GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Mystery P.I. Lottery Ticket Vegas Heist #1211838
03/06/20 03:59 PM
03/06/20 03:59 PM
no. California
G
gillann Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
gillann  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
G

no. California
Purchaed set of games-PopCap Mystery P.I. 3 games, New York Fortune, Lottery Ticket and Vegas Heist. I've played almost all of these games, with no issue. The games installed quickly with no problems. Went to play and was met with a black screen, and frozen cursor arrow in the upper left corner. Have no idea what the problem might be, as I've never had prior problems with the other games in this group.

Re: Mystery P.I. Lottery Ticket Vegas Heist [Re: gillann] #1211848
03/06/20 06:55 PM
03/06/20 06:55 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I'm guessing you bought ***this collection*** because it has those three games you mention. Some of the Amazon reviewers say they had problems running the games, or that the only game that worked was New York Fortune and the other two wouldn't start.
One person posted the tech support response they got from Popcap, which gave instructions for playing the game windowed. That might help if this is a problem with the monitor or laptop screen not supporting resolutions as low as what the games use.

Here's a quote of what was said from the Comment by "Dotty" to ***this review***:
"First, you will need to locate the config.txt for the game(s). It is located in the following folder:
Mystery PI The Lottery Ticket C:\Program Files(x86)\PopCap Games\Mystery PI-The Lottery Ticket
Mystery PI The Vegas Heist C:\Program Files (x86)\PopCap Games\Mystery PI-The Vegas Heist
You will open the config.txt file in Notepad, then make the following change:
Change this line: fullscreen=1 to fullscreen=0
Finally, please save the file and launch the game." It goes on to say, "Please note, this change will allow the game to run in Windowed mode only. It is very important that you do not attempt to set the game to Full Screen again, as that will cause the issue to recur. Please do not click the Maximize button on the game window or set the game to Full Screen in the game's Options menu."

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Fogfighter), 245 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users