GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available #1235394
12/07/20 10:17 PM
12/07/20 10:17 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Holy mother of pearl at a pep rally with bone spurs and a cardboard cutout of the Pope! Sam & Max Save the World Remastered is out now on Steam, GOG, and the Nintendo eShop!

The award-winning first season of Telltale's episodic Sam & Max games has been remastered by a small team of the original developers who acquired the rights after Telltale shut down in 2018. The remaster sells for USD $19.99 (or the equivalent in local currency) and includes English voices and subtitles in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Hungarian, Czech, and Russian.

The game is available on GoG and Steam.

Check out the trailer here.

Sam is a six-foot canine detective with a love of justice. Max is a hyperkinetic rabbity-thing with a taste for mayhem. Together, they're the Freelance Police. And they're about to save the world.
Good to have you back, little buddy!
In 2006, the comic book crime-fighting duo Sam & Max starred in the first full-fledged episodic game from Telltale, the studio that went on to make The Walking Dead and Batman: The Enemy Within.

Now everyone's favorite dog and rabbity-thing are back in Sam & Max Save the World Remastered, a new version of their first season of episodic games that has been lovingly updated by a small group of the original developers with the blessing of Sam & Max creator Steve Purcell.

Return to the adventure game that was once called "gaming's first sitcom" and is today known as "the remaster you didn't know you were waiting for." With enhanced graphics, new widescreen and gamepad support, five new musical tracks, and the same brain-tickling puzzles and offbeat humor that won it IGN's Best Adventure GOTY award back in the day, Sam & Max Save the World Remastered is a modern classic that you'll love to play—or play again.
Now, let's go save the world...
It's just another day at the office for the self-proclaimed Freelance Police when the Commissioner calls in with a disturbing report: former child stars are running amok in the street! What starts as an open-and-shut case of idiotic vandalism balloons into an all-out conspiracy as Sam and Max encounter one miscreant after another who have been mysteriously hypnotized. (You can tell from the "spinny thing" they do with their eyes.)

Who's the source of this malfeasance, and what is their dastardly plan? Cracking this case will require Sam's nose for detective work, Max's lack of conscience, an assortment of inventory items, and a little help from neighbors Sybil Pandemik, Bosco, and Jimmy Two-Teeth. From Sam & Max's street to the White House lawn, inside the internet, and all the way to the moon, this baffling mystery gets weirder and funnier as it unfolds.

Happy Gaming!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1235399
12/07/20 11:03 PM
12/07/20 11:03 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thanks for that news, BrownEyedTigre grin

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1235407
12/08/20 12:57 AM
12/08/20 12:57 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Ana! I saw this a few days back and thought about you. Seems like I remember you saying you liked the Sam and Max games. (I did too.)

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1235427
12/08/20 06:55 AM
12/08/20 06:55 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Thanks Ana.

Connie
Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: oldbroad] #1235431
12/08/20 08:29 AM
12/08/20 08:29 AM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Originally Posted by oldbroad
Thanks Ana! I saw this a few days back and thought about you. Seems like I remember you saying you liked the Sam and Max games. (I did too.)

I loved Sam and Max! And yes, I am sadly behind in my updates but I will be caught up by the end of the week! Life has been full of distractions and challenges lately, but I'm hurdling over them!

Unfortunately, the developers that took on this project decided to be more politically correct and deleted the jokes that made Sam and Max funny. I will not be playing a 2020 cleansed version. frown I miss the days when the world had a sense of humor.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1235456
12/08/20 04:15 PM
12/08/20 04:15 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Originally Posted by BrownEyedTigre
Originally Posted by oldbroad

I loved Sam and Max! And yes, I am sadly behind in my updates but I will be caught up by the end of the week! Life has been full of distractions and challenges lately, but I'm hurdling over them!

Unfortunately, the developers that took on this project decided to be more politically correct and deleted the jokes that made Sam and Max funny. I will not be playing a 2020 cleansed version. frown I miss the days when the world had a sense of humor.

Ana wave

Please know that when I said I saw this a few days back, I was not making a crack about a late announcement.

I also miss the days when you did not have to watch every single word you say!

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1235458
12/08/20 04:47 PM
12/08/20 04:47 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
[quote=oldbroad]Unfortunately, the developers that took on this project decided to be more politically correct and deleted the jokes that made Sam and Max funny. I will not be playing a 2020 cleansed version. frown I miss the days when the world had a sense of humor.

Ana wave

Thanks for letting us know about this. I had the original version and GOG was offering me 50% off on the remastered version as a result. I won't be playing this version either.

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1235465
12/08/20 06:07 PM
12/08/20 06:07 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Me too Marian. I almost jumped on it but decided to wait and see. I was however, prompted to download the original version to my Win 7 computer. I was going to take a look at it to help me decide but I never got around to doing that.

I also have all the games on disc.

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1235477
12/08/20 08:00 PM
12/08/20 08:00 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
oldbroad, I didn't think you were criticizing me, I understood. smile And I still say what I want, but I choose my audience wisely. lol

Marian, glad you didn't purchase. I would read the reviews of the original fans like us first for sure!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1235490
12/09/20 12:31 AM
12/09/20 12:31 AM
G
GamingPhreak Offline
Shy Boomer
GamingPhreak  Offline
Shy Boomer
G

The game I'd like to see remade/remastered is Sam & Max Hit the Road, the 1993 classic. I was surprised they remade Save the World instead, because that game isn't that old. All the classic LucasArts games that have been remade so far have been nineties' games -- Day of the Tentacles, Full Throttle, etc. So Hit the Road should be remade instead.

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1235821
12/12/20 10:04 PM
12/12/20 10:04 PM
Kiev, Ukraine
Iurii Offline
Addicted Boomer
Iurii  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kiev, Ukraine
I would read the reviews of the original fans like us first for sure!

Well, there is my review smile But it is in Russian: https://itc.ua/articles/sam-max-save-the-world-bezumnye-priklyucheniya-volnoj-policzii/
I liked the remastered version a lot - and did not notice any serious differences from the original. Except the new looks and ways to control, of course, - and one item in the first chapter has been relocated to be easier to take.

Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1235831
12/12/20 11:16 PM
12/12/20 11:16 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks Iurii! Great read!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sam & Max Save the World Remastered Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1235839
12/13/20 12:42 AM
12/13/20 12:42 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks for your input Iurii!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (judith, Orion, 1 invisible), 245 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users