GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Syberia: The World Before Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1274071
05/27/22 10:02 AM
05/27/22 10:02 AM
Orlando, Fl.
Orion Offline
Addicted Boomer
Orion  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Orlando, Fl.
I'll tell you what.....this was one of the best stories if not thee best story we have ever played. You'll play 2 different characters, Kate and Dana, in different times which kept your interest/curiosity wondering "What the heck is this all about".

It took us 21 hours to complete playing 2/3 hours on the weekends. Towards the end it really took hold of my wife. She started yelling at Kate , " GO! GO KATE! GOOO! I had to pause there for a second and take a look at her.

I usually run the game and the wife does the reading. Works out well. She loves to read. There is a good amount of reading most related to the game. One of the nice features of the game is you are able to enlarge anything read by clicking on "Read" on the bottom of screen. If I were to change anything about this I would have liked for it to have been read to us. Whether it was something on a wall, something picked up or journal reading it was all very interesting and moved the game along

Inventory was really cool. It never got overwhelming, very few items as a matter of fact. You would inspect items able to spin them around. There were hot spots on items and when clicked on would give out information. The use of items was made very easy. When an item was needed this neat little Inventory display would pop up allowing you to scroll through the items you have and use

You'll talk to many characters along the way getting information from them and in some cases listening to some history. You are given choices to either ask a question or make a comment. Very simple choices and not choice overload

Puzzles were well integrated into the game and also well placed.

What ever time you were in, playing Kate or Dana, the scenes were amazing. There were scenes I would have loved to walk through myself, do some shopping, listen to the birds on the trails, hear the waterfall in the distance or sitting there waiting on the tram to take me somewhere

The game does have auto save but does save quite frequently. I think we had about 35 saves in total. We would watch for the save display to quit. The game would auto start at your last save but you could go to a previous save if wanted.

All in all I think the game was genious. Benoit Sokal would be proud. We loved it and can only hope they continue on developing Kates story. It has been quite a ride

Last edited by Orion; 05/28/22 07:03 AM.

It's never too late!
Re: Syberia: The World Before Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1274081
05/27/22 12:02 PM
05/27/22 12:02 PM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Thanks for your review of the game, Orion. smile

Connie
Re: Syberia: The World Before Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1274083
05/27/22 12:24 PM
05/27/22 12:24 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks for all that game info Orion. It's good to know there is not just one save to continue on from.

Re: Syberia: The World Before Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1274213
05/29/22 06:28 PM
05/29/22 06:28 PM
UK
T
teassoc Offline
Settled Boomer
teassoc  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

UK
Yes, I agree with most of the posters on this. In fact I have loved all of the Kate Walker games.

The opening scenes involving the orchestra were beautifully done.

Puzzles were not that challenging with perhaps the cemetery one being the hardest.

The ending suggests the series will continue.

Re: Syberia: The World Before Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1274216
05/30/22 12:08 AM
05/30/22 12:08 AM
New Zealand
blackbird Offline
Settled Boomer
blackbird  Offline
Settled Boomer

New Zealand
I loved Syberia 1 and 2, I didn't buy 3 based on reviews. Metacritic scores for The World Before from critics and users is very high so I'm in.

Re: Syberia: The World Before Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1275077
06/12/22 08:59 PM
06/12/22 08:59 PM
Des Plaines, Illinois
RayBres Offline
Settled Boomer
RayBres  Offline
Settled Boomer

Des Plaines, Illinois
I'll have to hide my comments for this. [Added later: don't look at this unless you've finished the game because it concerns
the ending.]

I have to be a naysayer about this but I object to the ending of the game. Kate initiated a call to Olivia and told her that she was
coming back to New York. The call ends with Olivia saying she'll be at JFK airport waiting for Kate. Now, that's a commitment
on Kate's part (she volunteered to call), yet a minute later Kate abandons that and runs for the train that's going to Baltayar.

I think that's terribly wrong of Kate to do that and lessens her in my eyes. Besides, what was she going to do there? Assuming
the now 85 year old Dana was still alive and well, would they play piano duets? Gin rummy? What? (By the way, I never could
see a resemblance between Kate and Dana judging by Leon's drawing of Dana in 1937, which was critical to starting Kate's
search.)

A real shocker would have been in revealing the existence of the Gorun tribe to the world because it couldn't stay a secret
forever. A different species of sentient upright apes that are not Homo Sapiens (but Genus Homo) would turn the world
upside down.

ray
Re: Syberia: The World Before Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1275079
06/12/22 09:49 PM
06/12/22 09:49 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Hi RayBres. Long time no see. Thanks for your comments on this game! I still haven't played it, or even bought it, but I looked at what you wrote anyway. I'm sure I'll forget it by the time I play. I'm kind of thinking of replaying the other games again first but I'm not sure about all that, which could take me another year to get to Syberia 4. We'll see.

Re: Syberia: The World Before Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1275097
06/13/22 07:33 AM
06/13/22 07:33 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Nice to see you RayBres, and thank you for your comments! wave

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, Pandora), 173 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users