GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#312484 - 04/18/08 12:10 AM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: olgeezer]
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
I did those dizzy spins too, until I changed the character's run to walk. It was mostly a breeze after that, a couple areas required some adjustment.

#312499 - 04/18/08 01:31 AM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: nickie]
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: stoke on trent England
The timed scene on the boat
Click to reveal..
when you get stabbed
got me for a while but all in all I strugled through .Bumping in walls etc

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (04/18/08 06:37 AM)
Edit Reason: added spoiler tag

#312507 - 04/18/08 03:58 AM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: olgeezer]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Olgeezer -- I didn't have the problems you describe while playing the game. You might want to play around with the setup, or perhaps post in the Glitches forum about the problems.

I'd forgotten the timed scene on the boat. frown That comes earlier than the end timed sequence.

#312654 - 04/18/08 11:03 AM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: olgeezer]
zookeeper Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: G.H. WA
I had exactly the same problems, olgeezer. I finally ditched the game too. It was just too frustrating. By the time I would get him pointed in the right direction, sometimes it took so long that I would forget why I wanted him to go there in the first place. lol At one point, I actually broke my D key by tapping it too much trying to get him to turn. (I was probably pounding it, actually crazy )

#312832 - 04/18/08 07:20 PM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: zookeeper]
Terri824 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Gee whiz, I am not happy with all these comments. LOL I've not had the problem of spinning yet, I guess it's something to look forward to. I however, am having problems remembering what key makes him do what. slapforehead (Actually, I'm not sure that I ever knew.) I haven't found anything to pick up yet, how will I know when I find something? I believe that I would like this game if it were point and click. Don't know if I am going to be able to stay with it but will try a bit longer.

#312845 - 04/18/08 08:05 PM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: Terri824]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Terri -- there's a brief intro to the interface at the beginning of MaG's walkthrough here. The manual probably also talks about it -- it's been long enough that I don't remember myself. blush

#312909 - 04/18/08 10:25 PM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: Becky]
Terri824 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks again Becky. So far, I've been using the old trial and error method with many many errors. I am slowly moving along but am having some trouble remembering how to do things that I previously did.
No doubt you will hear from me again. wave

#312933 - 04/19/08 01:35 AM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: Terri824]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

wave Let us know how it goes!

#313278 - 04/19/08 05:02 PM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: Becky]
Terri824 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi. I'm not sure if this should be in glitches/bugs or if I'm doing something wrong. Sometimes when I play the game I get no sound, other times it's ok. Also I've noticed in order to get the character to walk, I have to press the shift key. If I only press the W, he runs. Is this right?
duh

#313284 - 04/19/08 05:13 PM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: Terri824]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Terri -- I always got sound, so that does seem to be a glitch. But running when you press W is normal in the game, and the shift key slows Finvinnero down to a walk.

#313304 - 04/19/08 06:12 PM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: Becky]
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer

But when the frustration peaked from using the controls you could always release it by running old Finvinerro full speed into a wall. It would have been a nice touch if he bounced on contact. I did that a few times along with spinning around for the fun of it. Seriously though, there was no practical reason for the use of the keyboard controls. Had they stuck with point and click the game would have been better served. That error of judgment by the developers is what keeps this game from standing out.

When you think of great games, like Circle of Blood (BS 1) or Syberia you don't have to add the qualifer, "it would have been great if it were not so awkward to control." No the intrusive controls that made the game a chore to play for no compelling reason is a definite negative.

Everything about the game was top shelf and the developers sabotage it with those controls. If there was a reason for the keyboard it would be one thing. But there was nothing in it that point and click could not have easily handled. In my opinion the developers notion of appropriate controls cost them big time. Kind of reminds me of the debacle of BS3 without the terrible action sequences.

I know I am cranky and harsh but there was no excuse for this. Otherwise a great game.

#313312 - 04/19/08 06:40 PM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: oldmariner]
Terri824 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Becky. I haven't a clue what the deal is with the sound. Hopefully it will be on more than off. However, I thought he ran when you pressed both the W and Shift. Apparently I got it backward. laugh

Hi Oldmariner. That was too funny! rotfl
Trust me, Finvinerro has seen many walls, doors and metal fences/gates, and I can assure you that he will see many more.
I completely agree, point and click would have sufficed. No need to use the keyboard to ruin a perfectly good game.
I'm enjoying the graphics, so detailed. The scenery is excellent, characters, so-so.

I've not played Circle of Blood but absolutely love Syberia. It's still my favorite!

I promise that I will run the character into the wall, just for you, when I get back to the game.

#313315 - 04/19/08 06:49 PM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: Terri824]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Terri -- I remember hitting shift to slow Finny down. I don't have the game loaded any more to check it. But according to the manual, W makes him move forward and shift makes him run or walk -- so whichever he's doing with W, shift makes him do the other?

(Not sure if this makes sense.) grin

#313316 - 04/19/08 06:50 PM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: Terri824]
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer

Why thank you. I did enjoy the game in spite of the frustration. You must try Broken Sword 1 it is considered by many as one of the top five games ever.

#313419 - 04/20/08 01:13 AM Re: Dead Reefs [Re: oldmariner]
Terri824 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Becky. This game definitely has a glitch! So far I've somehow gotten down from the cliff and walked through a rock and through the ship hull. Also ended up at the Alchemist, but have no idea how I got into his abode. I think at one point I walked through a wall. Strange! oops

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (Kayc, kjos, traveler, BobH, Moondancer, cailyn, goldqueen), 77 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133
8496 Registered Users