GB HOMEPAGE

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 02:47 PM

Hi-Res Remake of Adventure Game Masterpiece Comes to PC & Mac Today with New Puzzles, Scenes, and Remastered Soundtrack

Check out the screens here.

Quote:
Mount Joy, Penn. – October 15th, 2014 – Pinkerton Road Studio today announced that Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® 20th Anniversary Edition (www.GabrielKnight20th.com) has shipped for PC and Mac, and is now available for purchase online for $19.99 from major online retailers such as Steam, GOG.com and the Phoenix Online Store. Gorgeous high-res 3D graphics, new playable puzzles/scenes, a remastered soundtrack, and exclusive behind-the-scenes bonuses from concept art and storyboards to making-of interviews are just a few of many captivating new features to be found in this brand-new edition of the award-winning classic, which critics consistently rank among the best games of all time.

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition builds upon and greatly enhances one of gaming’s most storied adventures, reimagining the groundbreaking voodoo murder mystery, first released in 1993, for an entirely new generation of fans. Allowing players to experience the award-winning tale through the lens of a stunning visual makeover, and adding entirely new backgrounds and puzzles, it offers a must-see mix of new and familiar challenges alike.

Key Features:
• Relive one of gaming’s greatest adventures of all-time
• Experience the award-winning voodoo murder-mystery in stunning high-res 3D
• Adds new puzzles and scenes to familiar challenges
• Includes remastered soundtrack by original composer Robert Holmes
• Enjoy special extras and bonus edition content

As struggling author and bookstore owner Gabriel Knight, players will investigate a series of savage ritual killings in New Orleans and their connection to voodoo’s sinister mysteries. The deeper they dive into master storyteller Jane Jensen’s tale of terror and suspense, the closer they’ll come to discovering the secrets of Gabriel’s family history–and unfolding his destiny.

As part of a special launch celebration, publisher Pinkerton Road Studios and developer Phoenix Online are hosting a Launch Day Google Hangout at www.youtube.com/POStudios today at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific/7 PM GMT. More information can be found at www.GabrielKnight20th.com.

Pinkerton Road and Phoenix Online have been leading up to the game’s launch with a 10 Days of Gabriel Knight Countdown, featuring screenshots, music and free content downloads, including a new Gabriel Knight short story, “The Temptation”, the first official addition to the Schattenjäger’s story since 1999’s Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned. Fans can catch up on the various releases and activities here:

• 10 Days of Gabriel Knight Countdown here.

• "The Temptation" short story by Jane Jensen here.

• The Gabriel Knight Blog Series: A look at the story, gameplay, features, history and more of Gabriel Knight: here.

• Rediscover the Adventure Webseries: A webseries about the adventure and storytelling genre, featuring leading adventure game designers and industry experts: here.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 02:57 PM

Still says 3 hours on Steam for me (in the UK)
Posted By: Marian

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 03:20 PM

Thanks, Ana. Today is the day! thumbsup
Posted By: venus

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 03:24 PM

Thanks, Ana. happydance I got my GOG key, but so far it's not showing up in my library. Usually, even if a game isn't released yet, it shows up so the extras can be downloaded. Oh, well, downloading my Phoenix key in the meantime. lol I'll e-mail support if it hasn't shown up by the time it's out.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 03:26 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup

My GOG version is showing in my Library but is still listed as "soon".

Not a problem .... I can wait !! lol

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 03:43 PM

It should be available soon. They may not do it until the official launch times: 2pm Eastern time, 11 am Pacific, 7pm GMT
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 03:47 PM

Hi, Ana!

Thanks for the heads up. I can't believe that I'm so excited about a game I played over 20 years ago, but I'm really looking forward to visiting New Orleans again.

I pre-ordered with GoG, so I'll check this afternoon to see if the download is available.

Susan
Posted By: oldman

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 03:59 PM

I just got my key and am downloading as I type this. It is available form GOG, Steam and Phoenix online Store. I chose to download mine from Phoenix

I'm really anxious to start playing it.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 04:03 PM

Mine still isn't showing up in my library. sad Looks like I'll have to e-mail them.

