GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Draclvr] #298243
03/22/08 01:07 AM
03/22/08 01:07 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

I'm going further than out of town - I'm going to Vienna !!
[Well .... In my game lol]

Hope you had a nice evening and enjoyed some well cooked food devil

Cheers.

Mad wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Mad] #298246
03/22/08 03:04 AM
03/22/08 03:04 AM
Waimea Big Island of Hawaii
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

See what happens when I am offline all day? Had to make the Walmart/Costco trip and was gone all day, just now at 10:00pm turned the computer on. I am still in the Chantry, entered the second level. Gad I don't remember the Tremeres as being so difficult, I mostly used lure, Wil with his bow first, but then I get all flustered and don't switch back to a close weapon quick enough, instant Torpor. Sometimes you have to charge in cause they all come floating out anyway.

So Mad, you now have Eric, he is a brute though and can deal quite a whack. I already came out of the Chantry a couple of times to visit the monks (thanks for leaving me some) and to see off the weapons so I could carry more, of course spend on more blood. I would leave the stuff for later but I am afraid I won't remember where I left them. So I deal with one level at a time. No sure about play time tomorrow, might help with coloring the eggs and I still have to plan a trip to Hilo to look for a matching file cabinet (Drac knows).

Saving?? I save everytime I kill off a group of baddies, I already ran out of new save slots, so I am saving over the old ones.

Last edited by hawkavonpuka; 03/22/08 03:05 AM. Reason: forgot saves

What kind of magic spell to use?
Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: hawkavonpuka] #298512
03/22/08 03:08 PM
03/22/08 03:08 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi hawkavonpuka smile

We missed you !!!!

As for saving over previous saves, I am on the second round of doing that lol lol lol

Hoping to play again, later, and see what Vienna is like thumbsup

EDIT :
Well, now I know .... and I am badly stuck in the clock tower place eek
I don't like the sunlight bits and I can't get past the pendulum.
In fact there's a distinct possibility my whole team and I could perish in this place sad

Cheers.

Mad wave

Last edited by Mad; 03/23/08 12:35 AM.

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Mad] #298699
03/23/08 01:50 AM
03/23/08 01:50 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Just checking in. I'm about to enter the 3rd level in the Chantry. I've definitely "walked the abyss" several times to sell stuff and buy blood. Gads, I'd forgotten how hard these Tremere guys are!

Mad, I have to say the sunlight bit was the worst! You had to disengage everyone and take them across one at a time. And then there was a huge fight if you did make it across. Hope you got someone across to disable that pendulum!

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Draclvr] #298911
03/23/08 01:08 PM
03/23/08 01:08 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi Draclvr smile

After about 25 attempts last night I gave up on the pendulum but will have another go tonight .... whistle
And I have been taking people round one at a time but it gets rather boring, I find frown

If I do manage to play on and descend to lower levels in this building, does the "sun" issue go away ??

[This is the first bit of the game that I haven't enjoyed and I was SO having a good time !!]

Cheers.

Mad oops

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Mad] #298917
03/23/08 01:18 PM
03/23/08 01:18 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
It goes on for a bit, but is over soon. Most of us agree that this is our least favorite part of the game. I don't remember the trick to get one of the characters past the pendulum to turn it off, but I do remember it was just a matter of timing. I'll be there soon enough!

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Draclvr] #298920
03/23/08 01:19 PM
03/23/08 01:19 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

I'm just hoping I can survive long enough for you to come rescue me !!!! rotfl rotfl

EDIT :
Well, what do you know ??
I got past the pendulum and after some very stressful combat blush survived sufficiently to get double crossed by the Count mad and I am now in prison ....
With hoards of riches but no spare blood whatsoever eek

Can I escape ??

Don't forget to tune in to the next thrilling episode, folks !! lol lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Last edited by Mad; 03/23/08 04:38 PM.

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Mad] #299036
03/23/08 05:58 PM
03/23/08 05:58 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

That prison is horrid with no blood and you can't get out to get any. I haven't played as I was again out yesterday and today was lost in finishing my book. I hate the Tremere and need to get on with it.

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: hawkavonpuka] #299117
03/23/08 08:15 PM
03/23/08 08:15 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Oh, my, Mad. I'm there too. I'd forgotten how hard it was to get through the prison with absolutely no blood at all! I think I started with Christof with about half his red line and the rest with just enough red to register!

I mostly fought with Christof in the lead as he had the most. Luckily the Teutonic Knights are fairly easy to kill. And I've found just barely enough blood and rats along the way to keep anyone from being killed. But it's been touch and go. I was in even worse straits when I was trying to get through the part before the Fortress and I thought I'd never make it! I still have the last 2 levels to get through, but I just found a Blood Bag in level 3 which will help enormously. PLUS I can't feed on the knights to make things worse!

