GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Uru: I Give Up #105983
10/05/04 12:33 PM
10/05/04 12:33 PM
West Seattle, WA
ces Offline OP
Settled Boomer
ces  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

West Seattle, WA
I have given up on this game. For 6 months I have been trying to finish the Eders - I just simply cannot do it. And I SO MUCH wanted to get the 4 posts, see the rain, learn about the Bahro, and get back to visit Aegura. But I simply just cannot do it. So, I am shelving the game.

It's really a shame, because I love the environment they created, and having been a Beta tester I have already seen some of the stuff (Aegura, markers) that I can't now see.

Christine
Re: Uru: I Give Up #105984
10/05/04 12:45 PM
10/05/04 12:45 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Wait, don't quit please. Tell me what or where you are stuck and I'll do my level best to help you finish your game. Sue

Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran
Re: Uru: I Give Up #105986
10/05/04 03:12 PM
10/05/04 03:12 PM
West Seattle, WA
ces Offline OP
Settled Boomer
ces  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

West Seattle, WA
What is stopping my progress is those darn fireflies and all of the jumping you have to do with them.

(1) I have trouble attracting the fireflies in the first place

(2) if I do manage to attract them, then I lose them when trying to get into the cave

(3) the one time I did manage to get into the cave then I lost them when attempting to make the jump at the top

If I had a saved game for the last of the jumping with the fireflies so that I could get the 7th Eder journey cloth, I'd be all set. But there is no saving game capability, so I'm stuck.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your concern however! It brings a smile to my face.

Christine
Re: Uru: I Give Up #105987
10/05/04 03:53 PM
10/05/04 03:53 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
If you really want to finish this game, I'll work with you until you get your fireflies, get into the cave and get your cloth.
I had trouble getting my ff's to stay with me for awhile. What I did was wait until just after a shower, and then I'd WALK through the clouds of them until I had 20 or more. Then I'd WALK under the tunnel, over the stepping stones and touch the cloth to take me to the waterfall area.
Walk over the buoy you placed as a bridge,WALK to the area where you are going to have to jump [just under the waterfall]. Walk as close to the wall as you can and stand at the very edge and don't run make a walking leap. You should still have plenty of your FF's. Walk through the caves and out onto that shelf, NEVER run, once again walk to the edge and leap across. You can do it, I did. If this doesn't help, I'm still here and I'll try another tact. Sue

Kahlil Gibran
Re: Uru: I Give Up #105988
10/05/04 04:05 PM
10/05/04 04:05 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Christine, I remember crying, cursing and swearing off games forever when I did the fireflies, but I too made it and believe me it was worth it! Don't get me wrong, I don't EVER want to do it again but I know that if you stick with it and take enough fireflies with you, you will make it! Take a break, breathe deep and try again. You can do it!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Uru: I Give Up #105989
10/05/04 04:07 PM
10/05/04 04:07 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Don't forget that once you link, you are basically standing on a geyser, so once you are there start walking away from that area. Sue

Kahlil Gibran
Re: Uru: I Give Up #105990
10/05/04 07:09 PM
10/05/04 07:09 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by texaslady:
Don't forget that once you link, you are basically standing on a geyser, so once you are there start walking away from that area. Sue
I lost several batches of fireflies, Sue, before I figured out the the steam from the geyser was essentially water, and that walking through it would make them go away... blush

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Uru: I Give Up #105992
10/06/04 04:39 PM
10/06/04 04:39 PM
West Seattle, WA
ces Offline OP
Settled Boomer
ces  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

West Seattle, WA
Texaslady, BrownEyedTigre, and Jenny - I have done everything you suggested. And I did read somewhere about the geyser thing. The thing is I just can't get all 3 steps to work at the same time. It's not worth the frustration, I've been trying for 6 months, and there are other games to be played.

So, off it goes, and on comes Myst IV! (after I go out and buy a new hard drive tomorrow that is)

Christine
Re: Uru: I Give Up #105993
10/06/04 05:35 PM
10/06/04 05:35 PM
Hampton Roads
V
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer
Vizagoth  Offline
Settled Boomer
V

Hampton Roads
ces, here is a suggestion that worked for me. I had a problem with the fireflies too, I just forgot about the game for about a week. When I went back and tried after that everything worked. It seems that I was continuing to make the same mistakes over and over. The break gave me a fresh start.
Viz

Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my
pajamas. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Fogfighter, Lex), 257 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users