GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Can’t complete the Governor's Castle quest in “The Quest” #1065357
05/04/16 06:06 AM
05/04/16 06:06 AM
Pacific Northwest
Sig Segorn Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sig Segorn  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Pacific Northwest
The Mysterious Man wants you to gain access to it to find info about the governor and to acquire the governor’s necklace, but, after getting into the castle and checking it all out, I can’t find the necklace or even any info on the governor. None of the guards inside will talk to you and you just get a “No answer” pop-up when you knock on the doors inside, even the one that might be the one for the throne room. I’m afraid this might be a game-ender, cuz the only guide online that touches on this is the one on wikia.com, but it’s incomplete, so I can’t find out what the trick or issue is, and this is part of the main questline. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Re: Can’t complete the Governor's Castle quest in “The Quest” [Re: Sig Segorn] #1065403
05/04/16 11:03 AM
05/04/16 11:03 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
This guide here has it in great detail.

I hope it helps!

Ana luck

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Can’t complete the Governor's Castle quest in “The Quest” [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1065460
05/04/16 08:47 PM
05/04/16 08:47 PM
Pacific Northwest
Sig Segorn Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sig Segorn  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Pacific Northwest
It looks like you may have saved me, Ana. I didn’t know this good guide was out there---and neither did the search engines---but I’ll be bookmarkin’ this instead of that wiki. Am anxious to get back to the game to see if I can solve this now, but will post something further here later tonight either way. Thanks a bunch.

----------------

Yup, that did the trick, Ana. It’s weird...whoever copy-and-pasted that part of the guide into the wiki guide left off the latter part of it, so it leaves you in a lurch. And they made that part of the game tricky---you have to talk to the only guard (of many in there) who will talk to you (they all look alike), who’s standing by a normal-looking door (one of many in there). Talking to him gets you through the previously-inaccessible palacey-looking door (with two other identical twin guards) directly opposite him in this hallway, which is where that necklace is. There’s a lot of quirky, oddball things in this game, ranging from NPCs who get mad if you don’t pick up their side quest the first time it comes up, and won’t talk to you again about it, to clicking on “usually just scenery” wall banners to deactivate forcefields. The guide you linked me to answered another thing that was bugging me---namely, what was the Bloody Cyclops Key for that the miller’s apprentice gives you when you save him? It opens a nearby bone gate, but it didn’t disappear from inventory when used, like others do, so I kept looking for what it could open. This was made worse because these Silver Peak Caves are tied to a few side quests, one of which has you looking for a treasure in that same northern part, and, I guess just to throw you off, it says “you need good eyesight to find it,” so I spent some time looking for a keyhole that isn’t there in the cave walls and other scenery in there. Anyway, thanks again---gonna print up the part of the Redshift guide about joining the Thieves’ Guild and do that next.

Last edited by Sig Segorn; 05/05/16 12:25 AM. Reason: Added later post
Re: Can’t complete the Governor's Castle quest in “The Quest” [Re: Sig Segorn] #1065523
05/05/16 10:45 AM
05/05/16 10:45 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
joy So glad you were able to get past it! Enjoy the rest of the game!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users