GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Steam #1036559
10/16/15 10:04 AM
10/16/15 10:04 AM
T
TRM Offline OP
Shy Boomer
TRM  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
T

I will be moving temporarily and I'm playing a game downloaded from Steam. The last time I did this Steam got all excited and thought that someone was trying to hack my account. It took a long time to get things resolved. In fact I had given up. After a month or two Steam sent me a note saying that I was "reinstated"!! Has anyone else played a Steam game, used a different router/ip address and was successful?
I've tried to contact them and it is just impossible to get through their maze...

Re: Steam [Re: TRM] #1036563
10/16/15 10:36 AM
10/16/15 10:36 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Hi TRM,

I have played Steam games on a computer in another state.
I installed the Steam program on both computers.
Verified my account (which might be problem for some) and downloaded the games I wanted.
I have - so far knock on wood - have not had a problem verifying my account. I just follow the mail or automatic procedure they told me to do.
I do agree - I can't get a response if I need to contact them. I got most of my answers from searching the internet.

Good luck.

----- I will move this thread to Discussion forum. You can also hear from the gamers that have problem or have no liking for Steam.

Last edited by MaG; 10/16/15 10:38 AM.
Re: Steam [Re: TRM] #1036732
10/17/15 09:27 PM
10/17/15 09:27 PM
Illinois
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer
BubbaJake  Offline
Settled Boomer

Illinois
I bought Tesla Effect on Steam then had to buy it again from GoG since I have never been able to even sign on to Steam after playing the game through once. Steam never responds to my email or request for help. I was given a Steam gift card that I also was never able to use. I will never go back to Steam. GoG always responds, even after 2 years away and a lost password, I was able to get back to my GoG account in less than 5 minutes.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 127 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users