.

EDIT...................
Sly did you enter the activation code by the launch Dracula on the desktop? Any help would be appreciated hubby got this for me as a gift, cause I couldn't wait for it to come in the postal. It will be a frustrating weekend if I don't figure out how to get the game to accept the activation code. I thought copy and paste would prevent any mistakes, should I not do that?
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/31/08 01:25 AM

I did in fact enter from the launch on the desk top. I find copy and pasting activation codes does not work for me so I just entered the numbers/letters in manually with the keyboard instead a copy and paste and it worked just fine when i entered it. It will ask if your connected to internet and then find server and then your activated. I hope you can get it to work Sherryah because I think it's going to be a good game...as I said I'm only at the beginning but I got a really good feeling about it so far. Keep me informed and let me know if you get it running before Monday.
Posted By: Trisha

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/31/08 01:46 AM

Sly One I am at the begining of the downloading I clicked on the first download which is actually the setuop for installation and now I am downloading the second one on the list what I need to know is after these have downloaded how do I do it to install this game I am totally confused Please help me. Trisha

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/31/08 06:22 AM

I finished the demo and it is not a short demo really lots of fun. Sly one I owe you a big hug of gratitude because when I wrote that my activation had not worked even after reinstalling twice, doing all I knew to do. Finally after finishing the demo I tried your suggestion and that is to put in the serial numbers by typing them not copying and pasting them. I thought to myself this is silly always I copy and paste activation codes so there will be no mistakes. Lo and behold, if you could see me now because I followed your suggestion, when not even the tech support knew why it wouldn't work, the activation code worked and now I can play the downloaded full version. Lesson to be learned for others if the activation code doesn't work by copying and pasting, take the time and type it in. Sly one was right. Thank you again!

Trisha, all 3 files have to be put in the same folder. Read carefully the instructions that came with your activation number. I had to read the instructions more than once. I suggest you type in the activation code not copy and paste it, because what sly one said is true, the copy and paste doesn't always work. It took me 24 hours to figure out what tech support didn't tell me. LOL and I owe it all to Sly One.
Posted By: Pirate_Hunter

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 10:35 AM

Quote:
if the activation code doesn't work by copying and pasting, take the time and type it in

Some inputs count spaces as well so if you add just one empty space they report it as an error. Do not double click, just select it with mouse cursor.

---------
There is one problem with demo and I guess with the full game as well. I can select widescreen resolutions in options but I still have only 800x600 game screen with vertical black bars. It is sad that some developers still work with 800x600 resolution introduced with Windows in 1993. Just for the record, you can't buy any fullscreen monitors today. I'm skipping this game for good.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 11:50 AM

Just a little aside here. Dave (from Interact) is now shipping this game. Mine is in the post. devilchili

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 03:41 PM

Happy Hunting Sherryah.

Trisha how are you doing? Did you get it downloaded okay?
Posted By: RatonDepeligro

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 07:53 PM

Word to the wise (& thrifty)... at the end of the demo there is a link to download and buy the full game from Focus Interactive for $39.99 USD. If you go to The Adventure Co. site you can buy it on DVD for $19.99 USD + shipping. BUT if you have the patience to download from Frogwares (3 hours on broadband), you can get it for $16.71 USD !!! smile

Re: Dracula - Origin - 05/31/08 08:06 PM

Sherryah ..So Happy for you

Hi, RatonDepeligro Welcome to GB's...Thanks for that info..
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 05/31/08 09:26 PM

In this thread at the justadventure forum there is a link to a somewhat short review of the game

http://justadventure.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1212110754

There is also a link to the download for the demo

at strategy informer
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/draculaorigin/demo/24194.html

Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 12:40 AM

Mine is on the way too from Dave. Happy! Happy! bravo monky
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 03:35 PM

Wow
I just finished playing the demo. What a beautiful looking and fabulous game. I was just really getting into it and the demo ended. I can't wait to get ahold of this game. It seems to be perfect in every way that I like.

Cathy bravo

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 09:58 PM

I don't know if my demo download is corrupted? but I can't seem to save in the demo? Meanwhile I'm getting the dreaded 'I do't seem to have investigated everything yet' from Professor Harker, but I think I have found everything out, looked at every stone and turned every corner - even looked around some, too laugh

Anyway, from just playing the first 10-20 minutes of this demo, I have to say that this looks like another 'must have' game. It is also nice that the interface from the Sherlock Holmes games are kept, I find.

Posted By: marie

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 10:11 PM

I don't believe you can save in the demo, at least I couldn't either.
You need to go to the window, forward screen and click on it and draw some red lines, check your documents for clues.

I have finished the demo, great game so far and and nice puzles. I have the game on preorder, and I can't wait to continue.

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/01/08 10:49 PM

marie

You are right...You can't save on the demo.. duh
Posted By: cazziejoe

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/02/08 02:28 AM

I can't get it to run. I click on the icon but nothing happens

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/02/08 02:42 AM

Is this the demo or the full game?
Try opening it using the application (.exe) inside the Dracula folder.
If still not working, please post at Glitches forum. luck

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/02/08 07:06 AM

Thanks for letting me know how to go forward in the demo for this game smile Does anyone know why a company won't let save in the demo ? (Maybe an incentive to buy the full game ?)

I mean, I don't have as much time as I have 5 years ago to just sit down for 2-3 hours straight (or more) to play the demo for a game.

Anyway, I have found the clues....without the use of a walkthrough...so thanks again for helping me little further in the demo for this game.

Does anyone know if this game is out in the UK or Scandinavia ?

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/02/08 07:35 AM

Karsten -- as far as I know, this game hasn't been released in the UK yet. Play.com is showing a June 6 release date, but I don't know how accurate that is.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/02/08 08:03 PM

Mailman just delivered mine today from Dave. Installing it now.
Richard
Posted By: Vaeli

Re: Dracula - Origin - 06/02/08 08:10 PM

Hi all..

I just bought the full version of this game at my local Walmart, for 19.99. I'm still at the beginning stages, but so far it looks like an incredible game! The graphics are outstanding.
Posted By: Howard the Doc

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 06/03/08 10:33 AM

When I tried to dnld the demo I got "No site entries found for filefront.com:80"

Wah wah wah

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 06/03/08 12:16 PM

Howard,

Try again here and see. I got through.

Re: Dracula: Origin available as download - 06/06/08 03:11 PM

There's new material on the Dracula: Origin website that might be of interest -- these character profiles, for instance, and more details about the story.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community