GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
SH-MOTM #104070
03/26/03 11:12 AM
03/26/03 11:12 AM
Apopka, FL, USA
C
Chuck LeRette Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Chuck LeRette  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
C

Apopka, FL, USA
These timed deals are driving me nuts. I'm giving up on this game, I guess. I've spent three days trying to catch the scorpions. I've tried one bucket on a scorpion and Sherlock dies in about ten seconds. I've tried picking up both buckets, and as I turn toward the scorpion SH dies. Is there any way some time could be added?

Chuck
Re: SH-MOTM #104072
03/26/03 04:58 PM
03/26/03 04:58 PM
Apopka, FL, USA
C
Chuck LeRette Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
C

Apopka, FL, USA
Hi Jenny: I clicked on the thread and followed, I thought, the instructions for downloading the save very carefully, but not being very computer literate -- because of advanced age -- I can't seem to get the save downloaded. I went back and tried the bucket-on-the-scorpion routine a number of times and did not get beyond picking up a bucket before SH dies.

I'm now going to take my 5:00 happy hour and calm down a little bit.

Chuck
Re: SH-MOTM #104073
03/26/03 06:42 PM
03/26/03 06:42 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Chuck, that saved file is in zip form--do you have WinZip on your computer? It is a free application for unzipping files of that sort...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: SH-MOTM #104074
03/26/03 07:53 PM
03/26/03 07:53 PM
Denver, Colorado
tazmanw Offline
Settled Boomer
tazmanw  Offline
Settled Boomer

Denver, Colorado
I, too was frustrated and even got the save game file loaded which worked fine (once unzipped). But being the anal gamer decided to try again and found it did make a difference which bucket you used (it helped to have saved right before placing chess pieces-although annoying to watch that scene over and over...)To make a short story long, I did it!!! So it really is doable- but I detest those timed sequences-much rather use my brain!!!

Re: SH-MOTM #104075
03/27/03 04:42 PM
03/27/03 04:42 PM
Apopka, FL, USA
C
Chuck LeRette Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
C

Apopka, FL, USA
For the life of me I don't know what happened, but I tried the puzzle one more time and, for some reason, I never ran out of time. I even wandered around a bit before I found the second scorpion. I did take both buckets into inventory together. At present I've gone into the smoky parlor, cut the curtain with the broken bottle, and have gone back into the hallway for a breath of fresh air, and saved at this point. I'm ready for my 5:00 happy hour on the back porch, watching the birds on the feeders, and enjoying a martini. Cheers.

Chuck
Re: SH-MOTM #104078
03/28/03 03:50 PM
03/28/03 03:50 PM
Apopka, FL, USA
C
Chuck LeRette Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
C

Apopka, FL, USA
I need a little assistance. In the parlor (having taken the piece of curtain out of inventory) I've clicked on the shield behind the sofa and began the puzzle. On the first try I got to the last word (shines), and Sherlock died. On the second try, a little faster I guess, and following "fanatic's" WT, I solved the puzzle and clicked on the puzzle, but nothing happened. I clicked on the little icon at the bottom left and backed away from the puzzle and clicked on the puzzle again and then clicked on the mirror. The WT says to quickly leave the room for some fresh air. Just as I got to the door Sherlock dies.

When I solve the puzzle, is there a hot spot somewhere in the puzzle to click on without having to back off the puzzle and then click on it again (using precious time)?

Chuck
Re: SH-MOTM #104079
03/28/03 04:15 PM
03/28/03 04:15 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Chuck,

I replayed this part a while back for another gamer and did as you decribed. That is the only way that worked for me.

I had ample oxygen -
I took the curtain piece.
Went out the room to get a big gulp of air.
Went back to open the shield.
Went out took a big gulp of air again.
Went back to the puzzle - solved it. Clicked, clicked again.
Looked at mirror.
Go out of the room again.

Hope you have better luck this time around.

MaG

Re: SH-MOTM #104080
03/29/03 12:48 PM
03/29/03 12:48 PM
Apopka, FL, USA
C
Chuck LeRette Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
C

Apopka, FL, USA
Thanks MaG. I took the extra trip out of the room, as you did, and made it.

Chuck
Re: SH-MOTM #104082
03/30/03 11:16 AM
03/30/03 11:16 AM
Apopka, FL, USA
C
Chuck LeRette Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
C

Apopka, FL, USA
Well, I might be able to finish this game. I see that there are no more puzzles after the black-and-white tiles puzzle. On this last puzzle I tried the two workarounds a couple times each, to no avail. I wondered about the figures in the left and upper margins and studied them a bit. I noted that the numbers 31 near the center of the upper margin were the number of rows. I filled a couple rows in with black squares then worked in either direction from there, then did the same for the left-margin numbers. All of a sudden I heard, "We did it," and the lever appeared.

Chuck
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 574 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users