Let's just say, I feel your pain! Hawka, is there where we find the Ainkurn Sword? That is the best weapon for Christof, Mad. He steals blood with every hit....

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Draclvr] #299147
03/23/08 09:54 PM
03/23/08 09:54 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I just arrived in Vienna also, not sure if I have the courage to get into this afternoon. I sold all the extra stuff I found in the Chantry, all bracelets and jewels have been pawned off. I bought as much blood as would fit in my inventory, I don't let the coterie carry more than one or two flasks since they glug it down. I think I did that in the Teutonic base also, if they die, they die, I am sooo cruel. I found the Ainkurn sword in the base and of course Chris gets it cause we know what happens to the others. I have found that different things are found when you repeat an area so I hope it is still there. I used that thing even in modern times and love it. I found some sort of blood thing in the Chantry, don't remember what it is for, have to take a look at a guide and see. I thought I would surely run out of blood before I finished that level, but I made it by the skin of my teeth last time. Like I said, I am a compulsive saver and if I think I can do an area better, I will give it another go. It is killed Kill, Save, Kill, Save. Not looking forward to the tedium of the sunshine, I did it one at a time, can't remember how I did the pendulum switch, maybe celerity, I did die alot though.

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Draclvr] #299148
03/23/08 09:58 PM
03/23/08 09:58 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

All my characters have a little blood in the line under their portraits but that's it.
So I'm in dire straits .... again eek

This whole section is way too long a stretch to not allow use of a portal scroll. I have so much stuff I could sell - and then I could buy blood !!!! hardwall

See you soon - if I survive woozy

Last edited by Mad; 03/23/08 09:58 PM.
Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Mad] #299154
03/23/08 10:05 PM
03/23/08 10:05 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hope you make it Mad, where is your last save, it would be a pain playing it over, but at least now you know to stock up first. I forget where to buy stuff in Vienna, I am sure I will find out soon though. luck

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: hawkavonpuka] #299161
03/23/08 11:05 PM
03/23/08 11:05 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Whew! Just got out of the Teutonic Fortress. Christof and Wilhelm got killed in the last battle with the Tremere with the lightning or electricity or whatever that stuff is. But Eric laid down the smack and he and Serena finally got out of there. Everyone is back up and running and now I have to go back there to pick all the loot I had to leave behind.

That is really mean to not allow you to Walk the Abyss or feed through that whole thing! But I've always gotten through it by the skin of my teeth. Mad, you can do it!

I got past the pendulum the first time with Celerity. But I'm having a hard time getting those scrolls to work for me this time. I assume I've forgotten some trick. I'm not talking about the usual Scrolls of Awaken etc., but the other ones like Scroll of Blood Rage. I cannot get them to work on anyone no matter what I try. I guess I'll have to go to a walkthrough to see if I can figure out what I've forgotten.

To speak as Christof, mayhap I'll have to send out a call for help to Barb!

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Draclvr] #299163
03/23/08 11:25 PM
03/23/08 11:25 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Draclvr, I had the same problem and I figured it out, but now to remember. I was trying too click the scroll on whoever needed it, as in Awaken, but I am pretty sure it is right click it on yourself and it will bring them back. The other scrolls that do something to someone else, I think you have to right click on them. I will look at the GameBanshee w/t or whichever one I read that said "how to".

Edit here: I found this w/t + guide here I think this is what I used on my first play.

Scrolls:
For some reason, people get confused by the scrolls, they can't figure
out how to use it. So, I will explain. To use a scroll like Walk the
Abyss, open up your inventory, or press the corresponding keys for the
quick item slots (F1 to F5). Then, with the mouse controlling the
scroll, go to the game screen and right click the mouse, this should
cast the spell, for spells like Fireball, put the mouse towards the
enemy, and then right-click it. For Spirit's Touch, right-click on the
item you want to ID in the inventory.

Last edited by hawkavonpuka; 03/23/08 11:59 PM. Reason: scroll info

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: hawkavonpuka] #299174
03/24/08 02:45 AM
03/24/08 02:45 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Helloooooo-oooooo wave

I got out !!!! Nobody died !!!! And I have just been on a mad buying/selling shopping spree happydance

[And I too picked several scrolls I didn't know how to use woozy]

Restin' up now before even considering going on the next quest .... lol

Cheers.

Mad bravo

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Mad] #299198
03/24/08 06:29 AM
03/24/08 06:29 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Congratulations, Mad! That's quite a quest, isn't it! Especially when you can't leave and you can't feed.

I'll bet that's it, Hawka. The scrolls like Blood Cauldron or Blood Rage have to be cast on the enemy. I've got a couple of books like Thamaturgy that I'm not sure about how to use either. You'd think after playing this game 3 or 4 times, I'd have figured this stuff out!

