GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Play Alien: Isolation as a stress free adventure without all the action #1036711
10/17/15 06:00 PM
10/17/15 06:00 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline OP
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

London, UK
I do realise Alien: Isolation is a dark side game, but I wanted to let you know of a way to play it as an adventure on the PC without all the action. You only need to download the Alien: Isolation Plus 8 Trainer on this page and run it before you run the game:

http://ddstrainers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/alien-isolation-trainer.html

Once both the trainer and the game are running, you activate the trainer within the game by pressing F1.

TRAiNER OPTiONS:
F1 = TRAiNER ACTiVATOR
01: NUMPAD 1 = iNFiNiTE HEALTH
02: NUMPAD 2 = NO ALiEN DETECTiON / STEALTH MODE
03: NUMPAD 3 = iNFiNiTE FLASHLiGHT ENERGY
04: NUMPAD 4 = EASY KiLLS
05: NUMPAD 5 = NO RELOAD
06: NUMPAD 6 = BETTER ACCURACY
07: NUMPAD 7 = NO COOLDOWNS
08: NUMPAD 8 = MULTIPLIES NUMBER OF iTEMS

I was worried all this was going to be complicated, but it was so straightforward I decided to share it with you. Alien: Isolation is a wonderful adventure game once that alien or those androids are not killing you every three minutes while you try to hide in the next cupboard. Honestly, I don't know how anyone could enjoy that game without using a trainer, then again I am die hard fan of adventures without action.

Comments on using the trainer:

I only use number 2 Stealth Mode (within the game, so you never have to switch windows), and the alien, androids and people with guns just ignore you, leaving you to play the game as normal as if it was an adventure instead of action-adventure.

You might wish to use number 3 infinite flashlight instead of having to pick up batteries all the time. And you might wish to save yourself the trouble of having to pick up hundreds of spare parts and other objects in order to build weapons and other things by pressing 8.

I have used the option 8 this first time I play it, but I regret it, because it might have been nice to pick up all these objects and build things. You can wait before using 8 and see if you get tired of picking up objects and building things. However once you press 8 once that's it, you have 1000 of each objects, parts and weapons and there is no going back unless you start the game over.

Since you won't have to kill anyone, or just for fun using these huge bombs, the other options are not really required. That is why it is not the number of options within any trainer that makes them better, you still need to enjoy the adventure once the action is out of the way.

Only use 2 Stealth Mode when you need it (when the alien or other enemies are around), and always deactivate it by pressing 2 before you save (it will say 'activated' or 'deactivated' when you press 2). Otherwise on certain occasions you might run into bugs if the game believes you are already dead, which is how this function works.

You will also have to deactivate it when there are big explosions on that space station because it bugs. In these instances you will know when it bugs, so then you just load again and this time deactivate stealth mode just before the explosion.

If the trainer does not work with the PC version you bought (it works with the Steam version), then try other trainers. See the section called More Alien Isolation Trainers on this page:

http://megagames.com/trainers/alien-isolation-8-trainer-eldds

You move around using the WASD keys on your keyboard, but if you have an Xbox controller (or a PS4 controller you can connect to your PC using InputMapper https://inputmapper.com), then it is much more enjoyable, and connecting those also proved to be simple.

And now I am going to be on the lookout for other trainers for these mega action games that could easily be enjoyed as straightforward adventures when using a trainer.

Re: Play Alien: Isolation as a stress free adventure without all the action [Re: rmt] #1036719
10/17/15 07:34 PM
10/17/15 07:34 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks for the info, RMT. The other gamers will be happy to know this.

You can also call this game with the trainer - action game with no action. laugh

Do you still do a lot of shoot'em ups? Fighting? You mention stealth.
Maybe my mindset is; if there's a trainer - it's action. lol

Re: Play Alien: Isolation as a stress free adventure without all the action [Re: rmt] #1036728
10/17/15 08:08 PM
10/17/15 08:08 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline OP
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

London, UK
Hi MaG. Stealth mode just means invisibility mode in this case. And trainers are probably not the right name for these, it is truly a cheat instead. We can also call this game with the trainer an action-adventure game without the action smile. Because indeed in this case I feel there is a worthwhile storyline and beautiful locations to look at and investigate.

I don't know about other games but for Alien: Isolation using the trainer truly makes it an interesting adventure, it works well and it is truly worth playing. Certain other games, I admit, using a trainer would simply mean the game is not worth playing. It depends on if there is an adventure or not once you take out the action.

