GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... #266269
01/21/08 01:06 PM
01/21/08 01:06 PM
H
HEMLOCK Offline OP
Settled Boomer
HEMLOCK  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
H

To all of my friends and acquaintances that I have met online. wave

This post is to let you know that I will not be renewing my subscription to Myst Online Uru Live and Game Tap. cry

I find the lack of any news from Cyan or Game Tap about a second season of MOUL disappointing, and while I hope the game continues. The future of MOUL seems bleak at best.

And to be honest... MOUL has not really lived up to my expectations.
When you log on to the game you are greeted by the echo of your own footsteps. Because there is absolutely no one there. The only thing missing is the sound of crickets chirping in the background.

Those of you who know me. Know that I have been involved with Myst and Uru from the very beginning. From the original UU to the user supplied content that kept Uru alive after Cyan pulled the plug, and on through the beta programs all the way up to the present MOUL as it exists now.

Unfortunately without MOUL I can't continue to justify Game Taps $83.40 yearly subscription fee duh. Game Taps other offerings seemed to be geared toward a younger demographic pacify, and some of the new games that they have added. Seem to be titles that have been given less than stellar reviews or have not done well after their initial release. Of course there are a few exceptions.

I want to wish you all well and continued success if MOUL should survive luck, but I think it's time for Ole Doc here to grab his hat, fold up his tent and move on.

C'ya praise

Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: HEMLOCK] #266598
01/22/08 12:18 AM
01/22/08 12:18 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hi Doc! You will be missed!

I'm slow, I know, but I still haven't finished the new content from the last episode in November. lol Maybe I'll get it finished about the time Season Two starts.

I wish we'd hear more about Season Two too.

Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: Becky] #266950
01/22/08 03:22 PM
01/22/08 03:22 PM
Manchester U.K.
lor Offline
Settled Boomer
lor  Offline
Settled Boomer

Manchester U.K.
Sorry to see you go Doc!

I have replied at length on MO:UL as I didn't think GB was the place for a saga of leaving and staying, quite enough of those over there and on GT:)

lor

Last edited by catsskeg; 01/22/08 03:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: HEMLOCK] #266985
01/22/08 03:50 PM
01/22/08 03:50 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
So sorry to hear that, Doc.

I haven't had time to play since the beginning of the month (when I popped in to get the January sparklie) and I haven't been on the MOUL boards in a while. I'm in the same boat as Becky; I still haven't finished the November content. I didn't realize people were feeling so let down. I'll have to make some time to catch up.

Sorry to see you go!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: Celtic Lark] #267469
01/23/08 02:03 PM
01/23/08 02:03 PM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
I'm also not going to renew, or I'm going to cancel, or however that works. I haven't played in months and the only thing I ever played was Uru and I haven't done any content since Scars. It just didn;t grab me anymore and the need for multi-player interaction to complete some storylines just isn't my style.

EDIT: That being said, does anyone know how to actually cancel your subscription? I just spent like half an hour on Gametap trying to do that and couldn't get anywhere. All I got w3as a message that my program was performing illegal operations, but I couldn't find a place to go to cancel.

WW

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 01/23/08 02:58 PM. Reason: Combined Stacked post

"So then he says it's enough to take aim! What's that supposed to mean?!?"

Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: wysewomon] #267492
01/23/08 02:57 PM
01/23/08 02:57 PM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hi WW -- Have you gone to your GameTap account information? (I'm not sure how you cancel, but that might be a good place to start.) You click on the box that has your GT avatar (if you've chosen one, if not it's a box with a kind of shadow in it).

Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: Becky] #267921
01/24/08 10:50 AM
01/24/08 10:50 AM
H
HEMLOCK Offline OP
Settled Boomer
HEMLOCK  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
H

Hi WW, I see that Game Tap is trying to entice it's members to renew their subscriptions by offering 50% off their regular subscription price ($119.90) . The current offer is $59.95 a year.

I want to make it very clear, that I am not advocating to anyone that they should cancel their accounts.

I am just giving my reasons for why I am choosing to do so.

Wyse Woman if you are still having problems with the cancellation process and if you still wish to cancel your account?

Follow these steps.