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Draclvr] #299430
03/24/08 02:09 PM
03/24/08 02:09 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Use the books the same way, right click them on yourself. I have to check and make sure I didn't use that blood book on Wilhelm. If I did, then I have to go back. (Just checked, I did use it on Christoph, whew!!) What it does is give you that discipline, but of course you need the experience points to add to it and your levels have to be high enough. I am not good about using disciplines, basically I go in and hack and slash.

I feel like going back to the Chantry to look for more bloodstones, just have to chance bringing up more of those monsters.

Congratulations Mad, I think the Haus de Heux has Tremeres again and I know there is a hard to kill something somewhere in there, you may have to use Serena and her fire spells. I know I was stuck there big time.

Last edited by hawkavonpuka; 03/24/08 02:30 PM.

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: hawkavonpuka] #299514
03/24/08 05:16 PM
03/24/08 05:16 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

Haven't had chance to play since my miraculous survival lol
[I certainly intend to experiment with the scrolls.]

I do have at least one scroll though (and possibly a book as well) that doesn't carry a description other than "1 x Charge". I've no idea what that might do or who I should use it on woozy

Have fun !! And I hope to join you again soon grin grin

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Mad] #299766
03/25/08 07:35 AM
03/25/08 07:35 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Yup, that was it. You cast those scrolls on the enemy. They work exceedingly well too! I've got that book too, Mad. Don't have a clue what it is!

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Draclvr] #299958
03/25/08 01:54 PM
03/25/08 01:54 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ugh, I am on the last level of the Stephansdom and that Dark Hunter is irritating me. Have either of you found something that will make it go down easier? I was able to feed off alot of the ghouls, thus reserving blood, but my companions downed whatever I gave them to carry. I am tempted to go it alone, half the time they just stand there like lumps anyway. Maybe I should try a scroll or two. I use all the books on Chris cause I know he will be there for the "long haul". I have that blank scroll too, put it in the vault since it wouldn't work on anyone. I am curious about the sunlight, when Christoph runs through it he doesn't burn, however the others are on fire and screaming about it.

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: hawkavonpuka] #300100
03/25/08 05:49 PM
03/25/08 05:49 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I just kept hacking at the Dark Hunters and they finally went down. There were so many of them though and they are hard to kill. My coterie really helped with them. Sometimes I would go feed on a ghoul and when I would come back they had taken the Dark Hunter down.

He hollered a lot that, "It burns..." when I took him through the sunlight. I have no idea why he wouldn't unless there is some spell you have???

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Draclvr] #300149
03/25/08 06:53 PM
03/25/08 06:53 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I got through them once, but forgot to save before Luther Black and none of the coterie was at full health, two of them burned to a crisp. I remember him saying "It burns" on my first play, but no fire showing up this time, very weird. Anyway I am trying to do the Dark Hunters area better this time so my blood doesn't run dry. I do send one or another off to feed on the ghouls, hate to use up the flasks. I think I have one batch of ghouls/dark hunters left. I swear that the ghouls are actually helping to kill the DH's, sure looks like it anyway. I am going back in...........

Edit here: I am up to heading for Teutonic Knights level 2. Serena and Eric are always running out of blood, so I have tryed a new strategy, I leave them behind while Wilhelm and I clean out the level, then summon them to come. Makes more sense than wasting "precious blood" on them. The take forever to come, so sometimes I have to look for them, but I use them to pick up whatever spoils they can carry. Did you two find the Ainkurn sword? I don't remember where it is and I don't want to miss it.
Enough for tonight, I need to unwind from all this killing, hehehe!!!!

Last edited by hawkavonpuka; 03/26/08 01:46 PM. Reason: wrong name

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: hawkavonpuka] #300339
03/26/08 08:36 AM
03/26/08 08:36 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

Yes .... I did find that sword .... but not till just before I got out of the Knights' place.

Haven't had time to play much since but am hoping to get back to the game very soon grin

[You will both probably be past me by now whistle]

Cheers.

Mad lol

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Mad] #300675
03/26/08 06:38 PM
03/26/08 06:38 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Yes, it is in the last level before you go upstairs. I think we all got killed several times before I got past all those Teutonic knights - especially the one with the REALLY big 2 edged axe. But Erik is very glad he has it!

I just finished up the Haus de Hexe last night. I'd forgotten why I hate the ending of that one. I'll say no more.....

Re: Vampire Masquerade Redemption [Re: Draclvr] #300750
03/26/08 11:44 PM
03/26/08 11:44 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I didn't play today at all, got the file cabinet delivered yesterday and today put it together. Now my back/right hip is screaming at me from all the sitting on the cold floor.

I remember the end of Haus de Heux and I am so not looking forward to it. But I am looking forward to the modern times coming up soon.

I switch Erics weapons and disciplines all the time, maybe he just needs more blood than the average giant. I think he is just not as nimble as the other two, dexerity maybe? I sure wish I had that sword now though, if I could cheat it I would for sure.

Last edited by hawkavonpuka; 03/26/08 11:45 PM.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 147 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users