GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Ripper equation #108668
05/17/03 11:12 PM
05/17/03 11:12 PM
NY, NY
chrisdist Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
chrisdist  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

NY, NY
There seems to be only one wt on the Web I can find and it tells me to put 46x2"7inv=5 into the calculator which of course doesn't work. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to type in? At a total standstill. Thanks chris

Re: Ripper equation #108669
05/18/03 04:22 AM
05/18/03 04:22 AM
Stockholm, Sweden
Lagavulin Offline
Settled Boomer
Lagavulin  Offline
Settled Boomer

Stockholm, Sweden
Have you looked at uhs-hints.com

It also depends on which diff level you have chosen.

Good Luck

ON:Ether One Redux
Recent:Stasis,Gabriel Knight3(RP),Gabriel Knight2(RP),Barrow Hill D P,Syberia2(RP),Secret Files P C,Inner World,Eyes Of Ara
Re: Ripper equation #108670
05/18/03 04:37 AM
05/18/03 04:37 AM
Haifa; ISRAEL
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer
LenG  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Haifa; ISRAEL
It's AGES since I played it, but IIRC it's not an 'equation' at all !

You have to click ("blindly") on the keys of the calculator as follows .........
Key marked '4' ; Key marked '6' ; Key marked 'X'(i.e. "multiplied by") ; Key marked '2' ; etc., etc.

I seem to remember there is a glaring
fault in that walkthru. There is NO key on the calculator marked " .. but something else which I seem to remember the person who wrote the walkthrough didn't have on his/her computer KB (but which IS on the game's calculator KB). It COULD have been something like "square root" or whatever!

Re: Ripper equation #108671
05/18/03 06:12 PM
05/18/03 06:12 PM
Glennville, Ga., USA
Albert Offline
Addicted Boomer
Albert  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Glennville, Ga., USA
Well, its been a while since I played Ripper too, and my memory is a little fuzzy here. There's someplace where you get the equation to punch into the calculator. That may be more "sure fire" than the walktrough you're looking at. The "INV" part rings a bell. Its "inverse", or 1/X. I don't remember how the calculator keys are labeled.

Albert

Re: Ripper equation #108672
05/19/03 05:32 AM
05/19/03 05:32 AM
Haifa; ISRAEL
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer
LenG  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Haifa; ISRAEL
If you haven't succeeded yet ..............
Quote:
I seem to remember there is a glaring
fault in that walkthru. There is NO key on the calculator marked " .. but something else which I seem to remember the person who wrote the walkthrough didn't have on his/her computer KB (but which IS on the game's calculator KB). It COULD have been something like "square root" or whatever!
I think the key you press 'instead' of the double quote symbol ( " ) is NOT the "square root" key but the "divide by" symbol/key which exists on calculator keyboards but not on computer keyboards.

AHuber :-
I also wondered about that. If plugging in all the 'correct' keys has no effect, it MAY be because the prerequisite has not been completed ????

The "non-equation" does not come out of the blue. It's ages ago, but I seem to remember that there's a computer (or something) in some woman's house/room ??? You somehow obtain a printout or sheet of paper with the rigmarole written on it.
This may be a 'trigger' to getting the calculator to work.

Please let us know if you've succeeded!!!

Re: Ripper equation #108675
05/20/03 12:40 PM
05/20/03 12:40 PM
Buffalo, NY USA
Brian Offline
Settled Boomer
Brian  Offline
Settled Boomer

Buffalo, NY USA
chrisdist,
I started replaying Ripper yesterday in hopes to get that equation for you. Though in doing so I stumbled upon an easter egg in this game that I never knew about before and have never seen reported. Next time you go to load up the game instead of typing Ripper type in Riper and enjoy!

hope this helps,
Brian
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 222 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users