1.Sign onto your Game Tap Account
2.Click on your Avatar or your Screen Name
3.Click on view your full web profile
4.Click on Account Settings
5.Under Membership select Change plan/cancel
6.Click on Cancel Service

Last edited by HEMLOCK; 01/24/08 10:53 AM. Reason: correct typos
Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: HEMLOCK] #267928
01/24/08 11:02 AM
01/24/08 11:02 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: HEMLOCK
I find the lack of any news from Cyan or Game Tap about a second season of MOUL disappointing, and while I hope the game continues. The future of MOUL seems bleak at best.

And to be honest... MOUL has not really lived up to my expectations.
When you log on to the game you are greeted by the echo of your own footsteps. Because there is absolutely no one there. The only thing missing is the sound of crickets chirping in the background.

Those of you who know me. Know that I have been involved with Myst and Uru from the very beginning. From the original UU to the user supplied content that kept Uru alive after Cyan pulled the plug, and on through the beta programs all the way up to the present MOUL as it exists now.

Unfortunately without MOUL I can't continue to justify Game Taps $83.40 yearly subscription fee duh. Game Taps other offerings seemed to be geared toward a younger demographic pacify, and some of the new games that they have added. Seem to be titles that have been given less than stellar reviews or have not done well after their initial release. Of course there are a few exceptions.

Be sure you write to them and tell them your reasons for stopping your subscription. You might also try writing Cyan. They should be putting episodes out more regularly than you've indicated or they're going to lose even more subscribers.

Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: Jenny100] #267932
01/24/08 11:12 AM
01/24/08 11:12 AM
West Seattle, WA
ces Offline
Settled Boomer
ces  Offline
Settled Boomer

West Seattle, WA
BTW - Cyan told everyone regarding Season 1 Episodes that the finale would be in November, and that they had no ideas about Season 2 because they were "in negotiations." Until the negotiations are finished, Cyan cannot say when, or if, there will be a Season 2. They also cannot talk about the negotiations due to legal constraints.

Christine
Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: HEMLOCK] #268053
01/24/08 03:04 PM
01/24/08 03:04 PM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
Originally Posted By: HEMLOCK
Hi WW, I see that Game Tap is trying to entice it's members to renew their subscriptions by offering 50% off their regular subscription price ($119.90) . The current offer is $59.95 a year.

I want to make it very clear, that I am not advocating to anyone that they should cancel their accounts.

I am just giving my reasons for why I am choosing to do so.

Wyse Woman if you are still having problems with the cancellation process and if you still wish to cancel your account?

Follow these steps.

1.Sign onto your Game Tap Account
2.Click on your Avatar or your Screen Name
3.Click on view your full web profile
4.Click on Account Settings
5.Under Membership select Change plan/cancel
6.Click on Cancel Service

I tried that and I didn't get any option to Cancel, just to change plans.

Edit: never mind, I found it.

WW

Last edited by wysewomon; 01/24/08 03:59 PM.

"So then he says it's enough to take aim! What's that supposed to mean?!?"

Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: wysewomon] #270184
01/28/08 06:19 PM
01/28/08 06:19 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
I haven't done Scars yet(just too dumb and not been able to concentrate), and am in the middle of the last part of Ahnonay..and if one of the wonderful persons in the 'Boomers Bevin had not helped me so much i would not have gotten that far. However, i have not been on in over a month ... but i do think it is very odd that no word has come from Cyan about when/if new content will be arriving..and i think it is even odder that GameTap has not an inkling.... It makes me think that either Cyan got tired of MOUL and did not make any new content or there is a problem with their inner developers...

Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: gamenut] #270352
01/28/08 11:34 PM
01/28/08 11:34 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: gamenut
... but i do think it is very odd that no word has come from Cyan about when/if new content will be arriving..and i think it is even odder that GameTap has not an inkling....
Well if what Ces says is true and they're still "in negotiations," maybe they're trying to find funding, or negotiating with Gametap about how much funding Gametap will supply them with. If that's the case, it's important to let GameTap know that they have members who will leave if there are no more MOUL episodes.

Re: Not going to renew my Game Tap subscription... [Re: Jenny100] #270518
01/29/08 10:19 AM
01/29/08 10:19 AM
Missouri
Air Navy Offline
Settled Boomer
Air Navy  Offline
Settled Boomer

Missouri
I haven't played MOUL for over a month now and have the same issues with the game as Wysewoman. The need for multi-player interaction doesn't seem to fit the concept of exploring and solving on your own. The Guild of Greeters were very helpful in my becoming acclimated to MOUL and were much appreciated.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 569 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users