GB HOMEPAGE

Still Life 2 , demo out (French) and (English)

Posted By: Belgar

Still Life 2 , demo out (French) and (English) - 04/17/09 03:44 PM

For those interested;

http://www.clubic.com/demo-jeux-video-10002-0-still-life-2.html

Posted By: Chief

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 04:29 PM

Belgar, at the beginning of the Install, does this Demo offers the possibility of a choice of language, including English?

Chief
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 04:33 PM

HI Chief
I'm assuming you read French.Could you tell me what the description says when you click on the above link ?

cathy

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 04:38 PM

Install can be done in several languages but the in-game is in French.

Cathy, click the link "demo jouable #1", then click the red box "lancer le téléchargement" and it should start downloading.

There is a lengthy intro in French that sets the morbid tone of the game, and then a good game sequence. I liked it a lot, especially the limited space to carry objects that need to be stored is a nice feature.
Posted By: SkeeterUK

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 04:58 PM

http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=61804

Not sure if it is the same download but someone posted about this saying its multi language demo.

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 05:00 PM

Have you tried it Skeeter ?
Posted By: SkeeterUK

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 05:02 PM

Nope.

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 05:14 PM

Both demos are the same size. Over a gig. I noticed that your link Skeeter says at the top of it that it is an multilanguage demo. Mmmm.
Posted By: Chief

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 05:20 PM

Sorry, had some errands to do.

If you download and install from Skeeter's link, you will get the possibility to INSTALL the game in English and play in English.

The link from Clubic being a French one, they probably gave the link of the French demo

Have fun.

Chief wave
Posted By: JMartin

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 05:21 PM

i just played the demo and it's english

everyone interested in this game should check it out

its a short demo that lets you play as paloma not vic

but lets you get a little feel to the game

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 05:33 PM

Thanks Chief and JMartin for the info I was looking for.

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 06:16 PM

Glad to hear everyone will get to enjoy the demo in their native language.
I was a little disappointed in the graphics. I thought after that much time they would have tried to improve some of the characters and backgrounds, some looked really to blocky.

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 06:26 PM

Yeah, maybe the whole 3D thing didn't come out as well as they had hoped.

EDIT:

It can now be downloaded from WorthPlaying..

http://www.worthdownloading.com/download.php?gid=3427&id=18569

EDIT 2

It's now on GamersHell as well

http://www.gamershell.com/download_43798.shtml
Posted By: Becky

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 07:39 PM

HI JMartin -- I combined your stacked posts! Thanks for the info. thumbsup

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 07:54 PM

Wow
Just finished the demo. Well I've decided that I will be getting this game. The demo was short but left me wanting more. I noticed that on the credits it says there is a Mac version. If I understood correctly. It only took 50 minutes to download the whopping 1 gig demo. Surprised me for sure. The graphics left a lot to be desired but I got over it quickly. The plays the thing as they say. The music was eerie and got my heart pounding. I like the idea that you can watch the cinematics as many times as you like. Enjoy the demo boomers. I think it's worth the time it will take to download it. The whole demo played in english. I never checked out what other languages there might be.

Cathy bravo

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 08:01 PM

Glad you enjoyed it, I did as well. It's quite suspenseful and the music fits in well. Interesting they decided to use the Paloma kidnapping as the demo and not one with Vic, since that's who everyone is coming back for.

Posted By: Lynnypoo2

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 09:37 PM

Hi Cathy1
Just finished downloading the demo and i trust your judgement in games. We are alot alike. Can't wait to check it out. Thanks for the review. Going to play it now and i'll have my scoop about it afterwards.

Lynnypoo2 broccoli
Posted By: venus

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/17/09 11:13 PM

Thanks for the links! I am downloading it. thumbsup

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/18/09 02:15 AM

Hi Lynn
It is a very good game from the demo. CYE.

Cathy wave
Posted By: Lynnypoo2

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/18/09 02:58 AM

Cathy1, you were right. I loved the demo. Didn't mind the graphics at all. The chests where you keep things in remind me of Resident Evil games. Really cool Demo. I would definetly buy this game. Can't wait till August when it is released. Finally figured everything out. I give it a 10.

Lynnypoo2 thumbsup
Posted By: pussycat221

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/18/09 04:00 PM

Thanks, Belgar smile
Posted By: +Oblivion+

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/19/09 03:00 AM

I played the demo yesterday and thought it was actually pretty interesting. I haven't actually played the first, but so far I like the story and the characters.

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/19/09 03:55 AM

The first one is a must play also. That was an excellent game.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/19/09 04:18 AM

Downloading as we speak! From the previous posts this should be fun smile

Spyros
Posted By: Becky

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/19/09 12:56 PM

I've gathered that some postings by people who are playing the German version that the story line from Post Mortem will also be a bit of a factor in Still Life 2.

Those who plan to play Still Life 2 as soon as it releases might want to play Post Mortem and Still Life again now, so as to be fully and completely and thoroughly prepared for Still Life 2. grin
Posted By: olgeezer

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/19/09 02:55 PM

I'm kind of surprised about the reaction to the demo here. Over at a different AG site, most people don't like it. At all. They seem to think the move to 3D is a bad one and lots of complaining about the animations and graphics in general. Many are saying that the story takes second place to the puzzles, and they won't be purchasing the game when it's released in the states.

Personally I found the demo very intriguing and although the graphics not the latest and greatest, good enough for me. As to the story I hope there're wrong about that as that's really the only reason I play AG's.
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/20/09 02:49 AM

Ive just installed the demo and played it a few minutes (its late). Th graphics and animation do indeed look very ametuerish although the cut-scenes look ok. Microids must have been a bit shocked when this was turned over to them given the expectation that has built up for this sequal. It also seems to suffer from the dreaded sluggish mouse cursor syndrome (anyone else have this?). I`ll have proper go at it tomorrow.
Posted By: zman

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/20/09 10:02 PM

Finished the demo. Looking forward to playing the full version when it comes out. Didn't mind the graphics, but Paloma sure walked really slowly during one scene.
Posted By: Mary

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/21/09 04:55 PM

When I go to download the demo and I'm given a choice of several countries to download from, must I use the U.S. choices, or can I download from any site? I see some of the other countries have faster downloading (if I'm reading correctly) and wonder if there's any reason I shouldn't use them?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/21/09 05:05 PM

Mary, I use the fastest one.

ana wave
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/21/09 05:52 PM

I also use the one which is less occupied than the others, i don't know what the problem is though, i have tried from 3 different places and they all time out at 1.02 GB (99%). I still haven't been able to download it. frown
Posted By: Mary

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/21/09 09:42 PM

Thanks, Ana, that's what I'll do. I really enjoyed the original Still Life and am looking forward to the sequel. I'll give the demo a try!
Posted By: Perry-Rhodan

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/30/09 07:23 PM

Just got email now from Microids said that Still Life 2 will be officialy release at the 8 of may 2009 .

It will be possible to buy and download from microids shop online and its now on pre prder .

Thats great news two games in the 8 of may : Secret files 2 and still life 2 smile

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/30/09 10:02 PM

hmmmmmmm
Posted By: jody319

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/30/09 10:11 PM

German language release only...so I cry!

Or am I wrong...please let me be wrong!

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/30/09 10:18 PM

Interesting they are looking for $30 when other adventure games being released lately, that are arguably "better," are only $20.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Still Life 2 , demo out (French) - 04/30/09 10:19 PM

The English release (download) is scheduled for June and the retail in August.

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community