GB HOMEPAGE

Rest in Peace Jenny100

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 12:30 AM

It is with a heavy heart that I report that Jenny100 lost her battle with cancer. She will be sorely missed here. Jenny's brother has been a godsend to her, caring for her for months. She tried till the end to help out here as best she could, always concerned about things she could no longer do.

I am Jenny's brother. Sadly, Jenny passed away on 3/24/21. She gradually became ill last year, with increasing problems with headaches and nausea. She didn't want to go to a doctor because of the COVID situation. By September she was getting pretty bad. She was having trouble thinking clearly, and she would have bouts of weakness that could cause her to fall. I finally decided to call 911, even though she didn't want me to. They took her to the hospital, where the doctors discovered she had a very large tumor in her brain. They promptly operated to remove it and get the pressure off her brain, but there was also a small tumor that was in a very sensitive part of her brain. So they used radiation to try to zap the small one, and some more general radiation to try to clean up after the big one. It turned out the tumors weren't made of brain cells. These were secondary tumors, and there were others in her lungs, spine, etc.

Our mother also had cancer, and chose to aggressively fight it with chemo. She ended up dying sooner and more painfully due to the chemo. So Jenny totally refused any chemo. Unfortunately, that didn't avoid pain. She had a lot of back pain that was only partially controlled with meds, and she had nausea that was never really controlled, with various nausea meds either not doing anything, or in some cases even making the nausea worse.

Jenny's final few posts here at GameBoomers were a really heroic effort, considering the shape she was in when she made them. It shows how much she cared about her friends at GameBoomers, and how determined she was to be with them as long as she could.

Rest in peace Jenny..... hearts
I can't thank you enough for all your help here and making GB a wonderful place.

Ana
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 12:48 AM

Such sad news. Rest in peace, Jenny..
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 12:49 AM

Oh know! I knew something was not right with her going back a ways to some of her posts in the Covid thread. It seemed there was more on her mind.

I am very sorry to hear this news!

My condolences go out to her brother and other family and friends!

RIP Jenny!!!
Posted By: copper

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 12:49 AM

So very sorry to hear this.

Jenny100 will be missed by many.

Rest in peace.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 01:24 AM

Love you, Jenny. I will miss you very much. May you rest in peace.
Posted By: which2

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 01:29 AM

Such sad news. Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends. Rest in Peace, Jenny.
Posted By: mbc841

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 02:02 AM

So very sad!!!! God bless her and may she Rest In Peace!!!

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 02:04 AM

Hope all is well with you, which2 and mbc841. Long time no "see." Sorry it's under such sad circumstances. Appreciate your posting.
Posted By: Paupasia

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 02:15 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this. Whenever I came here on the forum she was there and helped everyone. So sad news. Rest In Peace, Jenny
Posted By: ChrisMM

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 02:24 AM

Oh, no, I'm so sorry to hear that. She was always so smart and helpful.
Posted By: bigpsycho

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 02:31 AM

Sad news ....May she rest in peace
Posted By: Chief

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 02:33 AM

My condolences to her family and friends.

I did not know Jenny as much as you all.

But I could see that she was very helpful.
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 02:52 AM

So very sorry to hear this news. Always saw her posts out here and felt like I knew her. So helpful.
I often think of her and MaG.

I also remember someone from either Texas or Oklahoma who we lost. Friends you wanted to meet in person and have a cuppa with.
You moderators are the best and give Gameboomers it's soul.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 03:17 AM

I am so utterly sad.
Just grateful to her loving and caring Brother hearts
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 03:22 AM

Too many emotions here to even express. Jenny's passing will leave a great hole here at Gameboomers. All she wanted to do was help people out - and she did that in spades. RIP and Godspeed, Jenny. I will miss you forever.
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 04:44 AM

I am so sorry to hear this very sad news. I've known Jenny since I joined GB, and she was the first person I found who knew about Mac games. Her brother, other family members, and close friends have my deepest sympathy during this difficult time. I will miss her, too.
Posted By: colpet

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 10:28 AM

Jenny100 was one of the people I had an extra connection with here over the years. We shared a love of similar games. I will remember her for her wealth of computer game knowledge and her willingness to help no matter what the question was. My condolences to her family.
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 10:28 AM

So very sad to hear this news. And such a loss for her family, friends and us here at gameboomers.
You have my deepest sympathy. Rest in peace, Jenny.
Posted By: connie

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 11:46 AM

I'm very sorry to hear this news. May she rest in peace no longer in pain. My condolences and prayers for her family.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 12:14 PM

Rest in peace.
My condolences to her family and friends.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 02:39 PM

So very sad, she will be missed.
Posted By: Simon

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 02:55 PM

Oh I just saw the news on Facebook frown I didn't know Jenny, but I could see her name often on these forums. I have a thought for her familly and friends. Rest in peace Jenny.
Posted By: family

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 03:08 PM

such sad news, rest in peace, jenny100, you will be miss.
Posted By: sccurrie

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 03:58 PM

Very sad news, prayers to all.
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 06:18 PM

Such sad news. I was reading some of her posts the other day. My deepest condolences to her family. angel
Posted By: judith

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 06:19 PM

My condolences to the family. Rest in peace sweet Jenny.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/26/21 06:24 PM

Our condolences to Jenny's family and friends.

