GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused #1144072
03/09/18 09:41 AM
03/09/18 09:41 AM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

Hello everyone,

even though i am posting in the Hint section, please do NOT
spoil the game by explaining me a puzzle/mechanic and dont give me any
hint and please only reply to the questions i will ask. So why am i posting here then?
You will understand after reading my post (i think).

After solving the maze in Marray, i finally reached an area where there was a Villein
(still living) wounded on the ground. Right next to this Villein was a closed door (lets call it Door A).
Next to the door A was a panel (lets call it P1) to open these kind of doors
When i manipulated the panel P1, it did not seem to have any direct impact on that door A.
The way i remember it, the panel P1 was for another door (Door B) a bit a way (but still in sight).
This Door B leads back to the start area of that planet if i remember correctly.
And even though i could reach the pods where the people seems to be frozen in
with another Panel (P2) i was stuck in that area so i started to work on something else
which seemed totally unrelated: In Hunrath, i finally changed the position to the bridge
so that it is possible to get on the other side of the river. But in order to get there
i needed to go to Marray again. I only went there to teleport from there to Hunrath
to end up on the other side of the river in Hunrath and pass the bridge in its new
position for the first time to get to a new area (i still haven't been there).
But when i went back to Marray to do that, the Door A was suddenly open!!!

So now i am totally confused. I have no idea what i did to open it.

As i mentioned, i started
working on something different and did not touch any panels.
Unfortunately, Obduction has no savegames. If i had one, i would go back to the point
where Door A was closed and see which of my actions opened the door, but i cannot.

So my questions are

1) Did anything work as it should or is the door being open a bug?

2) If i had a savegame and would check again entering numbers 0,1,2 and 3
on Panel P1, would door A stay closed? I was under the impression
that Panel P1 was only for door B, but maybe i wasnt paying attention.
I would check if i had a savegame.

3) Next to the Villein, there is the number 222. I entered this number
on panel P2 and i got transported to some pod (maybe Josef).
I could not do anything there. But did this open the door A as an additional effect? Seems unlikey and
odd, but i would check that if i had a savegame. Because this is only
one of a few actions i did until the door was finally open.

Please just answer by yes or no, i do not want any hint (yet)

Thanks a lot!
Mike

Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144077
03/09/18 10:07 AM
03/09/18 10:07 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I hope you will get some replies to your question.

Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144089
03/09/18 11:10 AM
03/09/18 11:10 AM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

«Marian: I hope so, too :-)

I have got a couple of more questions, unrelated to my post above:

I heard there is more than one ending, so my questions are

1) How many different endings are there? I read about three, is that correct?

2) Not all endings are considered good endings, is that correct? How many
are good endings, how many are bad endings? Or is it a matter of perspective
whether an ending is good or bad?

3) As there are no save slots available, does that mean i have to restart the whole game
if i made a mistake and got the/one bad ending????

4) Is it obvious at which exact time you make a decision which leads to different endings?
What i mean by that i do not want to find myself in a position where i realize
in hindsight i made a mistake and have no way to undo it to get the good ending.

5) I suspect that whether you have a good or bad ending has something to do with the battery cable.
CW wanted me to plug it in but after i read in a journal from Farley(?) that she wants
CW to convince to not pursue his plan with the battery cable, i removed the cable from the slot
again. After i watered all trees CW said to me he plugged in the cable himself.
So my question is, do i have to unplug it at this time to not risk getting a bad ending
(please no details, just say: 'yes, you must unplug it now , otherwise you definitely will
get a bad ending' or say 'It has no impact whether you unplug the cable now in terms of getting a good or bad ending'.

So my point is, i definitely do not want any solutions or hints for puzzles, i just want to know
when my actions are decisive to get a good or bad ending. I don't want to finish the game
and then realize i got a bad ending. That would suck. But i want to get an idea without
getting hints for puzzles. If one has the option after a bad ending to get the good ending without replaying the whole game from the start, everything is fine, then i don't need to know anything.

Thanks again!
Mike

Last edited by mike_bn; 03/09/18 11:14 AM.
Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144093
03/09/18 11:34 AM
03/09/18 11:34 AM
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer
Lion_1251  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Mike,

1) this is no bug, everything goes as it should be.
2) yes, that stays closed.
3) yes, this opens that door.

