GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: The Witcher thread three (spoilers probably) [Re: Draclvr] #261533
01/12/08 04:36 PM
01/12/08 04:36 PM
Billings, Montana
Milee10 Offline
Settled Boomer
Milee10  Offline
Settled Boomer

Billings, Montana
Drac - There really were three patch versions put out...1.1, 1.1a, and 1.2. I downloaded and installed v1.1a which came out shortly after 1.1. You can 'Google' it and find references to that version, but not much more. I think you sent Nickie the only real important patches and I have no idea what 1.1a fixed above v1.1, but in passing I read a unofficial comment about it only fixing something in Act V. Wish I knew for sure, but I just can't find the info. It didn't help me either way because I still had to wait for 1.2.

I've made it into chapter 3 but haven't been able to play for about 4 days. I did notice that my game is kind of 'freeze/stuttering' at times in this chapter when ever I go OUT a door into Vizima. Seems that the city in this chapter is 'busier' and my video (wish I had a new card cry) is having a problem. I sincerely hope I don't start crashing like before. Did any of you notice a difference like this when going into chapter 3?

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have any film. Mine was over exposed.
Re: The Witcher thread three (spoilers probably) [Re: Milee10] #261548
01/12/08 05:09 PM
01/12/08 05:09 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Ah, I see. I went to The Witcher website and there was no mention of a 1.1a patch, so I assumed the others were the one ones released.

What I have in Chapter is a momentary freeze - like maybe 1 or 2 seconds - whenever I come out of a building. I think there are so many more NPCs in the streets in this chapter. Otherwise I'm not having any problems whatever.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: The Witcher thread three (spoilers probably) [Re: Draclvr] #261606
01/12/08 07:41 PM
01/12/08 07:41 PM
Billings, Montana
Milee10 Offline
Settled Boomer
Milee10  Offline
Settled Boomer

Billings, Montana
Thanks Drac. That's exactly what's happening to me also along with a jerkiness when running down the street when a lot of people are about. Maybe I should walk (if it's possible) lol.

There are a few references to that particular patch in the Witcher forum, but finding them isn't easy. You can see one of them on this link page a couple posts down:

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=7466.15

I don't know how to navigate on that site to get any real info without posting. It's just to big confused.

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have any film. Mine was over exposed.
Re: The Witcher thread three (spoilers probably) [Re: Milee10] #261631
01/12/08 08:32 PM
01/12/08 08:32 PM
Texas
nickie Offline OP
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Texas
Yep, here's a site where you can download the three patches if anyone needs it:
fileplanet

Sounds like there may be more patches in the works.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: The Witcher thread three (spoilers probably) [Re: nickie] #261652
01/12/08 08:58 PM
01/12/08 08:58 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Well, yay! Anything they can do to make this game better is worth the effort. I'm waiting for either an expansion or the sequel...

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: The Witcher thread three (spoilers probably) [Re: Draclvr] #261662
01/12/08 09:25 PM
01/12/08 09:25 PM
Texas
nickie Offline OP
nickie  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Texas
In case there's any interest, on May 1 amazon.com is releasing the English version of one of the books of the Witcher series that the game was based on called "The Last Wish". It's already released on amazon UK.
There's also a DVD movie of the Witcher called "The Hexer" I believe, that was based on the book series. The reviews of it were somewhat less than stellar, but... laugh

Also, this thread has just about reached its page limit, so it looks like a good time to close it. Please feel free to start a new one when you like!

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lex, curly), 396 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users