In the meantime, I've started the Phoenix version, and got a nice surprise when watching the credits. Dr. John is played by Dave Fennoy, a.k.a. Lee from The Walking Dead. rah I thought that sounded like his voice in the beta. He's such a fantastic voice actor and perfect for that part. happydance
Posted By: kjos

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 04:34 PM

Just started to download mine from steam. All I can say is WOW.
Richard
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 04:37 PM

What is the download size?

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 04:51 PM

Mine was 1.8 GB.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 04:52 PM

Hi, Richard!

I just checked GoG and it's still not available for download. I'll check later this afternoon. You'll have to post your first impressions since you'll probably be playing shortly.

Susan

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 04:58 PM

What a difference really looks great. Really did a good makeover on the game. Everything looks real. I really just start the game.
Richard
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 06:10 PM

Thanks Venus smile

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 06:11 PM

The game is in my GOG library now. happydance Looks like it was just a delayed reaction after all. smile
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 06:47 PM

I had the same problem with the download not showing up in my GOG library until I checked their Forum. Use this link to refresh your Account and it should show up. I already downloaded the game from GOG and it was super fast.

https://www.gog.com/account/refresh

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 06:57 PM

Thanks, GreyFuss. The game already showed up for me, and I've downloaded it, so I'm good. smile Maybe it will help someone else who is having the same problem, however. thumbsup

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/15/14 07:14 PM

Hi, Venus!

The game still isn't in my Library ... just the bonus content. I'll give it a little while longer and then contact GoG.

Susan

Updated to add that, after refreshing my account twice, it finally showed up and is now downloading.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/16/14 04:38 PM

Downloaded and installed.
And Wow !!
For me, that voice and that music never fails to excite !!
broccoli broccoli broccoli
Posted By: Billy the Kid 64

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/16/14 07:02 PM

will the walkthrough that is in your system still work for the 20th edition?

also will the game play in full screen? and how do I get it if it does?

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/16/14 07:36 PM

Un check the windowed box at the start of the game. You will get a full screen. The old WT won't work for the new game.
Richard
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/17/14 06:50 AM

The old walkthrough should work - most times. There are some scenes moved between days and some puzzles changed, but mostly everything is still there!
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/17/14 08:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Susie07
Hi, Venus!

The game still isn't in my Library ... just the bonus content. I'll give it a little while longer and then contact GoG.

Susan

Updated to add that, after refreshing my account twice, it finally showed up and is now downloading.

Susie!!!! Check Greyfuss' post above yours. Log into your account at gog then click on his refresh link. The game should appear in your library at that point.

I had the same problem as Grey wrote gog support they told me to do that. They added if that did not work to contact them. Well I had found that link before hearing from them and it worked.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/17/14 01:04 PM

I pre-ordered the game from GoG - it's available but boo hoo! I haven't got time until at least next week to play! cry
Posted By: DaveHT

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/17/14 02:13 PM

Has anyone checked out the review posted on Strategy Informer?

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/gabri...438/review.html

I felt completely blindsided by this. Did not at all expect such negativity toward this remake?

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/17/14 03:22 PM

Given the current situation with "gamergate". This review does not surprise me. I think he's just trying to jump on the whole situation.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/17/14 06:17 PM

Thanks for the reply

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/17/14 07:32 PM

Actually, the writer's political correctness gets in the way when he accuses Jensen of conducting a war on women. I couldn't finish this poor me, I'm offend rant. Did Donnelly raise the racism flag too?

"You see, Grabriel Knight is, well, a bit of a dick. He’s a sexist and a misogynist," and "Best Game Moment: When Gabriel Knight isn’t in conversation."

(Correction Mr. Donnelly should have said, (When Gabriel Knight isn’t in the conversation.)

Poor Joe, was so offended he couldn't type straight. I hope he did not wet himself when his sensibilities were bruised.
Posted By: DaveHT

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/17/14 10:42 PM

I agree.

It saddens me that the reviewer chooses to cloud his judgment about the game simply because he disagrees with the moral of a character.