There are different version, if you are playing via Steam then you have the updated version.
If you bought it very early and not have updated the game then there are differences in this area but that has nothing to do with this door.

Save games: the game saves as you exit, you can make a copy of that saved game. This copy will not be overwrite, the original saved game will be overwrite.

You can then go back to that point.

I did played it in 2016 and I made a walkthrough for the game in 2017, if I remembre correctly you see a list of saved games and on the right side you see a cross and a arrow. clicking on the arrow was the way to make a copy

Have fun with the game.

Lion_1251

Hi Mike

There are 2 endings, of course a good one and a bad one. I have only found these 2

You can play them both if you make a copy of a saved game.

Yes the batterycable is the point, ther you have to make a copy of the saved game.

Click on Exit and than on Load, you see saved games.

If you play only 1 game then there is just 1 saves game, if you play more than 1 game go to the top saved games and click on de download arrow.

The copy is in the same list of saved games, make the copy and play that ending.

After this ending load the copy and play the other ending.

You can decide for yourself what is the good and what is the bad ending.

Lion_1251

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 03/12/18 05:42 PM. Reason: combined stacked posts
Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144097
03/09/18 12:17 PM
03/09/18 12:17 PM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

@Lion: Thank you very much for your help! I am glad that everything worked fine
as it should with the door.
The only thing left is that when i google, it says 3 endings...

Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144103
03/09/18 12:47 PM
03/09/18 12:47 PM
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer
Lion_1251  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Mike,

I have read it on Steam about ending 3, for me it is not an ending. If you make a mistake than you die but you can restart from the same point.
You still have a lot of game to go, after the 2 endings there is no more game it is finished.

Maybe you now are in that place, you come to that place when you entre door A.

Look for yourself if it's an ending for you.

Lion_1251

Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144108
03/09/18 01:53 PM
03/09/18 01:53 PM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

Hi Lion,

well after door A there was a Mofang artifact which i immediately destroyed
with the blue laser. If i hadnt would i have died if i had touched this red device?
Was that the place?

Moreover, i hope it was not a mistake to aim the blue laser also at the corpse lying in the
ground. After i did, the body changed and it looked more like a Mofang, before it looked more human.

And last but not least, you wrote there is much more to do after door A.
I read the chapter headlines of a walkthrough and i thought i was
almost finished (i watered all 4 trees and CW just told me to destroy
another device, i only know the german word and i am not 100% sure what it
he means right now)

Open hints are only two piece of papers with some drawings ,
19 numbers (i think i need 20 for a device in Kaptar).

Is it really far til the end?

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 03/12/18 05:41 PM. Reason: combined stacked posts
Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144122
03/09/18 04:00 PM
03/09/18 04:00 PM
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer
Lion_1251  Offline
Settled Boomer

That depens in which order you play, when I was playing this game I had still got to go to Mofang to water the tree there.
After that I had to go to the tree on Kaptar.
For me I was in the middle of the game when I was on the same spot as where you are now, the Mofang artifact.

The hints and the numbers are for a device on Kaptar but you don't need to solve this for the game.
I believe it's for the easteregg of the game.

That's why I said that this is no ending for me, you can restart at the same point.
After the 2 endings you have to start a new game.

Lion_1251

Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144133
03/09/18 05:08 PM
03/09/18 05:08 PM
Quesnel b.c.
D
dianne Offline
Settled Boomer
dianne  Offline
Settled Boomer
D

Quesnel b.c.
lucky all of you that have solve the maze in marry wish someone would explain it all to me in simple terms as the walkthrough seems to be just don't understand some of it never worked for me guess it was all that swapping part never could figure that one out had to completlely give up on that one.Dianne confused wave

Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144184
03/10/18 05:39 AM
03/10/18 05:39 AM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

@dianne:

Regarding the maze: I am german, so its hard for me to explain in english, but i will give it a try:

The first thing you need to understand is how teleportation works.
If you got to the maze without a walkthrough, i think you know the mechanics, but just be sure:
when you get teleported from place A to B, its not only you that gets moved from A to B,
but everything near you as well. Just imagine a sphere of lets say 5 meters in size with you in the center of it
gets teleported from A to B while at the same time everything that was in 5m distance from point B
gets teleported from B to A. So if you don't teleport right back form B to A to reverse the effect, you swapped
two spheres of matter from two places.