TM
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/27/21 04:49 AM

So sad.
Vale dear Jenny.
Posted By: qadventuregames

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/27/21 11:49 AM

Jenny,

So sorry Jenny I didn't know that you were ill. But now you are free from the pain and suffering.
As you look on us, you can see how much you are loved and missed.
My thoughts and prayers are with your family at their time of sadness and healing.
Boomers will be emptier without you.

Qadventuregames
Posted By: mbday630

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/27/21 02:03 PM

This is so very sad. I am glad that she is free from pain now. She has helped me so many times. She was a Godsend for sure. We are sure going to miss her.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/28/21 12:00 PM

My prayers go out to her family. What a great lady. hearts
Posted By: FlyingDutchman42

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/28/21 02:39 PM

I did not know Jenny personally, but knew she was
an important part of the Boomer community.
And always really helpfull!

A great loss for her family and for the Boomers!

robert. ( flying dutchman42)
Posted By: soot

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/28/21 03:05 PM

Jenny's Family ... I am deeply saddened by the news of your loss ... she will be missed and never forgotten. angel

Dan
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/28/21 07:28 PM

It Hurts To Loose People who can Help You in any Phase in your Lifetime , to me Jenny was truly one of them, My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/28/21 09:30 PM

This is so sad. She will be missed so very much! Gentle hugs to her brother and family
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/29/21 12:16 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this. Jenny was such a good person and a great help to all of us. We will miss her. My sympathy to her family.
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 03/31/21 02:43 PM

That is so sad; she was always so nice and helpful. Heart-felt condolences to her family,
Posted By: Tristy

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 04/04/21 08:06 PM

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this news. Sending loving thoughts to her family. <3
Posted By: DocPaul

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 04/04/21 10:31 PM

I am so very sorry to hear this. The death of any Boomer is a death for us all. May she rest in peace.

Paul
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 04/08/21 07:48 AM

Ana I'm so sorry to hear of Jenny's passing. Over the years she was so helpful when I had a problem or difficultly understanding a technical issue with a game or my computer. She always had a solution for me that worked or an explanation that I could understand.

My prayers go out to her family...may she rest in peace..
Gerry
Posted By: Mugsy

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 04/13/21 02:02 AM

My deepest condolences to Jenny's family and friends. Rest in peace dear Jenny.

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 04/13/21 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mugsy
My deepest condolences to Jenny's family and friends. Rest in peace dear Jenny.

Nice to see you posting, Mugsy, even though under such sad circumstances. Hope all is well with you.
Posted By: MsMercury

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 04/13/21 08:05 PM

Heartfelt condolences to Jenny's family. So sorry. May she rest in peace.
Posted By: JoAJ

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 04/14/21 07:41 AM

Gosh how sad, only just heard about her passing and she will really be missed. Always so helpful and never failed to post when someone was stuck in a game
Rest in Peace Jenny.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 04/14/21 06:17 PM

I am so sorry to hear this news about Jenny100. Years ago, when I was writing reviews for GameBoomers, she was my editor. She was very good about sharpening my writing and making sure that everything I wrote actually made sense. And she was especially helpful when it came to hyphens (when not to use them). She cared deeply about the staff and members at GameBoomers. She will be missed!
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 04/21/21 03:26 PM

rest in peace jenny100. you will be gratly missed by everyone. thoughts and prayers to your family
Posted By: mike_bn

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 05/07/21 06:50 AM

I only noticed this thread now. I also want to say that I am so sorry and sad to read this. I am quite new to this board,
so of course I did not know Jenny well, but even I can tell that she was a very helpful person, even to people like me, who she did not know
at all. I remember asking very specific questions about adventures multiple times and she patiently answered all of them.
Her posts told me two things: a) She really cared about the adventure genre b) Her knowledge about the adventure genre was truly
remarkable. Until I met her, I felt like I knew much about adventures, she made me feel like a total newbie wink

My deepest condolences to her family and to all of you on this board who knew her well.
Posted By: DocPaul

Re: Rest in Peace Jenny100 - 05/23/21 08:15 PM

Very sorry to hear this. It seems that so many are moving on. Condolences to all.

Paul
© 2024 GameBoomers Community