It is like criticizing Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby as a novel because a critic does not like Jay Gatsby as a flawed character because of his criminal past or his manipulative personality with Nick and Daisy.

Shows a complete lack of basic understanding of the skills of being a media critic.

Originally Posted By: oldmariner
Actually, the writer's political correctness gets in the way when he accuses Jensen of conducting a war on women. I couldn't finish this poor me, I'm offend rant. Did Donnelly raise the racism flag too?

"You see, Grabriel Knight is, well, a bit of a dick. He’s a sexist and a misogynist," and "Best Game Moment: When Gabriel Knight isn’t in conversation."

(Correction Mr. Donnelly should have said, (When Gabriel Knight isn’t in the conversation.)

Poor Joe, was so offended he couldn't type straight. I hope he did not wet himself when his sensibilities were bruised.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/20/14 07:19 PM

I just received an email from Phoenix Online Studios that there is an update but there was no information as to what the update entailed. I have to download the whole game to get the update so am downloading as I type this. I assume, as in past updates, that my saves will still be good but just in case am backing them up. Maybe I don't know where to look but I can't find any info on the update other than the email I got.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/20/14 08:11 PM

Ugh !! Having to re-download the whole game seems rather extreme eek

[I download from GOG but haven't seen anything similar yet.]

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/21/14 03:18 AM

Mad

I downloaded it from GOG on day 1. There has been no glitches, patched needed, nothing at all. The game behaved beautifully. I just posted my review of the game here.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/21/14 04:00 PM

Any plans for a walk-through for this updated version? Thank you very much.

Spyros

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/21/14 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: oldmariner
Mad

I downloaded it from GOG on day 1. There has been no glitches, patched needed, nothing at all. The game behaved beautifully. I just posted my review of the game here.

Ooooh !! Thanks for that good news, oldmariner.

I, too, downloaded the game from GOG so hopefully mine will be fine also thumbsup
Posted By: Norma

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/21/14 05:19 PM

I preordered the game from Phoenix Online and then had to download it from Steam. Confusing to do it that way but I love the game and there have been no problems so far.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/21/14 05:27 PM

Butcher,

I am playing it at the moment and vacation, sick puppies and life gets in the way. Slow going at the moment.
Will get with it asap. smile
Posted By: ErnestineZ

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/21/14 05:33 PM

Thanks MaG........................That's the best news I've had all day. Will put my game aside and wait for the walkthrough. That way I will enjoy the game the way I thought I would.

Some day I must find out how you can use a video walkthrough while your in the middle of a game.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/21/14 05:41 PM

Sick puppies and vacation always get priorities MaG. hearts

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/21/14 05:47 PM

Great MaG will wait no matter how long it takes. thanks
Richard

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/22/14 09:25 AM

Well I finished it and am very happy with this remake. It has been so long since I played the original that it was almost like playing a new game. There were some moments of nostalgia. I thought they did a really good job in updating this game and, as was previously said, I am tempted to go on to GK 2 since I have it in my GOG games.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/22/14 05:41 PM

That's good to hear, oldman thumbsup

Having been forewarned of slight changes and new inclusions I intend to play this game as more of a "stand alone" and not treat it solely as a remake of the original yes

The original IS still my favourite Adventure of all time and I'm pretty darn sure I will enjoy this latest version too dance
Posted By: Tristy

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/22/14 10:36 PM

I just started playing the game today, and am very impressed! There are a few slight differences so far, which only add to the game. But it still feels very much like the original, in a good way. I was most worried about the new voice-acting. But it's great so far. Many of the voices actually still sound very similar, which is comforting. I love it so far, and hope this revitalizes this series and allows Jane Jensen to finish the series with one last game! I want to see what happens with Gabriel and Grace. happydance

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/23/14 12:58 AM

That sounds really good, Tristy - have fun! wave

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/23/14 05:01 PM

Spyros, Ernestine, Richard and Barry,

The walkthrough is now posted here.

Hope it helps.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/23/14 05:25 PM

You rock MaG!
Posted By: ErnestineZ

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/23/14 06:33 PM

Thank you ................Thank you ................Thank you ................!

I'm off to play my game!