When you look at the maze from the top you can see 4 circular areas: C1, C2, C3, C4.
Lets say C1 is at position 0 o'clock, C2 at 3 o'clock, C3 at 6 o'clock and C4 at 9 o'clock
(from where are you looking)

When you press the buttons on the top floor (the floor from which you can see the whole maze),
only the whole mazes turns/rotates, but none of the
4 inner circles rotates. But they obviously have to be turned in the right position to form a path.
So how do you turn one of the inner circles? You can always only rotate one at a time.
To spin lets say circle C1 (the one that is at 0 o'clock) you have to move it to position 6 o'clock
by turning the whole maze, then go two levels down using the elevator, use the teleporter
there to teleport to Hunrath, which does not only teleport you to Hunrath, but also the
circle C1 you want to spin. Right at your teleport destination you find two buttons.
Pressing them turns C1. If you hit one of the
buttons once, i think the Circle C1 is turned 90 degree angle. So if you hit one button one time
and then teleport back, you have turned C1 90 degrees. If you want to turn another circle, lets say C3,
just do the same again: rotate the whole maze until C3 is at position 6 o'clock, use the elevator to go down
two levels and proceed like you did with C1.

So now you know how to turn every Circle C1, C2, C3, C4. But this is not enough.
Remember what i mentioned about teleportation? The point is when you teleport yourself and lets say circle C1 to
Hunrath, what actually happens is that C1 is replaced by a fifth circle C5 (C5 was in Hunrath,
and when C1 got teleported to Hunrath, C5 was teleported from Hunrath to Marray at the position where C1 was. So C1 and C5 swapped places).
To see C5 in the maze, instead of teleporting back from Hunrath to Marray with the teleporter you just used,
use a different teleporter in Hunrath (for example the one you used the first time to get to Marray) and simply walk
to the maze. Then you will see that C1 is gone (because it is in Hunrath), but C5 is there.

If you understood everything, you know how to turn every circle C1,C2,C3,C4,C5 in the position you want to
and by combining rotating the maze, rotating a circle, teleporting from Marray to Hunrath and going back using a different teleporter device, you can position every of the 5 circles in any one of the 4 slots you want to.
This is enough to build a path between any two of the 4 exits of the maze.

Well, i doubt this is understandable, pictures would be better for sure,
but at least i tried ;-)

Last edited by mike_bn; 03/12/18 12:36 PM.
Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144252
03/10/18 10:44 PM
03/10/18 10:44 PM
Quesnel b.c.
D
dianne Offline
Settled Boomer
dianne  Offline
Settled Boomer
D

Quesnel b.c.
thanks I will make a note of this and yes don't worry it is understandable DIANNE

Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144277
03/11/18 09:46 AM
03/11/18 09:46 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline
Settled Boomer
Marinus_Louis  Offline
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Hi Mike_bn

Your explanation of the Maze in Obduction is the best I have seen so far and it is perfectly readable and I would like to ask you if I may use your explanation of the Maze in our Obduction walkthrough when I go do an English translation of it in the near future. Of course I will give you all the credits for it.

Happy Gaming:

Marinus_Louis

Last edited by Marinus_Louis; 03/12/18 05:08 AM.

Louis Koot
Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144533
03/13/18 12:45 PM
03/13/18 12:45 PM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

Hello Marinus,

Thanks for the compliment about my maze solution :-)
Of course you can use it in your guide, giving credit to me would be nice.

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 03/13/18 05:15 PM. Reason: removed comment
Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144538
03/13/18 01:37 PM
03/13/18 01:37 PM
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer
Lion_1251  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hello Mike,

Marinus is no longer on Gameboomers.

Perheps he reads this otherwise I will let him know.

Lion_1251

Re: Obduction Marray: Door suddenly open - totally confused [Re: mike_bn] #1144546
03/13/18 02:53 PM
03/13/18 02:53 PM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

In case anyone is interested, i just finished Obduction. In my opinion it is a good game,
although not as good as masterpieces like Riven or the Rhem-series. I, personally, think even
Myst III and IV were better but its really hard to compete against these top games.
So don't get me wrong, i think every Myst-lover should buy Obduction, he will most likely
enjoy it. My biggest regret is that the puzzles were a bit too easy, but again,
i am happy i played the game :-) Good job, Cyan!

Last edited by Draclvr; 03/13/18 05:11 PM. Reason: Removed comment
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (oldbroad, Pandora, 2 invisible), 269 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users