I don't play shoot'em ups or fighting games as I hate the stress, although after buying a PS4 I bought of few of those games, some I actually enjoyed, like The Last of Us. A trainer would have been nice for that one, but trainers only work on PCs and that game is only on PS4.

Re: Play Alien: Isolation as a stress free adventure without all the action [Re: rmt] #1036735
10/17/15 10:07 PM
10/17/15 10:07 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Ah - that's good to know. Interesting. Thanks.

Re: Play Alien: Isolation as a stress free adventure without all the action [Re: rmt] #1036780
10/18/15 09:02 AM
10/18/15 09:02 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
thanks rmt

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Play Alien: Isolation as a stress free adventure without all the action [Re: rmt] #1036898
10/19/15 05:19 AM
10/19/15 05:19 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Interesting rmt. I never heard of "trainers" before. That would be really cool to play an action game like an adventure. I wonder if a trainer would work with the last Tomb Raider game!

Gerry
Re: Play Alien: Isolation as a stress free adventure without all the action [Re: rmt] #1036922
10/19/15 08:21 AM
10/19/15 08:21 AM
London, UK
rmt Offline OP
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

London, UK
Yes, that could be a good one to look for. Which one though, and is it out on PC?

Tomb Raider 2013 has a bunch of trainers on this page (section called MORE TOMB RAIDER (2013) TRAINERS):

http://megagames.com/trainers/tomb-raider-2013-v1017321-11-trainer-fling

It is very simple, you just google the name of the game along with the word trainer to find them, and get more details about if they are likely to work or not with the version you bought.

Re: Play Alien: Isolation as a stress free adventure without all the action [Re: rmt] #1037080
10/20/15 05:46 AM
10/20/15 05:46 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
rmt I was thinking of the Tomb Raider released for pc and Mac in 2014. It's the newest one. Thanks for the website for trainers. I will check it out.

Gerry
Re: Play Alien: Isolation as a stress free adventure without all the action [Re: rmt] #1037328
10/21/15 08:15 PM
10/21/15 08:15 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline OP
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

London, UK
It seems to me that there was only one worthy mega Tomb Raider PC game that came out in 2013, and out in January 2014 on Mac. It has no subtitle, and the Xbox and PS4 versions have The Definitive Edition as subtitle (they are updated versions). Lara is basically on a ship and they shipwreck on an island.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider_(2013_video_game)

So, the link I provided above for the trainers is the right link, it is for that worthy action-adventure game. I started playing it on the PS4 some time ago, and although it was a rather impressive beginning (I have never seen anything like it in any adventure game), with a great storyline, I still quickly lost interest. However I think it might be worth trying again with a trainer and play it as a simple adventure.

I have so many games to play, it might be a while before I test this one. If you give it a try Kaki's Sister, please let us know how much of an adventure it is once the action is out.

From what I could experience on the PS4, even with a trainer there should still be some action, although not unlike what we have seen sometimes in normal adventures. You will have to crawl and climb and jump and all that, this is Lara Croft after all, but if you have no one shooting at you, and no one to shoot at or to blow up, it might be a worthy adventure.

By the way, Game Copy World might not be a very reputed website, but they also have all the trainers for all the games (trainers are always free), and they at least describe for which version and platform those trainers are for, helping you a great deal in choosing the right one for you depending on your version of windows and which version of the game you bought:

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_tomb_raider_2013.shtml

And for Alien: Isolation

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_alien_isolation.shtml

SOMA

I was just reading the early review of flotsam concerning the game SOMA. Although there are no weapons in that game, there are killer AIs and robots you must hide from or you die. This is very much the same thing which makes Alien: Isolation impossible to play without a cheat of invisibility, you spend the entire game hiding and dying. I will definitely play SOMA with a trainer, I will buy the PC version instead of the PS4, anyway often I get a much better resolution on PC than on PS4. Here is the link for trainers for SOMA, hopefully more will be added soon:

http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_soma.shtml

This one should work with the GoG and Steam versions:
http://www.cheathappens.com/21447-PC-SOMA_cheats

Features: Invisible, God Mode, AI Cannot Attack

If you try it, please let us know if it ruins the experience in this case.

Last edited by rmt; 10/23/15 06:34 AM. Reason: Adding SOMA
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 291 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users