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/23/14 10:48 PM

lol Have fun Ernestine.

flowers Ana.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/24/14 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: MaG
Spyros, Ernestine, Richard and Barry,

The walkthrough is now posted here.

Hope it helps.

Thank you very much, hopefully I won't need it, but it's good to have it in case I get stuck. laugh
Posted By: Imari

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/25/14 08:40 PM

Thanks for the walkthrough, MaG. No I feel it's safe to go back in the water. razz

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/26/14 05:26 PM

Thanks for the walkthrough MaG.
Posted By: gillann

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/28/14 07:30 PM

Where can the game be purchased? I checked Amazon, but it wasn't available.
Thanks!

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/28/14 07:33 PM

It can be purchased as a download from Phoenix Online Studios, GOG, or Steam.
Posted By: gillann

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 10/28/14 09:44 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 11/03/14 09:43 PM

Re-playing this GK1 is a great thrill and I'm enjoying it immensely. Even after playing it 20 years ago ( scared scared ) - it's like a "new" game today. Beautifully redone !!

Ok - now how about GK2 and GK3 ? I didn't find any comments anywhere if these were going to be re-mastered too.

How about it Jane J -- please please. wink

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 11/03/14 09:57 PM

Hi, sureshot!

I finished GK1 on the weekend and loved every minute of it. It's surprising how much one can remember from 21 years ago, but that's not always a good thing because I spent a lot of time going back and forth looking for the beignet vendor in the park. Eventually, I discovered that there was no beignet vendor in the park this time around, so I had to come up with Plan B lol . What I didn't remember was the amount of dialog, but the storyline and character development more than made up for it.

Jane Jensen and her team did an amazing job remastering this classic and, like you, I'm hoping she'll do the same with GK2 and GK3. Of course, I would much rather see a GK4 because we were left hanging, but I'll settle for a remastered GK2 and GK3.

Susan

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 11/03/14 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: sureshot

Ok - now how about GK2 and GK3 ? I didn't find any comments anywhere if these were going to be re-mastered too.

How about it Jane J -- please please. wink

They have stated that it all depends on how well this remake is received to see if the interest is there to possibly make a GK 4 or remaster the others.

Ana wave
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 11/04/14 05:18 AM

It would be very difficult to remake GK2 - to make new videos with new actors would be very expensive, and FMV adventures are out of fashion now. As well as 'full 3D' like in GK3. So Jane Jensen said she has a thought of remaking GK2 and GK3 in the same style as GK1 '20th Anniversary Edition'...
However I would definitely prefer her making a completely new GK4 instead of that. And yes, she said she has some ideas about that too, depending on how this remake would sell.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 11/04/14 02:54 PM

Well I hope that the 20th Anniversary issue does do well - I too would like to see GK4 ( and GK2 GK3 -- if possible ). I didn't remember the game details as well as Susie07 did, but I did remember not liking the dialog tree; but the game was so good otherwise that it became one of my classic favorites regardless.

Too bad about FMV games being "out of fashion", Yoomurjak's Ring, and good ole Tex Murphy are true GEMS to me.

I can't imagine GK4 not doing well - I hope we get a chance to see it. thumbsup

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 11/04/14 07:11 PM

"So Jane Jensen said she has a thought of remaking GK2 and GK3 in the same style as GK1 '20th Anniversary Edition'... "

How fabulous THAT would be !! broccoli I'd be first in the queue for both !! broccoli

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 11/05/14 05:37 PM

Count ME in too! bravo

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father's® 20th Anniversary Edition Available Now - 11/05/14 10:20 PM

Yurii, I agree

Quote:
It would be very difficult to remake GK2 - to make new videos with new actors would be very expensive, and FMV adventures are out of fashion now.

I thought the terrible graphics and the sluggishness in movement of GK3 took away a great deal of enjoyment from that game. I enjoyed GK2 thinking the historical research Jensen put into GK2 made it an outstanding game. There were times where she blended history with historical fiction so well you were forced to hit the books to see what was actual and what was made up. That is a sign of a great writer.

To remake the games in a similar fashion as the new version of GK1 would definitely be an improvement.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community