GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#271661 - 01/31/08 12:44 PM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: Phoebe]
Lagavulin Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
headscratch

Up til now I would say Ripper devil, Black Dahlia hardwall and Schizm headscratch. Hard BUT great games.

Cheers

#271706 - 01/31/08 03:24 PM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: Lagavulin]
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hiding Under a Rock
Myst IV...not just because some of the puzzles were difficult mentally BUT because of the timed puzzles !!! crystal chair, mangree hop...and also rubbing that serpent was aggravating...and Myst V-writing on the slate!!! I enjoyed the graphics and story in those games but because of the aggravation they are not at my 'fave to play' list-i will probably NEVER replay them because of the timed areas. For sheer enjoyment (and even though puzzles really hard..but not physically so)...i loved Riven (still do!)..the water effects in that game are still incredible and haven't seen anything to equal yet!! Alida was hard for me..you were never quite sure if you had solved the puzzle...Schizm i started and was 3/4 thru it several years ago and the pc went bust so i never got to finish it (so i still have it to look forward to again!)but i thought it had very difficult puzzles. Enjoyed Rhem 1 a lot (yep-hard puzzles but i liked the wandering around and exploring!!) getting ready to re-start Rhem 2, and SO looking fwd to Rhem 3 !

#271726 - 01/31/08 04:25 PM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: misa]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel.
Probably Riven.

#271749 - 01/31/08 05:37 PM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: Tomer]
Phoebe Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Brazil
Hey Boomers,

I want add more games in my list of most difficult.

Myst IV and Black Dalhia, very difficult puzzles, but i loves this games.

#271750 - 01/31/08 05:40 PM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: Phoebe]
ron.etti Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: McClure P.A. USA.
I am with Tomer RIVEN.. But its my all time favorite

#271888 - 02/01/08 03:31 AM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: ron.etti]
metamorphium Offline
Settled Boomer

Hmm, I'd say maybe Blue Ice or Black Dahlia. Those were true challenges. And I didn't solve the hidden puzzle in Blue ice. frown

www.cbe-software.com

Created Vampires!, Crazy Vampires, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

#271924 - 02/01/08 07:35 AM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: metamorphium]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel.
Guys, it's an interesting subject to make a list about - from the hardest to the easiest...
I really like challanges, and would be glad to play some really hard games. I would love to see such a list...

Maybe someone can... do something?

#271943 - 02/01/08 08:57 AM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: Tomer]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Tomer -- I think that would be very difficult to do. grin Because people's impressions of difficulty levels vary so much. For instance, I thought Myst IV was significantly harder than Riven. Obviously other people would disagree.

I think a thread like this one where people mention the games they thought were difficult is as close as we can get. Actually placing them in order of difficulty would be much more debate-able (if you know what I mean).

#272057 - 02/01/08 01:23 PM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: Becky]
Bristol Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hardest for me were the math puzzles in Rama. I couldn't figure out how to use the scientific calculator so painstakingly worked out each puzzle by hand on loads of paper!

#273838 - 02/04/08 08:01 PM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: Bristol]
Martin Offline
Shy Boomer

That must be Schizm, just the gas collector alone must be one of the hardest puzzles ever designed, and I normally like math puzzles. This is followed by URU/Myst Online, Kadish Tolesa was just the most unfair age in any Myst.

#273851 - 02/04/08 08:09 PM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: Martin]
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Right up at the top of my list would be Schizm and Rhem--my mind apparently just doesn't work the right way for games like that!!

Just to highlight the difficulty Becky was talking about in ranking the games--Uru/Kadish was one of my favorite parts of that game, although I will admit that I didn't even try to do the column puzzle without a strategy guide...blush

#274008 - 02/05/08 03:08 AM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: Jenny]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
Codename: Iceman, I never did get past that enemy sub.

#274161 - 02/05/08 10:52 AM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
Duca Offline
Junior Boomer

Next life! Timed puzzles are killing me!

#274169 - 02/05/08 11:14 AM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: Jenny]
marie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Indiana
Yes, Schizm was pretty diffucult, but the second time I played it I liked I enjoyed it more.

Edited by marie (02/05/08 11:15 AM)

#274494 - 02/06/08 12:03 AM Re: Which adventure it was most difficult that you already played? [Re: Phoebe]
DragonFish Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Victoria, Australia
I think Schizm Mysterious Journey would be that hardest for me as I never finished it because I couldn't get past the part where you need to raise the two bridges by beating a type of computer game from memory.

However I've kept my saved games just in case I ever get around to having another go at it, and having recently joined GameBoomers Forum to get help with Next Life, I'll see if anyone has a solution or saved game to move me forward.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (Marian, Draclvr, Darlene, ExprStudios, Rowan, BobH, BrownEyedTigre, Koala, Mikael, Cathy1), 79 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users